[1.0.6.0] Faceroll aether Battlemage & Death Knight (no MI, s&b, cdr, 25min gladiator)

WTF! Why do you all say that Krieg set is so popular, so meta, etc? I can see that most popular DK thread has 30k views and most popular battlemage thread also has 30k views. While there are builds with 70k, 100k, 200k+ views. How do you measure popularity then? In your head? Among your personal friends? Or maybe you have insights from devs?
I thought they buffed Krieg set exactly because there wasn’t that much interest in DK and battlemage, even though the set is relatively easy to get.
Explain it to me!

It’s good for making records but in regular runs I’d better spend another 1min than use extra button for one single boss.

Yes. I’m having fun in game, you know. And playing exactly as I like.

My bad, I was talking about really strong builds. Your own relaliator spends about 5 min killing single Valdaran according to your own words. I’d say, he certainly requires a buff.
And aren’t you the guy who said that he hates crucible and never plays there?

Yes, it’s you. Oh, well.

I have a compilation with strongest builds. And I don’t buy your opinion that there are some secret OP builds that some individuals keep to themselves like rats. Goods builds are made by nice people who are willing to share them.

It might be a good alternative. If you have it, try it. I don’t think it will be better.

To hell with nerfs! Seriously.

@Zhuugus: Visit the Build Compendium, do you see any Witchblade build? None, right? Yet I’m pretty sure all the experienced players and their moms have at least one Warbon WB in their pockets. Just because you don’t see them popping up in this particular forum frequently doesn’t mean they’re not popular irl.

To add to this, most don’t bother posting “obvious” builds especially when at least one good guide exists for it

A good example imo is, almost everyone uses SJ Elementalist but no one bothers posting a dedicated guide for it since Zars made one ages ago and there’s little to no changes required to his setup (except fuckin’ turtle, why the fuck do people bother with that constellation?)
The only SJ Elementalist build that was posted after that was Ceno’s Critjacks build and the one is a done much differently than how Zars or any one of us might have done it (he used Invoker+LD set, pretty creative approach imo)

Sorry. I just love talking about nerfs even though I don’t really care about them nerfing it yet.

Regarding your statement about krieg builds not being as popular as we make it out to be, it’s due to multiple reasons. The first Battlemage build posted here a week after expansion release not optimized and it did not really show the power of battlemage with krieg set. On the other hand dk was not supported by the set skill-wise back then and all hype surrounding dk kinda died out. The set was buffed in 1.0.3
0 but the bm or dk build posts after that were either unoptimized or were posted by relatively unknown people (i.e. not JoV or jajaja or Supefluff) until this build came along. I believe the popularity of krieg builds will skyrocket from this build because the poster (you) has already built a good reputation in this forums with your list.

Another reason might be because a lot of people just hate cadence and s&b with all their heart. I mean look at that troll in the previous pages. There are lots of them.

Lol this was particularly true of most of Zars’ builds back then. SJ elementalist, PRM druid, TSS druid.

This, I mean look at this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64181
He facerolled everything possible in the game, yet no one gives a shit because:
a. He’s an unknown dude (who doesn’t even speak English?)
b. Due to that, he didn’t provide a proper guide.
c. The title is too generics, should be “[1.0.3.0] Aether DK, The God Killer, 15min Crucible, 1000% Immortal etc”

Edit: I’m not pointing finger at the OP, almost every second thread title is like that seriously.

I can understand the latter reason but I would say that this isn’t possible. Aether Blitzer concept has existed on the forums since before the expac so screwing this up is similar to screwing up a Physical S&B char, it’s literally only doable if you intend to screw it up :stuck_out_tongue:

Build compendium takes all builds with guides, doesn’t care if they are mediocre or even weak. I myself have a thread of powerful builds which is quite popular. And there I gather different builds, including the ones that don’t have guides but are top tier (I have similar to this DK there for example).
I have two witchblades there and probably add the third one soon.
My point is: people do not keep strong builds to themselves, they share, but it’s not that easy to find them. I’m doing that and from my thread people can learn what is really strong even if the build doesn’t have a fancy guide.

These are builds posted on the forum, the authors didn’t keep them to themselves!
Glimpse said: “because some of the are not posted on the forums to avoid being nerfed into oblivion”. And I was talking about that.
“Obvious builds” are absolutely other issue. Idk why authors do not bother to update their builds.
And thanks for that elementalist build, I overlooked it.
And 57k views for the elementalist is a lot, but “everyone”? I would rather say everyone plays pet builds in this game since their top thred has 1,6 million views!

Thanks! But i don’t think I’m nearly as good as famous buildmakers like JoV, Superfluff, Jajaja, etc.

I agree that the concept is simple, but from my point of view: yeah, they all screwed it up :slight_smile:

Can we convert a DoT like ITrauma to aether damage?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51898

Read that Ace :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, we have done a brilliant job at derailing the thread. At the end of the day, good job Zhug grats on your fist build posted here
Time to find another thread to derail :rolleyes:

P.S

Nullification is also useful against debuffing yourself from harmful buffs (sadly Lokarr’s Mutators are immune to this :p). You can debuff Valdaran and Shar’zul by reducing their elemental damage by a lot.

Indeed, I didn’t even need to interfere myself.

Nullification is easily one of the best skills in the game. Removing enemy auras, lowering elemental damage, removing dots, debuffs and other crap on you. Can’t tell how many times it saved my ass.

Anyone is doing a major disservice to themselves by not picking it up.

No.

Thanks!

Yeah, yeah, nullification does all that. But when you faceroll it is just another pesky pointless button to press!

When new cruci comes ur gonna worship it:) all of us will

Have you been enjoying my new Halls of Infinite Agony so far, puny mortal?

Even now i dunno why anyone would not pick Nullification and use it. This spell saved my HC ass more times that MoD :smiley:

Yes, you are doing it wrong. Rashalga is beatable with any strong build. Go to my compilation thread and read crucible guide. In short: you fight with her only when she doesn’t have her red aura on. As soon as she glows red you run away. Red aura amplifies her damage like 10 times, no one can facetank it.
So, just a bit of kiting and she will perish. Even glass cannons can do that and DK is a tank.

If you already have DK then it’s indeed no need to go for battlemage - they are very similar in gameplay. Both are equally strong with bis gear. If you want something new, you can look for it in my compilation thread (link in my signature).

Yes - I went back with the DK and figured it out. The key problem is I was trying to not have to drop the multiplier. It just seems to take forever to joust in and out and overcome her healing mechanic while kiting.

I’ll probably go through and level the battlemage version - seems to be a lot more DPS. The DK (at least the build I am using) is super tanky but doesn’t appear to have the DPS potential yours does.

Challenge accepted!

I know it is great, alright! But battlemage already has overguard and mirror. And your spellbinder has mirror and mark of torment.

You are welcome to do so, but you can also make DK with exactly the same gear and exactly the same devotions and it will have roughly the same damage. Leveling two similar characters is really boring. I am not stating that my battlemage is better than DK, I’m stating it is just as good.

Fun is subjective. Nullification, however, is objectively good. By ignoring one of the best debuffing skills in the game you are deliberately gimping your own build for quite a stupid reason.

You seem confused. Strong is a broad term, used to describe many possibilities. The power of retaliation builds does not come from their damage output - it comes from tremendous tankiness. It is THE only build, which can take on a fevered Ravager. The only build, which can safely facetank all the content in the game, without breaking a sweat. This is it’s strength.
It doesn’t matter if it takes 5 minutes to kill Valdaran if he can’t damage me. At all. Also, great for coop, when you take all attention to yourself, while your comrades shred the enemy.
And yes, Crucible, even with RET is viable, albeit… unique. I simply put my character on AFK mode, while doing stuff. It works.

Ah yes, I forgot that people are all about MUH CRUCIBLE these days. The damage done to the build section is probably permanent at this point. Oh well.
In case you also forgot - we were talking about Rashalga specifically, not Crucible in general. I repeat - RET can definitely facetank her without problems.

Prudence does not equal cowardice. Big Z is always watching, so it’s no surprise some people just keep builds to themselves. It’s not hard to believe. Doesn’t matter anyway, since this game will probably never achieve true balance.

Very impressive build indeed though I doubt I will have the time to enjoy it since everyone screams for nerfs…

Dont touch my Krieg set!

I went a different route (class choice) with the same set:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2d7Az8N

It also works pretty good but not anywhere near this…