Creds to (in no particular order):
This guide aims to achieve 2 things:
1. A crucible worthy gunslinging purifier:
Adkong’s gunslinging purifier has reached incredible popularity in the forums, however, I don’t believe it has what it takes to conquer the cruicble.
So this is my rendition of a purifier capable of doing so.
As usual, given my predilection for double damage types, it is a spec which uses BOTH lightning and fire damage thereby enabling the player to make the most out of static strike and brimstone.
Lightning damage: +1800% bonus, -145% RR
Fire damage: +2100% bonus, -133% RR[/spoiler]
2. To compare/contrast the various COMPETITIVE gunslinging FS builds
Read if interested:
As many of you know, I’ve been releasing a series of gunslinging builds. This has all been an attempt on my part to demonstrate why I believe the purifier trumps all other possible class combinations with the demolitionist.
- Dagallon purifier: 9min 170 clear unbannered
- Darkblaze pyro: 9:30 170 clear unbannered
- Vit FS Defiler: 10min 170 clear bannered
What’s responsible for this difference? IMO, this can be attributed to:
- Itemization (e.g. Darkblaze set offers incredible firepower, dagallon has pen, etc.)
- Brimstone’s interaction with WPS
Allow me to explain. 3 nems are clustered around my Dagallon purifier. ‘Bursting round’ procs:
- Each nem takes an initial 114% WD from the initial barrage
- Each nem therefore ‘explodes’ per the AoE
- Each nem will therefore take damage from each other’s explosion
- Each nem takes 114% * 3 = 342% WD
Now, let’s add brimstone into the mix:
- Brimstone procs on each nem
- Brimstone becomes an indirect single-target shotgun
In sum, the greater the number of enemies around you, the greater your single target and AoE DPS becomes.
This is precisely why I went for a WPS pool of 105%. Being able to garauntee a WPS proc on every single shot increases DPS tremendously.
I’ve reached out to many of the veterans (see ‘credits’) to discuss the aforementioned with them.
@The veterans: Mates. You know I value your insight, and I gave everything you said serious thought + testing where appropriate.
Most of them will disagree with me when I say this - The purifier needs some tweaking by crate.
My suggestion: Make brimstone only capable of proccing on ONE projectile. In the case of gunslingers, make brimstone only capable of proccing on 2 projectiles - one from each gun.
Feel free to disagree with me. I fully acknowledge the fact that I am not the most experienced/knowledgeable player around, and my opinions may likewise be limited.[/spoiler]
- It’s a fucking purifier. What other explanation do you need?
2. It uses toilet paper, uh…I mean ulzuin’s set for armor. What other explanation do you need?
Why stack 105% WPS
Read my comparison of the different FS builds for an explanation. But basically because:
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?