[1.0.6.1] Ymirsiol, the Storm Titan - Primal Strike Warder, Gladiator farmer (8 minutes)

Hello wonderful people!
No foreword, just straight and simple Ultos Warder.

Meet Ymirsiol, the Storm Titan.

>> Grimtools << Primal Strike Edition (currently top version, use this)
>> Grimtools << Savagery
>> Grimtools << Savagery: Alternative setup with Dying God and Judicator’s Seals

Clears Gladiator Crucible in 8 minutes with no sweat, surprising performance for Warder.

Core of the build

• It’s a Warder using Savagery and Primal Strike with Lightning damage.
  • Ultos set is used to grant various bonuses to Savagery and Primal Strike.
  • Brutal Lightning damage granted by synergy of classes, Ultos set and devotion route is enough to crush anything in seconds.
  • This build have huge HP pool, great outheal and Wendigo Totem to ensure our survivability.

Key explanations

• This kind of build is surely invented already, it’s just my attempt to make a build with full Ultos.
  • Alternative rings are Judicator Seals, more OA/DA but less lightning damage, they are nearly the same damage-wise.
  • Spear of the Heavens is taken instead of Dying God because it’s stylish. What is more important, constant 180% Lightning damage from Spear and 30% crit + 10% total speed from Dying God are somewhat balanced in case of damage output, but Spear proc deals great AoE damage and DG proc drains your HP.
  • Spear proc is really good: it deals 60% weapon damage per hit (85% WD per second with CDR), and if you extend the calculation to 5 seconds it deals 425% weapon damage in AoE during 5 seconds. It’s basically a free Blade Arc.

Gameplay

• Agressive melee combat.
  • Avoid Aleks’ meteors as always, they are dangerous.
  • I use Savagery to obtain OA, DA, slow resistance and attack speed. 3 charges are obtained in less than second and they last for 6 seconds. When you beat trash mobs, drop Savagery and just kick some asses with Primal Strike; but when you beat bosses, hit with Savagery first, get few charges to buff yourself and then beat that boss with Primal Strike.

Max crit landed in Crucible (solo, Crucible buffs, no banners)

Stats pane (Savagery and auras up)

Video

Mercymaker’s “Top Performance” runs:
Warder run:
//youtu.be/6sQjnlOA6Fg

Vindicator run:
//youtu.be/BFBZveUAEBs

Primal Strike Edition

Savagery

Alternative (Dying God + Judicator Seals)

Attachment: screenshot74.jpg

1 Like

Nice one:) Considering switching to this from Conjurer cos its just feels too squishy.
Btw 5:16 wtf? Thats rly strange Grava behavior, he is just chilling there not doing anything xD

Also have u considered Dying God/Revenant? something like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyqDBwZ

TY!
Yep, this build feels very safe and comfortable, enjoy :slight_smile:
About that accident: sometimes I see Grava and Kuba staggering at this particular map, maybe some AI bug.
About Dying God+Revenant: hm, didn’t consider it. I think Ultos + Spear just fit this build better, but feel free to swap the devotions if you like them.

Also just noticed you have 1 unallocated devotion point. What do you think about Glyph rings? They give my conjurer like 20 K damage just from the proc + theyre craftable, so another nice armor/phys. bonus. The Storm Seal has insane synergy with this build, but I would maybe considering 1 Glyph ring instead the Sky Seal.

I completely forgot to allocate it because I don’t know what else to take. Maybe Empty Throne for stun res or Toad for vitality res. Or Ultos for chaos overcap. Or leave it as is. Nevermind :slight_smile:
About Glyph: I decided to take Coven’s Sky Seal because this build desperately needs OA and Glyph doesn’t have built-in OA. Glyph is definitely better damage-wise, but I’ll stay on Seal.

Hi there :stuck_out_tongue:

Dying God is better. Much better. Reason is - we can have it 100% of the time. Ideally you would want to have both Reckless Tempest and Dying God, but it’s impossible to do without dropping Ultos.

Here is what I suggest as devotions route.

Hello bro! =)
I doubt that DG is “much” better.
Here’s my thoughts about DG here. Constant and stable 180% Lightning damage from Spear and 30% crit + 10% total speed (30% crit because Spear have 10% built-in too) are somewhat balanced in case of damage output, but Spear proc deals some AoE damage and DG proc drains your HP.
I also suppose that 10% total speed will result in ~7% actual attack speed because we are wielding massive 2H weapon - not so big difference, but your HP is constantly drained.

If you take out 2 pts from Rhowans Crown (you dont need full constellation to meet other prerequisites), 2 pts from Reckless Tempest (minor damage boost) and swap Sailors guide for Eel, we can get Revenant (6% LL, 6% attack speed, HP and very juicy racial bonuses against Moosi, Zantarin and most importantly Reaper).

HP drain is not a problem for an auto-attacking build with 17k HP and Feral Hunger. I think 30% crit damage + 10% total speed outweighs 180% lightning damage and Spear’s Proc. Especially when your walking speed is not capped, you benefit from total speed even more. And because we are wielding massive 2handed weapon every attack speed bonus becomes extra valuable to us. Just try it.

Another problem with your gear choices are ring slots. While both rings are very solid you end up being a little bit short on OA for an Ultos build and OA scales insanely well when you have such a metric tonn of crit damage.

I would rather complete RT tbh if that was possible. But Revenant is also solid.

I did a quick test run with DG and Jackal, didn’t see the time difference in Cruci of the Dead. I already promised @korsar to make 5 runs with each char, will do it tomorrow

Reaper is not problem, I encountered two Reapers at the same time and smashed them both in seconds

Judicators? Possible, but they are overused already

I played with devotions setup a little bit to figure out how to have best of both worlds.

Made a little monster. Might test it on my Ultos Druid.

EDIT: HAHA, I actually failed and forgot to include Arcane Mines. Forget about that.

I love this devotion setup. No Widow tho?

Yeah, I edited my previous post. For a second I thought it was a stroke of genius, turned out to be impossible was still impossible.

What do you think about Judicator signets? Lots of OA/DA, but resistances become not capped and -200% lightning damage if I equip them.
Are they worth taking in your opinion?

I use them on my Druid but I don’t have Field Command so I need all attack speed I can get. Plus I think their OA synergizes greatly with the huge crit damage Ultos builds have.

I have the same dilemma lol
My Conjurer also suffers from low-ish OA (2.6 K unbuffed, near 3K buffed, very similar to yours). I also have lower DA than you, so thinking about switching to Judicators as well, but I am not quite sure I am ready to give up 25 K dps + 14% armor and the juicy crit from Stormcallers pact xD I am just afraid that the Sealed Fate proc wont be up when I need it most (in the waves with multiple nemesis).

If you gonna test them let me know the result pls :slight_smile:

@mad_lee
@Aerinqq

I tested the behavior of DG and Judicator signets on this warder and I can say that there’s no time difference in clear times.
So, I’ll leave my initial setup with SotH. But I’ll include the version with DG into OP.
Edit: squeesed in Jackal into initial setup.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRl9px2

//youtu.be/sDgY-mgPaP0

Updated the Key explanations section.

• Alternative rings are Judicator Seals, more OA/DA but less lightning damage, they are nearly the same damage-wise.
  • Spear of the Heavens is taken instead of Dying God because it’s stylish. What is more important, constant 180% Lightning damage from Spear and 30% crit + 10% total speed from Dying God are somewhat balanced in case of damage output, but Spear proc deals great AoE damage and DG proc drains your HP.
  • Spear proc is really good: it deals 60% weapon damage per hit (85% WD per second with CDR), and if you extend the calculation to 5 seconds it deals 425% weapon damage in AoE during 5 seconds. It’s basically a free Blade Arc.

Have you tested the Judicator rings with both devotion setups? I am inclined to believe they should be even better with DG setup cos of the huge crit bonus + high OA synergy. If the clear time hasnt changed though, wouldnt the Judicator rings be better cos they also provide quite a lot of DA? Did you find the run with Judicator rings safer?
I think Spear vs. GD is pretty close in terms of performance, but I see the biggest advantage of the GD setup that we can squeeze Revenant into it as well, whereas with the Spear setup its not possible cos of the higher requirements (need to take Eel as well).