[1.0.7.1] Witching Hour Familiar Occultist/Warlock - 8:45 Gladiator

Warlock
Grim Tools
Gladiator - 8:45

Occultist Solo Class
Grim Tools
Gladiator - 9:25

Fairly standard Familiar build combined with Witching Hour and Primal Instinct for swarmlings. I did the Warlock at Nandi’s requst, and then realized that the Arcanist part was doing so little that it’d probably work fine with pure Occultist. The solo class version needs to jump through a few hoops to get enough attributes to equip the gear. Neither are particularly reliable, but they can work. And of course, anything in-between with partial investment in Arcanist (or any other class) works fine too.

The solo version can definitely do under 9 minutes but it’s so unreliable in general that it’s not worth the frustration.

So Warlocks are good for something! JK )

Good job. I don’t know shit about pet builds, but isn’t your total damage output gimped by Maiven? And aren’t pets buffed by Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange flat? So maybe just leave Maiven at 3/12 and siphon points to IEE and cap Star Pact? Probably noob questions tho.

At least you did it! Thx mate!

Good job, added to my thread. :wink:

Thankfully, pets are not affected by Maiven’s damage nerf, only the player is affected by it. Pets do get the damage buff from IEE, but since Elemental is broken into 1/3 Fire, 1/3 Cold, and 1/3 Lightning, you don’t see much of a tangible boost putting points into IEE unless you’re able to overcap the skill (IEE only gives 3 Elemental, or 1 flat damage in each of the elements, for every point invested until you get to 18/12, the real benefit comes if you’re able to get to 22/12).

I’m guessing Star Pact is mostly used for Mirror, BoD, making sure DEE’s debuff is properly applied, Hungering Void, and Time Dilation? Everything is built around getting the Witching Hour and Call of the Beast buffs as much as possible, and those are not affected by normal CDR. The build revolves around keeping yourself alive while the buffs are on cooldown until you position yourself to use them and lay a path of destruction.

The best ability Warlocks have to offer to the build are Mirror for 3 seconds of buffer in case anything goes wrong, Maiven’s damage absorption and Elemental Balance’s Crit damage for pets. I’m guessing sigatrev takes the Mastery points to get to Star Pact more because the Mastery gives you attribute points to be able to equip the necessary gear rather than how much Star Pact brings to the build. Too bad the equipment selection is so limited, Fateweaver’s Raiment is so perfect for pet builds, but everything is so optimized that there’s no place for it.

I can’t decide if it’s sad or not that the Warlock barely out-performs the Solo class Occultist. On the one hand, it’s solo class. On the other hand, Arcanist doesn’t add much to pet builds.

Maiven doesn’t apply to pets, Star Pact is just for the CDR which is the same at 11 and 12, and IEE bonuses pets but without skill bonuses it’s not all that much damage.

I don’t really think Elemental Balance is all that useful. Pet builds have access to so much Crit damage that an extra 25% isn’t really worth 12 points.