[1.009 - 1.1.9.8] Lightning God Rises - 4:20m Crucible, SR 75-76, Ravager, Lightning melee Druid [g3][c+][sr]

Obviously I was not the first to figure out the Ultos druid, I started playing this game in 2017 :). I meant similiar build.

That’s pretty cool, however, I still think it’s kinda exploitative build that abuses Time Dilation and Mirror, and ultos druid is probably not even top 3 build to do that (because you sacrifice half of it basically).

Did you think to swap Elemental Storm for Reckless Tempest given that Raging Tempest from Wind Devil does not stack with it? Can you record a little video? I want to add your Crucible variation to the guide (your credit ofc).

2h builds in particular need every “exploit” possible to survive crucible. And it’s not really an exploit. He can cast 2x mirror relatively back to back and then wait some more. In between these cooldowns you have to play at your best and be very precise about when you cast it.

Can I guess on what build is based? :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda knew you will make gladi druid :wink:

I hardly disagree, tho i wont go to deep in argumentation cos it would take to much time. :rolleyes:

I have considered RT instead of storm, but due to lack of interest into GD recently, i didnt tested it yet.

If i was motivated enough to record a video i would have post this build already. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I should have post that S&B elemental battlemage aswell but i barely play GD those days. :frowning:

Inspired by secret build from the Grand Guru itself. :wink:

Reckless Tempest/Spear of Heaven creates huge AoE damage that kills trash/heroes on its own (you can see it from my videos). Primal Strike is Nuke/AoE/crowd-control.

You have sacrificed half of Maiven as well as some physical resist and life steal, so your build relies solely on abusing time dilation/mirror. Which is fine ofcourse, since everybody knows that 2 handers can’t really compete in solo gladiator without using some kind of cheese mechanics.

Just wrote this and noticed that you said that you “hardly disagree”, god damn it :slight_smile:

Woops my bad, wrong english formula.

Correction: “I simply disagree” with you. :X

Added a new video (crucible Gladiator solo wave 120-130 no shrines) and made few minor updates. With new buffs from version 1.0.1.0 build is even stronger now, Primal Strike ftw!

Is Restless Remains really necessary? My main character is a PS Druid with the Ultos set, and I never found cast speed to be a big concern (plus the health reduction has such a low chance to activate).

It depends on your other gear choices, but with everything else maxed out I personally thing it’s the bis glove component for this build. ADCTH is really important and hard to get, casting speed is a huge performance boost since build involves a lot of Vines/Wind Devil spamming. Energy boost is less important but still nice.

Use Unholy Inscription if you need to patch up bleeding/vitality resists or use Spellwoven Threads for bit of a damage boost.

The build looks great, is it still up to date? And you may have a skilltree without gear? Would be nice :slight_smile:

Thx you

I think it is ALT in Grimtool to see the stat without gear (not 100% sure someone will confirm but there is a button for it)

It is up-to-date and it is still very powerful in Vanilla (and can clear up to wave 120 in Gladiator w/o much problem with few Tributes buffs). To see skills without gear bonuses press CTRL + SHIFT while viewing skills page in Grimtools.

Thx you very much :slight_smile:

Thx you, didn’t know that this command exist :slight_smile:

I think I will give this build a try, looks so nice to play. Do you think or guess that it will be still playble with the new addon?

Given how I destroy everything in Vanilla with this build I think it would steamroll expansion content. Can’t see anything giving it trouble, it only dies at high crucible waves in Gladiator (and not always), Vanilla content is very easy with it. With another offensive devotion that fits the build perfectly and some new lightning items (really hoping for nice rings and maybe some sick medal) it’s gonna be pretty strong.

Thank for your answer.

People are telling me making a fast farm build, but I don’t know, I wanna play what makes fun :slight_smile: . I will make this build as my second character, I really like the gameplay videos, looks badass :slight_smile: .
Sounds very promising what you told there, and if it doesn’t work I guess some changes can make it work.

I will probably come back here in this thread once I started this build, but first of all I will make my level 85 char to 100.

I’m really interested in comparing different Ultos combos. My Warder is probably around the same level as OP’s Druid in terms of effectiveness, but I reckon Elementalists may be slightly ahead.
Will also be interesting how those combos scale with the expansion. Spear devo will become obsolete, that’s for sure.

I think Ultos Warder is the tankiest (and easiest to play) and Ultos Elementalist does most damage (because of the added attack speed and additional RR from mines). Druid is somewhere in-between. But again, it depends a lot on what greens and rings you have.

Personally I like using Nullification a lot (speeds up kill times versus a lot of heroes/bosses) + all the added goods from Arcanist passives: damage absorbption, decent CC resists, very solid OA and crit damage bonuses plus a lot of Spirit support.

I have a sorcerer and while I enjoy the huge damage that comes from demolitionist tree I dislike using mines (annoying to place against some bosses plus hard to see if you placed them correctly when all the procs start raining down) and still not sure how I feel about “Flashbang” being a thing in a fantasy/medieval world of Grim Dawn (I have spent a lot of hours in both Diablo games and Counter-Strike games, seeing Flashbangs in Grim Dawn gave me a confusing boner of sorts).

Your grimtools link has an extra 21 points in the build; what do I do with those?

Hi mad_lee,

I saw you post in the Hand of Ultos thread this response:

“I took it with my Ultos druid, dropped Spear of Heavens and few other devotions. It’s a good devotions, nodes’ bonuses are quite useful, it’s easy to use (bind it to Upheaval) it synergizes well with other RR sources (like Raging Tempest and Elemental Storm).”

And I was wondering if you meant that you did that in this build? If so, by any chance do you have a Grim Tools link to show the changes you made to the devotions?

Either way, I’m going to try out this build and will see how to get to the Hand of Ultos; looks very intriguing. :slight_smile:

Extra points are generally saved for gear fitting, like if you need just a little more spirit to be able to equip a new hat, or a bit more cunning to wield a new weapon.