[1.009 - 1.1.9.8] Lightning God Rises - 4:20m Crucible, SR 75-76, Ravager, Lightning melee Druid [g3][c+][sr]

As requested

//youtu.be/fFjdZlgaFxk

That is some sick piloting, man. Thank you very much, you really showed what this build is capable of. Will be adding it to the guide.

EDIT: You made build look better than it really is, lol

No problem! Itā€™s a solid build especially considering itā€™s green free :slight_smile:

Recorded a test run in 1.0.7. Died first time on 169 to Anasteria because of bad positioning. On the next run, killed her first and everything went pretty smoothly. Build is as strong as ever, but itā€™s a melee build so itā€™s important to play smart and time your circuit breakers. On wave 169 gotta burst Anasteria first. Overall, 8:34 run with 3 blessings and 1 banner, meaning it well be well bellow 8 minutes on a good computer. Happy my oldest build didnā€™t take a hit.

Hey mad_lee

First of all, thank you for your excellent guide !
I really love the chaman archetype and I used your build to gear and level up mine, very powerful and fun to play

Butā€¦I would like to transition to a full lightning primal strike setup (I love being able to spam this skill) and I started to theorycraft / test some things on grimcalc, but I always have OA / DA problems or resists not caped

Iā€™m not an expert in this game (this is my 1st character) so I look forward to your advices !

What would you recommend in terms of stuff / devotion / skills ?

Iā€™m not playing crucible btw but I want to be able to farm rifts or end game content in FG

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hey, man, thanks for all the kind words!

If you want to spam Primal Strike you still have to use Savagery for Tenacity of the Boar buff I am afraid, because Druid is very vulnerable as a melee character, so we absolutely need that DA and Slow Resist. So I would recommend siphoning points from Savagery into Primal Strike nodes but leaving Tenacity of the Boar and Storm Touched as it is. Gameplay wise itā€™s going to be a bit awkward (thatā€™s why I donā€™t use Thunderous Strike spam setup), but you are going to win on damage tho.

As far as devotions go I recommend using this setup. The reason I didnā€™t go for Ultos + Spear of Heavens is because again, itā€™s a Druid, so it lacks DA/Attack Speed/even movement speed (as well as resists), and Dying God + Ultos compensates for all the weakness this class combo has. Like had I been playing an Ultos Warder I wouldā€™ve went for Spear + Ultos for sure.

Another thing, after a lot of feedback on Thunderous Strike versus Primal Strike I am 90% sure itā€™s getting balanced in the next patch/FG in a way that Primal Strike is going to be roughly the same as Thunderous Strike so maybe sticking to classic setup with Savagery spam + Primal as a nuke is going to be optimal.

Wow, wasnā€™t expecting an answer from you that soon ! thank you

This is indeed difficult to get rid of tenacity of the boarā€¦so much OA/DA :frowning:

The fact is that I really donā€™t want to use savagery at all (as you say the gameplay is a bitā€¦awkward) without sacrificing too much OA/DA and I was originally planning to do something like this :

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2Mzkl0V

What do you think ?
I still have less OA/DA than yours but maybe with the badge proc (+5 primal strike) & arcane will proc it could be ok ?

I also have 100% armor absorbtion + maiven max with this setup (9% more reduction than yours)

Btw, is it possible to replace haunted steel or is it mandatoy ?
I was thinking of replacing sailor by eel and dying god + solemn watcher by tempest + 5 points in revenant but Iā€™ll loose more DA & pierce resists, dunno if itā€™s a good choiceā€¦

Well, my spec is tweaked in a way that you can comfortably farm Crucible Gladiator 150-170 with high success rate.

If you are not intending on playing Crucible, then yes, your spec is more than enough for Main Campaign, although you might experience dificulties with foes like Gargabol or Mad Queen or Gravaā€™Thul.

Dying God performs better than Reckless Tempest, I tested it many times. But again, if you donā€™t care about Crucible, you can just choose devotions that you like.

Hello!

any tips for a newbie following this guide? devotion route, fractions to side with and skills priority?

Thank you for your insight :slight_smile:

Fractions donā€™t really matter for this one. Although I regret a bit not siding with Barrowholm.

Devotion route is straight forward. Just remember that you can remove devotion points at certain npcs (one in DC, one in Coven, one in Steelcap District).

If you want a leveling guide there is one in original post. Leveling with transmuted Primal Strike should be fairly easy.

No problem!

EDIT: Also did a small update to grimtools link.

well, Iā€™ll try it.
ty sir!

With dying god, the OA addition is huge but what matters to a Druid for the Proc? The +Crit damage and +total speed? Is the retaliation or terrify chance important at all?

Dying God allows us to take Solemn Watcher and Ghoul together with Ultos devotion. Spear of Heavens makes you sacrifice either Solemn Watcher or Ghoul.

Stat wise Dying God is great and we take full advantage of itā€™s proc with our massive cooldown reduction: itā€™s up 24/7 practically. Total Speed is absolutely vital for Ultos Druid since it lacks both Attack Speed and Running Speed. 40% Crit Damage is just a pure dps boost, and a hefty one. Retaliation of terrify is irrelevant.

Great, thank you.

Just saying but, you can have Solemn Watcher / Ghoul / Ultos and be able to pick Reckless Tempest, but you have to pick Eel instead of Sailorā€™s Guide

Bonuses with Reclkess Tempest and Eel :
58 OA
47 DA
10% pierce resistance
9% movement speed
2% avoid melee / projectiles
30% chance +200% lightning
90% lightning damage
100% electrocute damage
30% increased duration for electrocute damage
20 physique
1-24 lightning damage

• reckless tempest proc (bonus 20% stun chance for 1 sec)

Bonuses with Dying God and Sailorā€™s Guide :
51 DA
85 OA
3% OA
35 spirit
15% chaos resistance
3% physical resistance
18% reduced freeze duration
18% slow resistance
30 physique
8% movement speed
40% crit damage
10% total speed

I am currently lvl 85 and really like this build, great job.
Do you think it can benefit from Forgotten Gods new devotions ?

No. But two new items (Storm Shepherd belt and Korvaakā€™s Brand medal) will boost this build greatly.

Did u run SR with that build?

Not yet. And I donā€™t think it will be good there.