[1.1.1.1] Bleeding Trickster/Archon...everything bleeds [Part II] (Updated to 1.1.5.2, SR 89, Crucible 170 6:11)

Rhylthar…have you ever considered these gloves?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDeaMwN

Yeah, my Archon uses them.

Do you think they are better because of procc?

I don’t know enough about bleed-based builds.

But I have a feeling it might be better. I also think grasp of unchained might are very competitive because it saves you 6 devotion points from manticore.

I don’t know devotions well enough for bleed builds, but a question I ask myself sometimes if I’m considering oleron for the flat RR vs. another pair of gloves is this:

‘Where would I spend my devo points if I didn’t need manticore?’

I then compare the benefits that has to offer me vs. the benefits of using the other pair gloves (i.e. the gloves which aren’t grasp of unchained might).

All in all, can only be confirmed with testing.

Have to try them and see if the procc equals the loss of +3 to Whirling Death. They have the highest flat bleeding of any gloves for bleeding.

Graps of Unchained Might are good because they are only possibility to give Nightblade Bleeding RR. When losing Manticore the difference would be 10 RR and it would be beyond 100. Mad_Lee and Shoot2033 took the route to Unkown Soldier with Living Shadows and other goodies. But then, no Chariot anymore. They might be even good with Manticore even if RR doesn´t stack becaue of Entrapment Duration Reduction ( Benn´Jahr annoys me…).

Bloodrite Gauntlets give +3 Whirling Death and the procc is good because it affects even heroes. “When hit” is the disadvantage of this procc.

And there are always “The Crimson Claws”: Health, DA, Elemental Resistance and +2 Savagery (which frees up 2 points because Savagery will always be capped).

I think ‘when hit’ is actually the best proc trigger in the game, because mobs count. Which means it’s always proccing, even when kiting. :eek:

Do you mean “on hit” or “when hit”? :confused:

I thought “on hit” is way better because it could procc from everything that hurts enemies…

Now that you mention it, ‘on attack’ is probably a better proc on items.

But as far as devotions go, ‘on being hit’/‘when hit’ is better because you can bind it to a passive like seal of blades.

Ah, okay. Yes, or you bind the “on hit” Devotions to something you can use while kiting and has a duration (like Devouring Swarm or Grasping Vines).

Sure, but typically I would like to have as few ‘on attack’ devotion procs just so I can save my best devotion proccing abilities for them.

If I have 3 excellent devotion-proccers, but 6 ‘on-attack’ procs, I cannot be expected to reliably proc all of them. I’d sooner have: 2 ‘on attack’ + 2 ‘on being hit’

Good ol´times when you could bind them to Seal of Blades. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bleeding is the damage type that really caught my eye in this game.
I got few pieces of bleed gear on my character.
Can I ask, how to level this char? I guess start with bleeding is bad idea before you hit at least level 50.
Can you give few pointers?

I was working thinking about a bleed build and found this. Was wondering which of the trickster or archon is best for a new player. I only just started getting mythical items tho on my main. Trying to farm abit but wanted to try something else. Got 1 of those axes mythical and 1 normal. Or is this not recommended for new players cause of the resist struggle?

Trickster or Archon are both okay for new players because of Shaman.

In my leveling guide (Posting #3) I said something about it. Sure, leveling with Bleeding can be a PITA if you don´t have really much RR, but Devouring Swarm and later Rend helps a lot till Manticore (or differently: Grasps of Unchained Might for Trickster) is available.

Which is better, Archon or Trickster? Can´t say, I mainly play the Trickster and completed Main Campaign and SR easily to 50 (more difficult to 65).

Just realised I have a 50 Archon, gonna test Archon first then and see if I like it. Im worried that Archon isnt gonna be as tanky cause my 2 latest characters have had nightblade and Im addicted to the heal from Pneumic Burst.

Tested Archon a little bit. First, it is a little bit strange without Pneumatic Burst but with Wendigo Totem and ADctH it is okay.

Also just wondering, I got 1 Mythical Scion and 1 normal. Do I use the normal one untill I get 2 mythical or do I replace the normal one if I find another good bleed weapon? Does the weapon damage matter?

Yes, it sure matters.

If you should change depends what you have as an alternative. Mythical Gorefeast? Change. Mythical Butcher? Perhaps change. Mythical Brutallax? Nope.

Hey Rylthar! Mad props for your post/guide and trying to represent an “off-meta” aspect of the game. Really cool read. It’s motivating me to put in the effort to actually post about my “off-meta” obsessions =P

I am eager to read them.

Well, tried something “new” a few days ago. Fire build. Not my cup of tea, deleted it. :stuck_out_tongue:

There fore some more insight on Archon. Edited entry. :wink:

Do you think a bleeding warlord with AoM would work? Basically, attack with cadence and use blade arc and AoM with all those bleed sources for huge bleed ticks with that crit damage. Or is witchblade just better for this kind of thing?

Sth like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPaRnXN