[1.1.6.2] Wind Izel - 6:00 Cruc. 150-170, Shard 75 in SR, no greens caster Vindicator [vid][c+][g3]

Just as a related qustion. Allagast magehunter convert all to aether or aether to elemental? Maybe i will try my first theory build myself :slight_smile:

I think I like allagast more as lightning set. I dunno, I never really like aether Inquisitor because of low QoL and how pricy word of pain will be as an RR skill.

Aether on Allagast is kinda discriminated. The mod to Deadly Aim does not support aether, only lightning (why?). Besides +10% total dmg on the Box modifier does not in way make up for the fact that aether has no DoTs (and aether Allagast will struggle with ranks).

…is not so great. Nothing ever gives bonuses to Word of Agony. 0.3m radius per point is extremely pricey (in comparison CoF gives 0.8-0.9m), and playing with 4m radius is a pain and agony (pun intended).

I never understood why Word of Agony has the radius bonus instead of pain. Is it related to hos CoF is such a good RR skill that they intentionally made word of pain pale in comparison?

I think it’s because WoR damage is quite good. However the plus skills are really rare.
It’s decent for AoE in elemental build, but very bad as debuff.

For what it’s worth, going full-on lightning on my (numerous) Allagast mage hunter tests produced only unremarkable improvements, somewhat to my surprise.

Ultimately I feel that the Arcanist modifiers need some work to be competitive with Vindicator/Apostate/Purifier, and I don’t have much hope that general buffs to the mastery will change that. This is an example of something that would work, but skipping lightning DoTs for e.g. a further additional shard would also be feasible. I’m waiting to see 1.1.4.0 before bringing up the subject again.

I go “why” at the Deadly Aim support in the first place, to be honest. CDR with partial uptime? More global buffs to the Inquisitor side of the set, which already plays so well with other masteries?

Yes, it’s especially an issue on point-starved Allagast. Personally I’d consider moving the radius modifier to Death Sentence for those who use WoP as a debuff and concentrating damage on the first two nodes.

1.1.4.0 Update

Reworked this spec a little bit. Thanks to @ya1 suggestion, started using Glyph of the Storm Witch - much better ring than Coven’s one overall. And thanks to @thejabrixone who seemed to be the first one on this forum to figure it out - I am now using Bane relic since Ignaffar was nerfed and Bane provides us with much safer gameplay with similiar damage output. Here is the current spec. Added a video of 5:49 Crucible run.

1 Like

Bane, huh? Very good caster relic. I even felt like using it on the elementalist.

That’s should be almost similar with my build if run with banner.
Sigh, with box nerfed, it seems not favorable to do allagast setup compare to this.

Need to test some more variation to see if box setup can increase his damage more.

Over Eye of storm? No need for that. But I use Bane for FW Commando for some reason.

No, I know. But elementalists could seriously use such a relic, too. Inquisitor got the Seal, Censure and WoR. Is generally better defensively. Elementalists got that Wendigo Totem but you can’t really kite much with it.

I literally suggested bane in my GT linked to you, ya1… :expressionless:

Adding two videos of Shards 75-76:

One when I rage quitted at boss chunk 76 with horrible mutators (but actually killed Alkamos and Ben’Jahr after the video) and one when Ididn’t rage quit but still died couple of times to Grava. Overall, with some skill this char is still good for farming 75-76 but do expect to die sometimes. Shattered Realm is more random and cruel than it ever was.

I recommend fishing for favourable mutators if you want to farm SR. Cost is negligible - 1 Waystone.

Hi, is there any chance of getting a picture or list of devotions and also the skill points? Grim tools is down for a week from what I heard and the links don’t work. Many thanks <3

Relic is Bane. Weapon/off-hand augments are Ravager’s Eyes. Jewellery augments: 2x Typhoon Powder + 1 Arcanum Dust. Craft 2 items for Stun res and one for Slow res or craft three for Stun Res.

3 Likes

I love you.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the Screenshots etc. Is it possible that you upload your player.gdc? Got offline Grim Tools , and i wanna know exactly how much Skill points etc. are invested & the Stats for the Gear. Would be very awesome . Thanks !

It’s pretty simple, build on the screenshots uses all legit skill points you can get in the game. Relic’s bonus is +1 to Word of Renewal/+1 to Inquisitor Seal (not mandatory, just the best one). Stat distribution is also simple - enough into Spirit to equip an off-hand (depends on your Spirit/%Spirit rolls) and everything else into %Physique.

Hello @mad_lee, how does the build perform after the slew of nerfs in 1.4.1.1 ?

I wanted to play it, but I’d like to know if it can still clear gladiator Crucible / SR 65 semi-reliably (even if a little slower) or if it’s been pummeled into the ground by the big Z

It has lost quite a bit of its offensive power, but still clears consistently in the vicinity of 6:30 timer. I will update it later with a Crucible setup that allows you to go below 6 minutes like in the old times (hint: change seal of resonance to seal that gives you Stormfire skill). SR 75-76 farm is still possible, although expect to die some % of the time. SR 65-66 is easy with this build.