[1.1.1.2-1.2.0.2] Beronath's Death Herald: 4:30m Crucible 150-170, SR 90, Celestials Melee Death Knight (+bonus Warlord build) [c+][sr+]

devotion points?

Pretty straight-forward except to get crab and scepter you would probably need to invest into some kind of purple devotion like wolverine for example, get scepter and crab and then remove points from wolverine.

Just remember that you can remove devotion points with help of NPC (there is one in DC, Coven and Steelcap).

wondering is there any progression to devotion or leveling guide for this build

i can use the beginner guide by stupid_dragon and transition into this build right?

Yes you can. When you wanna play dual wield is up to you, but you need to have either the direwolf crest or one of the relics that grants dual wielding.

Iā€™m new to the game, can someone tell me which skills to level first and devotions to get? Thanks.

i played similar build before and revisited today againā€¦ new osyr augment is straight broken for beronath buildsā€¦ you might check it

Updated this build again after forums rollback. Grimtools and videos and Warlord spec and everything.

Thanks for this. I went with your warlord spec and loving it. Changed devotions somewhat to include azrakaa, as I hate going ghoul (donā€™t know why, I just hate using it), and had the points to do so. Been testing swapping azrakaa and vire to see which I like best, so far leaning towards azrakaa. Once I start pushing higher sr maybe iā€™ll need ghoul but for now not missing it. Otherwise, one of my favorite builds.

Without Ghoul life steal is not that good. And I am not sure this build can proc Azraaka effeciently. If you think Azraaka spec is doing more damage, try my spec and compare them. Like kill mad queen or gargabol with both and time it. I think both would be similiar, Empyrion one is safer and more QoL.

Oh I still use Empyrion, Iā€™ll post what I been running.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV14Wd72

With that set up I can switch out azrakaa for vire just for fun depending on mood. Yes I lose ghoul, I just hate that devotion. Probably not optimal, just my playstyle. And honestly, I havenā€™t really noticed any issues. Granted so far Iā€™ve only done sr up to 25 so far as I just finished leveling build other day and still finishing MC. Sands is bound to Guardians and they proc it like crazy.

Not saying its a better way to go, just the way I like it. Still my favorite build so far and only one Iā€™ve never died with :slight_smile:

I am glad you are enjoying it. For Main Campaign or very low shards you can play without Ghoul quite comfortably. I would say for SR 50+ and for Crucible 150-170 Ghoul is needed. In this build it doesnā€™t proc often, more for 4% life steal roll.

Whats your view on swapping a seal of might for a seal of blades? The dps loss would be noticeable but the 5% life steal would offset no ghoul. Plus armor bonus. Have been debating testing it, but havenā€™t gotten around to it yet as with the content iā€™m doing my 3% life steal has been enough, but as you mentioned might not be enough once I start pushing sr.

1 Like

I donā€™t like it. Reason is simple - it works on one weapon. And Seal of Might gives us too much flat and physical resist.

Yeah, I kinda figured as much. Well, once I start failing in sr, I know which devotion to pick up :). Again, thanks for the well done build

You are welcome! And by the way, if you hate Ghould and love Azraaka, play the way you like as long as it gives you fun. Thatā€™s the most important thing: to have fun while playing this game :slight_smile:

For me
150-170 gladiator is too hard with this build (canā€™t)
SR 40+ too

Do you mean Death Knight or Warlord? Did you try it after 1.1.2.0 patch? Because after that patch you obviously need a different amulet. Did you have all the gear? Same devotions?

Itā€™s my GT

Yeah, im playing official steam version with last patch.

Well, reason is simple, amulet does not give +1 to all skills anymore. Itā€™s useless. I will update this today, already tested updated Warlord spec, gotta figure out which amulet is the best for DK now. Stay tuned.

Letā€™s get physical with the updated Death Knight and Warlord specs. Both are still extremely strong and resilient DW-builds with Death Knight now being an equal match to Warlord. Uploaded new grimtools, stat screenshots and videos, like this 6:35 Crucible Death Knightā€™s run.