[1.1.1.2] Physical Retal Stoneguard Warlord - SR 85++

Cool!

Has the build changed after this patch?

No. But there is a Special Callagadra GT and video, check them out. SR ill come too. I have lots of videos to upload sry :smiley:

Hey Superfluff, how much retaliation damage would the build lose after patch?
considering all buffs and procs. currently, its around 460K.
can you give a rough estimate in percentage? :smiley:

EDIT:
I did not realize the patch was already live @_@. but thanks for any reply :slight_smile:

I have no idea. Most gear was cut in half except shields. And thatā€™s nice cause shields maintain some consistency.

Messenger of war if fire retal. But they added some % retal and flat retal to Buulder to slightly offset that. RF retal mod was also nerfed.

Al in all the build just feels good now without being retarded.

Iā€™m more of a ā€œfeelsā€ type of player, I donā€™t do math a lot:p It does not matter how much it lost on paper but how it feels in game, and it feels good

Iā€™d say it lost around 30-40% of its damage, which is quite sad, as they also nerfed Ascension and Overguard. Imo, the nerfs to warlords were quite big, and could have been toned down a bit :frowning:

An yet it feels strong;)

The Overguard and ascension thing ye. It was something I disagreed with. This build can handle it.

If anyone can prove that these changes killed their build then they can post feedback. Otherwise devs are decided on this. Believe me, I whined about it a lot

The only question I have after the patch - is Messenger of War still used, after its change to fire? I really liked the paladin-ish aesthetics of my warlord, and that thing made her turn into a literal walking sun.

Yes. I use it. I use almost the exat same setup. I just pumped more cunning really.

You at least still have celestial presence debuffing fire. There is no real gain from dropping it for something else. You loose good retal packed with OA, resists, armor, slow res.

It simply does not make phys retal too privileged now and also enagles others like fire or acid via conversion

In short you dont recommend any changes post patch?

Some feedback: I did a dozen or so SR75-76 runs - Before patch - and i would say the build is really fucked if you get slowed by several sources and Messenger doesnt proc/is on CD - you just die as you cant swing to hit/heal.
Maybe i got unlucky with horrible mob packs but the build was immortal in no means. In boss chunks i have died to Kymon + Steward combo - just insta dead that is with everything up. Happened few timesā€¦

How i see it the build was tanky vs Phy dmg but compensates with ultra slow move speed, very dependent on mana potions, and very susceptible vs Slow (as messenger is max up 50% of the time).

Or i have been too unlucky many times over :slight_smile:

Mate iā€™m going SR 80+ with easy I donā€™t know what happens when you play. Maybe you need a bit more elemental and acid overcap.

Hello Superfluff I followed this build to create a new character two weeks ago, I have not play this game for 3 years. I saw ret warlord nerf in the new patch 1.1.2.3. Does this build need and update and will you provide one ? How strong is this build now ?

Iā€™m currently level 52 and I wanted to play a shield+sword character, thatā€™s why I chose it.

Thank you for the build.

Itā€™s very strong :slight_smile:

Especially if you have the items. The nerfs were common sense. It hasnā€™t beaten this build to the ground

I tried put the same points (14) in spirit as you did, but couldnt use the amulet (with seal), is it a bug in game or I really have to pump more points in spirit?:eek:

Use another spirit item, like a medal, put on amulet with seal, put back your markovian medal

I agree you can do up to SR 80+ with ease only and only if you get a decent boss room and boss combinations (I hate the room with lava patches lol).

While the build is very strong and very tanky and able to tank almost everything in SR 75+ with resist overcap of course (after the recent patch). You definitely canā€™t tank Alek/Anas Meteor. Those are just brutal. You can tank one but then it freezes you and you canā€™t react to it and thatā€™s the worse.

If you get the lava boss room with Alek/Anas and canā€™t isolate them out early then goodluck and GG lol.

But all in all great strong tanky build. Worthy for SR 75++

Aleks/Ana is troublesome for lots of builds, but you can tweak it better for Aleks if you want, at the exoense f dmg. Like Aether souls. using Warcry instead of Dawnshard shoulders.

My GT tries to keep it fun for SR 76 even 80 so you keep it moving, but make the changes if you want to feel even safer. There is no boss combo outside of Aleks that has given me any sort of trouble

Actually I went for Dyrads and tree of life devotion and dropped ulzaad, boar, and assassin mark (lossing lots of damage potential lol) for some more tankiness and regen. This helps quite a bit but still troublesome haha.

And btw does attack damage convert to health (lifesteal) benefits from retaliation damage added to attack? e.g. to RF skill?

Thanks

Oh man do not drop Assassin mark

Because yes you get lifesteal for retal to attack is the skill has WD% component like RF. Basically youā€™ve lost survivability not just dmg by dropping assassin.

Boar has A proc with %DMg and retal to atack and 4% phys res. I personally like it

Ulzaad is fine do drop for other routes

Hello there,

Iā€™m a big noobie and iā€™m really interested in this build, i love being a dude in heavy armor with a shield, crushing everything within his grasp.
This seems viable for all type of contents, notably the ones iā€™ve never touched before.

But i have a bit of a problem here, is there a way to level up this big boy ?
I donā€™t know much about this game, should i start as an oathkeeper or maybe as a soldier ? Do you have any advices ?

Many thanks.