[1.1.6.2] Korvan Reaver - Pierce Cadence/RoS Shattered Blademaster

Oh. Dunno about now but last patch Belgo was better in damage but this wasn’t too far behind.

Belgo is almost a good minute faster. That is if you don’t die.

Good job. But this really puts a big question mark over Crate’s balancing efforts as of late. 4k health, 1.5k armor and 15% phys res more than of everyone else (and all the cc res you ever dreamt of) is getting better results than some of the best dedicated dw builds in the game. Which are getting gutted left and right.

Thejabrixone’s Misery/SR dervish is probably better than Venomblade, now, in a similar fashion.

Nah. It’s more like everyone’s been begging for nerfs on the top builds and everyone in tbe fastest cleaner thread except stormreaver got hit. Meanwhile many of us, including me were also begging for realm set not to be touched. Crate just listened to us.

It’s still too early to call all those builds dead tho, especially deathmarked where the set givesgave all the defense you need so you build all damage.

I don’t want SR set to be touched. It’s a great set, perfect as your first endgame build in a legit game so that you can reliably farm gear for your consecutive chars.

What I’m really and truly opposed to is persistent gutting the game’s archetype, iconic builds and making all things mediocre. Seriously, the community got so used to this that no-one is even saying a thing. Remember the (failed) rebellion against the first Dying God nerfs? People were like “DG always had 40% crit and that’s that! Not 35% not 39% but 40% or riot!” And now most people are like “if Zantai thinks that Allagast should have its Box mods halved then he must be right!” or “yes, indeed! Octavius was still too strong with that phys res on the helmet! great job!” or “there must be a reason why Cyclone and Warborn were untouched but EoR was nerfed for everyone! we believe!”

Who exactly was begging for all those nerfs to Venomblade that on top of nerfs to nightblade and oathkeeper made it real mediocre? I guess there were a few guys who saw 4:50 on the Fastest Cleaners (JS did 4:44 later on the same build) and got all so righteous. What they did not know is that this time was achieved after maybe 30-50 tries on a build with handpicked 10 rare affixes with every last piece of gear painfully GDS-farmed for max rolls and then with some real serious offensive overtuning. Your average joe on a regular legit VB that doesn’t die after one misclick wouldn’t do better than 6:30 at that time. Not mentioning that making a legit VB for max dmg (maxed ABB) was very hard, and acid itemization outside VB set itself (and Pestilence ammy) is very poor for nightblade. It a real pity that Zantai only listens to the people who only look at the Fastest Cleaners and jump to conclusions, and people who actually are there he calls nonsense.

Oh, and sorry to hijack your thread for my anti-nerf rant campaign. :wink:

1 Like

19 posts were split to a new topic: Pierce Blademaster Hardcore Build DIscussion

@Renan_Campos OK then. Achievement noted.

@x1x1x1x2, BTW you’re not using AQC just like Fluff’s Belgo. It’s still DPS loss on pierce (with 25% chance on Markovian Advantage) just like before even after the animation buff?

And about ABB, it actually maybe might be worth it on pierce with Spellbreaker belt and one Bladetwister…? Someone (Valinov?) used it quite successfully on the Blind Assassin but he had a free shoulder slot for extra ele to pierce. But iirc even he admitted in the end that Bladetwister is such a huge downgrade from Belgo Sigil that’s it’s not worth this conversion (he used double Bladetwisters at first). Anyway, what do you think about ABB on pierce with the new Spellbreaker belt?

It’s still dps loss cause I’m using direwolf which would make wps chances go above 100%, bad for execution unless we drop markovian.

I hate ABB stacking no matter if it’s good or not. Also you gain a lot less with ABB stacking if you’re not cold/acid cause %damage cannot be converted.

Fixed your thread for you…

Didn’t ask for it but thanks!

UPDATE 1.1.4.1

Build got a lot nerfed. Swords deal less damage on cadence, gloves give less damage to RoS but still we need no changes. I still run around the 6:30 mark, more or less 20 seconds longer than before (that 6:25 on title was a understatement of the previous performance). So yeah it’s still fine after nerfs

#stillbestpierce :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

UPDATE 1.1.4.2

Can’t update grimtools for now cause for some reason I can’t upload saves to grimtools but the build got shafted due to the recent changes. Oleron “buff” (it’s a real buff for phys builds) made that devotion map unplayable due to the fact that we don’t have full armor piercing, leading to dps loss. Also, with the anatomy nerf Assassin is now kinda mandatory, meaning we have to use the old school pierce setup with Azrakaa + soldier + Blades of Wrath. No choice around it for now.

@mad_lee you win… for this patch

I loved Blades of Wrath before it was cool!

Also, I have tested my variation of this build and it’s still stupendously strong and unkillable. It’s almost as strong as Belgo but 10 times tougher. Stupid Cadence is with double Reaver Claw is just too strong.

If you were still using the originalnsetup you gave me, then you should really max out RoS. 15-20s faster based in my tests even without belgo relic.

Anyway double reaver is basically a 2 pc set in this build :stuck_out_tongue:

I was lazy and forgot to update even the grimtools link, but it’s up now!

1 Like

SMALL UPDATE

Added a more offensive grimtools for people who like playing with the thrill, damage is mofe noticeable but you have a slight chance to die if you make some mistakes. Also added a vid for 5:53 run using the offensive spec.

UPDATE 1.1.6.2

Improved the build by removing Ghoul and relying on Scales for sustain, both in health and energy. The previous version from 1.1.4.2 felt the nerfs a lot and is now an inconsistent 6:30 build. This current version facetanks everything (well, almost. I never full facetank MQ on any melee build) and still clears in 6 mins average.

6:00 clear, which is a bit above average. I did some sub 6 (5:50ish) runs but I won’t upload any more of them cause my internet is shit. Notice that I never had any trouble tanking everything. I always dodge Dravis RE tho, but I do that no matter what play.

credits to @mad_lee and @banana_peel for some of the polish.

2 Likes

Hi, are the pants replaceable with well rolled Kuba chausses or losing the phys res is non-negotiable?

It’s not really the phys res, but the damage. The proc and the skill points that barbaros gives is just better than 3 deadly momentum points, unless that Kuba pants is something like pierce prefix + amarasta flurry. If the pants get replaced then it should be with reaper pants, then find a slot for +2 blade spirit like the ring to replace belgo then max out spirits so you can get 3 of them. But that’s not tested and stats will probably look worse.

1 Like

It’s funny cause real life responsibilities isn’t the reason why I can’t update the build. I literally fucked my GD steam folder so I have to redownload the entire game and I currently live in a place where I can’t afford downloading it.

Don’t think it needs to be updated that much tho. Almost every item in there are either the usual pierce BiS or just core items that can’t be removed cause we literally build around it. Devotions, you can probably go back to classic ghoul variant but it’s all preference.