[1.1.4.0] Amarasta's Meme Burst - How my dreams were crushed by Amarastan Crusher

I agree with all of this then. I don’t think it needs a big boost. The 7-8 minute range is fine by me even for squishy things. Though some people want to push 6:00. But considering it’s squishy and 8-8:30 if lucky it seems that a moderate buff to it would be fine.

I care more about fun than clear times and I find spam ABB very fun. I had tried it out in playtesting and 8-8:30 is about as good as I could get too. I had just hoped the community would be able to push it further without many greens. Thanks for the testing ya.

Playstyle is pretty much like a regular aa. A bit more leveled AoE with tragic single target.

Another idea is to - no joke - really make a dedicated set. Or remodel Dunefiend so that it can support ABB spam with good single target SS. But I guess this concept was never meant to produce any serious results.

Also, Crusher could get a good RR mod. Acid is a little like bleed with Bloodrager. There is full Venomblade and then for a long time there’s nothing. It would be nice if there was something.

I don’t fully agree. Just taking an old venomblade build and popping ABB on it I felt I was doing crazy area of effect damage for a spam auto attacker. Normally AA’s get AoE from the procs and other stuff.

Also unlike callidors tempest I think the AoE was bigger and instead of being centered on me it was centered on the enemy I attack. Further more using callidors tempest you cast it at enemies from a range where having left click spam ABB you have to run up to them to use it.

It felt distinct enough to me that at least I really enjoyed it’s nuances as refreshing enough that I don’t feel like it needs to be so competitive. That being said it could be moderately more powerful, especially if it loses some freeze chance.

I agree. ABB wasn’t meant to be a spam. I’m just one player who wants it op. It was bound to turn out kinda trashy.

I don’t agree. With the mods from the conduit and Venomblade weapons the radius is bigger than CT but ABB does not affect everyone in the radius. Enemies need to be clustered together. It still works between the dummies but I guess that any more than that distance and ABB doesn’t hit.

This is what makes it different from Primal Strike or CT. Therefore it should be stronger.

It’s literally a radius like CT, just centered around the target. In fact, in terms of tech it’s the same as Primal Strike (same exact template).

Oh… But the description reads, “phantasmal blades which spread out from the point of attack to impale all ADJACENT foes.” And I’ve seen many times enemies who are separated not taking a hit. I guess it because of dodge or something. Sorry to spread misinformation and thanks for correcting me.

But double crushers made 25% abb dmg, because all that dmg modifiers multiplies.
I dont now why dps shows 0, its a mistake

It reads “damage modified by -50%” not “damage reduced by 50%” so it should be additive.

yup, and with Prismatic rage active you will deal 10% damage since -50 - 50 + 10 = -90

Sounds viable, deal damage only during Prismatic rage!

What John meant is that game calculates ABB damage after one Crusher then after another, so it ends up being 25% of original damage. You can check it.

Anybody actually checked it? Does it really deal 0 damage?

damn, if only you could gd stash another weapon to your build and check for yourself!!1

but iirc John checked it and it has damage

That goes against what I have been taught by ceno, that “total damage modified by +/-” is additive

well 100% -50% -50% is 25%

no

100% = 100/100
50% = 50/100

100% - 50% - 50% is 0% = 0/100

That is what additive means.

This is multiplicative: 1 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 = 25%

So, total damage modified on crusher is multiplicative, not additive - which I was told that ALL “total damage modified by” are supposed to work as

if you literally put 100% -50% -50% into calculator you will get 25% (0,25). I know what you mean by addidtive and multiplicative, but I have just checked how calculator sees it and I guess game sees it in the same way.

what calculator? My calculator returns 0 since it interprets x% as “x part of one hundred”

just a regular one on my iPhone.

You could also check in-game, maybe it would be more useful )

If I were to teach my students that 100% - 50% - 50% = 25%, I would get fired since that calculation is wrong mathematically speaking :slight_smile:

Percentage increase/decrease are multiplicative.

I know that I can check in game, its not that I do not trust that it will deal 25% damage, it is just that this then might open for our regular understanding of “total damage modified by” is not additive but rather multiplicative.

Or perhaps this dual crusher is the only “exception” to the rule? Then the question is, it is by intention or is it a bug?

how is that mathematically wrong? And why does calculator shows 0,25 as a result? I mean, to me it kind of make sense.