[1.1.4.1-1.1.9.3] Physical Spin2win EoR Warlord. 150-170, SR 75 viable, no greens

Hello, I apologize if this has been asked N answered already, but I’m hoping you can tell me how you would level this build? This would be my first character, so no twink items and such, fresh account :slight_smile:

I know that’s asking a lot lol, but I don’t need a level by level breakdown, as I’m not new to arpgs, but a simple/condensed version to point me in the right direction would be super appreciated!

Also would you consider using this build as a starter? Like could i use this build to farm up for the next and so on? Or would you recommend another build? I do want to keep it simple for my first character and such, and Spin2Win in any arpg is typically simple lol

I do notice right away that i won’t be able to dw as it seems that’s acquired thru the medal? So I would need to use 2hander until then. And it looks like I’m stacking % Physical damage primarily? Maybe fire secondary? I see Trauma in your character sheet as 2nd highest, but I’m assuming that’s due to the end game gear setup?

1 Like

You start as Soldier, 2handed spammable Forcewave is recommended, I dont suggest you use an auto attack, especially dualwielded because its weak without deeply points invest/strong gears (Cadence/RF). Alternative wave is Oath with Aegis of Menhir. Same devo but more physicque investment. Use it til you reach at least 50 (75 is recommended) as better items start dropping (empowered blue, green MI, legendaries). Remember priority - resistances capped first, damage second.

1 Like

Hi and welcome!

As mentioned by @holystar88 you can level with Soldier based skill like Forcewave or Blade Arc.

About spin to win, you can dual wield through low level relics as well. For instance this one: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/1493

Also possible is to use a shield or 2H weapon. Problem of early levels of EoR is that your strong damage type is physical and EoR works better if you convert other damage types (lightning&dire) to physical. But that’s pretty rare for leveling item, actually I can think of this one: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8839

So you can still level through with EoR, just not gonna be better than Forcewave but possible. Also I recommend if you do EoR leveling to max early on Virtue for energy regen, then Celestial Presence for RR and take Divine Mandate for exclusive skill. Devotion, start with Assasin’s mark.

Hey, Thanks for the response and the welcome :slight_smile:

I have started with EoR, did not notice the energy regen as part of Virtue, will look into that. Atm I found some augments I believe they are that gave me some nice energy regen to sustain EoR (don’t member what their called atm) that I applied to my rings. But I’m assuming those slots are probably better used for something else lol

Also as part of your recommendation, you say to max out Divine Mandate, I’m assuming then once i reach down the soldier tree and run up to it’s exclusive skill, I would then drop DM and pick that one up?

Also one question regarding the Devotion system. I did actually start with Assassin’s Mark, and just got enough points to max it out. As I noticed the scales devotion gives some hefty regen, that I should probably work towards that one first. However looking at your setup, I don’t really see how that’s possible. The only conclusion I can come up with, is I will be able to say max out a specific devotion, in order to acquire the base requirements to unlock Scales, then once I full max out scales and get its bonuses, I can then unspec the sorta useless devotion that I picked up and put those points elsewhere? If that makes sense? lol

Again, thanks for the help!

Divine Mandate is good exclusive skill for Warlord but only if you have abundance of OA, since Assassin’s Mark triggers on crit, so lot’s of OA needed.

In Grim Dawn you can buy back devotions via spirit guide. They can sustain themselves. So you can take Lion, then Scales and respec Lion. You’re correct here. And I think you’re fast learner :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Nery! Love your builds! Have you tried the new Maul (dire bear devotion) proc with this build? My understanding is it should be good for builds with smaller physical hits?

1 Like

I haven’t but @grey-maybe did. And Maul is still pretty bad. Also worth noting that lot’s of EoR damage is via conversion from lightning/fire and converted damage doesn’t have to go through armor.

1 Like

Just a quick update to say, “lovin the build” lol

A lot of fun, and the game itself is pretty amazing, has got to be the only arpg I’ve played that really makes you keep a balance of defenses rather then just stacking damage and more damage lol Starting in the first normal/veteran difficulty play thru.

Sure this makes the initial ride thru the campaign take longer, but so far (just entered Act 3) it’s good fun.
Leveling as EoR is legit, single target is a bit lacking, but id say that’s expected since its an AoE skill lol So you end up kiting some on big bosses and stuns are the worse lol

Anyway just here to thank the author for a nice fun build, and letting any other newcomers know that this can be used as a first time player with no real issues (thus far) lol

1 Like

@Nery I am currently doing 100 Kaisan runs to see 1. if I can get an upgrade. 2. How smooth this is.
And it’s a breeze. I did not die once, I could do the 100 runs without Ascension at all.
I didn’t fear Reflect, I didn’t fear 4 Rigg’s Associates + Kaisan or 4 Rigg’s Associates plus a Totem.
Hell I even took on a Totem, Duskreaper and Kaisan at the SAME TIME with little to no effort. Wonderful farming build! Congratulations once again! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your comment, appreciate it.

It’s interesting to see if you can find double rare amulet with chances were improved few patches ago.

About reflect, Oathkeeper have reduced reflect and also physical resistance is beneficial. That’s why new Obsidian gloves are nice fit.

Well…

Best I could do @Nery I will try again. I like the extra DA, the attack speed is most likely wasted since I get 200% with procs. But hey better than nothing. :frowning:
I made the post on Reddit with the runs. Please let me know if I could include you more, like your Reddit name. I also made some observations on MI generation and some potential issues. Let me know what you think!

1 Like

That’s good idea, it’s useful for people to see results from MI farming and form realistic expectations. I remember making tests about Stoneplate greaves.

I haven’t posted a comment on reddit recently but you can always quote me or link me a thread if you want some support or something else.

How does this build compare to retaliation warlord? Currently have a fully geared poison retal warlord (sentinel of the three set) but I haven’t played him in a long while due to the retaliation nerfs. Looking to possibly change if this build is stronger. Clearly it is stronger offensively, but how is survivability? Can it do well against the Celestials?

I haven’t tried it against celestials. But I would try increasing the life steal, maybe Ghoul or at least Seal of Blades. I am confident in that configuration and Ravager. For Mogdrogen you need solid % lightning resistance overcap, then should be possible. Also build is suitable for SR 75/76.

BUT if your main goal is to tackle superbosses retaliation builds have the advantage.

Very nice build, i tried some EoR Builds already, but this one is by far the best, well done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it!

I also like it cause it’s tough and not too many buttons to press, so you can spin with less interruptions.

Yea its very enjoyable, because there are not much buttons to press, im always looking for such builds.
Im using one seal of blades atm, and looks fine, as for super bosses: the first half of the ravager is quite easy, but i had to kite and take breaks when he gets his extra buffs…anyway i could kill it, lokarr i could facetank. Others i didnt try jet :wink:
Anyway the most important thing, it is great fun to play it!!

1 Like

did this build had any change with 1.1.9?

Only major change was the decrease of life steal to Scales Devotion. So build have just 6% life steal, which is too low. I suggest using either Toad devotion or Seal of Blades on main hand.

3 Likes

hey guys.

Anyone knows if the blueprint for Warborn Visor is random drop or if it is farmed in some boss or some location?

Thanks.