[1.1.4.1] The Holy Vulture - Bonemonger Based, Tri-Elemental Proc-Fiesta Purifier

Thanks for @adoomgod that remind me about the changes on Judgment of Empyrion offhand

The Build

Bonemonger%20Empyrion_PaneCrop
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zmeGRN
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Word of Renewal, Deadly Aim, and Sitting on Inquisitor Seal.
DPS shown is stormfire

Build Feature

Upside:

• Insane cruci clear speed
  • Colorful and unique gameplay
  • Super Massive AoE

Cons:Downside:

• Grand pianist style, hard to pilot
  • Energy issues in campaign, bonemonger need a frickin flat energy regen!
  • Not for the faint hearted
Build Overview

ENOUGH WITH POINTLESS BICKERING, TIME FOR A REAL BUILD!

This is a continuation of my previous elemental bonemonger thread. Tested a lot of devo setup, experimenting with new item options, and finally can make a worthy mage-style super proc bonemonger.

Item choice and logic is similar as before. Now use flame torrent bound to inquisitor seal! 5 spinning fire seal is always a spectacle to look at. A twist here is mythical judgment of empyrion. It is buffed in two patches, redesigned as elemental item, reduced CD on granted skill, and super good raw stats. Perfect for this build.

Purifier is chosen as thermite mine has finally become reliable. As demo give both stackable and flat elemental RR, devo setup can be as crazy as possible.

On defense properties: Good CC res, crazy lifesteal, 22/12 Inquisitor seal, 19/12 censure reduced damage, blast shield proc, prismatic rage proc, 3400 effective DA.

Equipment Choices

Craftable item is only helm, craft at whoever can give you +%physique, stun res, or slow res. Get as max Pierce>element conversion as possible, get as max chaos>lightning conversion as possible, get min 100% aether>elemental conversion.

Core Items:
Bonemonger Set.
Main Hand: Mythical Spelldrinker. [+400% Elemental Damage, solving energy issues, convert Aether > Elemental.]
Off Hand: Mythical Judgment of Empyrion. [Good raw stats, plus to demo, relevant damage type, nice chaos > lightning conversion, quite damaging granted skill.]
Gloves: Cindertouch. [Converting up to 30% Fire>Lightning, Damaging procs, good stats overall]
Rings: 2x Mythical Light’s Oath [Converting pierce > fire, high OA, +% healing, nice res, nice proc.]
Medal: Luminari Commendation. [Pierce>Elemental conversion and relevant skill bonus.]
Belt: Ugdenbog Waistguard. [Freshly buffed at 1.1.4.0 giving aether>elemental conversion and +inquisitor. Tempest prefix is BiS. Use whatever you like though.]

Supporting Items:
Pants: Mythical Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind. [+Spirit, slow res, really good stats and res]
Boots: Mythical Wyrmscale Footguards. [Freshly buff in 1.0.4.0 giving massive stun res. Relevant skill bonus and good stats overall]
Relic: Ignaffar’s Combustion. [Inquisitor RR relic. Get completion bonus for Aura of Censure]
Movement Rune: Use whatever you like. I use Rune of Astral Rifts currently.

Devotions

Weird Elemental Devo specially crafted for this build

Flame Torrent > to Inquisitor Seal
Aetherfire > to Storm Box of Elgoloth
Arcane Bomb > to Blackwater Cocktail
Hand of Ultos > to Thermite Mine
Elemental Seeker > to Stormfire
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff

Gameplay

Keybind:
LMB: Stormfire
RMB: Point to Move
Mouse scroll up: Thermite Mine
Mouse scroll down: Blackwater Cocktail
Middle mouse: Flashbang
Keyboard 1: Movement Rune
Keyboard 2: Storm Box of Elgoloth
Keyboard 3: Sunspot
Keyboard 4: Inquisitor Seal
Keyboard 5: Word of Renewal

Standard procedure:
Always have Word of renewal active
Summon inquisitor seal below you
Scroll up, to summon 3 thermite mine, scroll again for 6
Scroll down to throw BWC and activate continuous Arcane bomb
Cast stormbox to enemy horde, always cast it to different enemy when you have it ready.
Cast sunspot to enemy horde to purify them
Then hold your stormfire button while casting thermite mine+BWC every 4 sec while mashing your stormbox + sunspot button to different enemies.
Cast Flashbang only to hero or boss mobs to minimize button pressing

Due to the nature of wake of bones’ proc, you always want the enemy to be in front of you.
Keep an eye to your energy. In some cases, you want to drink energy potion.

Build Performance Crucible: Video with 4 buff without banner:

6:35 clear time. Again, this is a NO BANNER run.

In 160, 169, and 170 wave, you want to always isolate your enemy and kill it as fast as you can. Killing one nemesis before the other come will help you a lot.

Shattered Realm:
Haven’t checked yet. Will be painful because of energy though. Also low HP, lol.

BEST BONEMONGER IS ELEMENTAL BONEMONGER! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Reserve for another iteration

Now that’s a surprise, to see working build with that off hand and also Spelldrinker. Well done making this build!

Bonemonger is interesting set, not super overpowered, but versatile and support not very common tri-elemental damage as well as aether. I like Seekers proc, do you think this build can work with Arcane currents?

Can any blacksmith roll phys res on gear? :open_mouth:

Sick performance on a spectacular looking build!

Could you give some tips for reducing number of skills for someone who was not trained by Rachmaninoff?

Thanks Nery!
I use spelldrinker for couple of times. Always love that item.
Arcane current is used in my previous elemental apostate bonemonger. It is good, but the path to there is hard and not that rewarding.

Thanks Glenn!
What’s phys res? :stuck_out_tongue:

Woah, it’s hard to simplify this build. You can actually replace the offhand to cyclone offhand for a bit slower run (maybe about 15-20 sec slower). Sunspot is not a spectacular skill, the raw stats and conversion of the offhand is the main star.

Armor I guess, but that is flat reduction, its not resistance

I am joking. I have fix that. Lol.
It should be +% physique… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice, what a beautiful build. I still can’t read how good “auramancer” is from Grimtools, lol, so was waiting for the video to upload to judge it. And IT’S GLORIOUS. Sun Spot being in the center of all that beautiful destruction, somewhere in the Void Chton (can’t find his nick to namedrop him here properly, damn) is shedding a tear.

I wonder when does Zantai even start with nerfs here, lmao.

1 Like

Thanks Madlee!
I know you will like it!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, there are so many component of this build that is unique to it. I am very proud of this build actually.

Oh well, if my build is nerfed again, just gotta make another no banner 6 minutes build. Lololol…

1 Like

It’s a nice build and good to see that off-hand in use.

Well aetherfire, I’d guess. Procs like no tomorrow on basically anything (Tether in this case).

Ok, that will reduce this build’s performance by like 5 seconds, what’s next?

Don’t give him ideas, Madlee. Lol

The build is versatile and the concept is strong. It has so many redundancies and many options to choose. One thing nerf and other option is still available :wink:

I’ll guess it’s a bit more than that. You can get a fair number of these out there in ~ one spot with a rapid proccer and they stack for damage (not dots).

Yes, I think it is too. Nice job.

1 Like

PRAISE THE SUN!

It really needs a good pilot tho. If I made that I won’t be testing it cause 13% phys res 9k hp looks like 1.0.6.0 meta :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Was sunspot too strong or what? I’m just curious of it’s the rest of the items or not. Thanks for making this. After your answer I can probably remove judgment of empyrion from the list :))). Ah energy issues in campaign

If this gets nerfed I hope it gets energy Regen to compensate lol

edit after watching the video I feel like stormfire might just be a bit too strong and thermite mine RR might be a bit too strong after all its improvements. Otherwise my problem with spelldrinker is that while it’s good it’s never used for arcanist despite having the skill mod lol. It gets picked for cool and weird stuff like this though. That or changing the belt conversion might do the trick but make people salty.

And as you pointed out sunspot itself is not so hot, ironically. It’s the raw stats and other factors of the build.

I did use it on elemental CT back in AoM. It’s just that the only real aether skills you wanna convert are CT and devastation and CT got nerfed hard. Binder is making a comeback tho so spelldrinker arcanist with the belt should too. I’ll try to theorycraft when I get home from work.

Much appreciated sir. I hope people realize I’m trying to help Z balance sooooo many different items that each have so much experimentation needed for each to really understand their nuances… all I can really do to try to foster positive change is look at the first strong example I see with an item, check how much its impacting its performance and give feedback based on that.

I don’t often have the time to test an item on like 5 different builds… H

Since I havent even found time to update my other posts im going to dump this one here…
2h elemental bonemonger
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXWnPWZ
6 min clears 4b +banner (as long as you dont hit resistant mutator)… tbh probbably still near 6m without the banner because in the runs I did I hardly even tried to stay in it.

I used Spelldrinker actually on my Chain lightning Purifier, it has the necessary stats, but still isn’t that popular item. The off hand proc probably should have slight or not that slight increase in damage.

@thejabrixone can I get your thoughts on how you’d tone this down (and assume it’d get some energy regen to compensate)? I’d like to hear it from you first before I provide my thoughts.

@Nery honestly bonemonger itself is super robust. And I see other stuff going on here as well. I think you could double the non DoT damage on Sun Spot and it wouldn’t make a huge impact on clear times. If you watch the video sunspot barely dents the bosses, it’s his other skills that are consistently doing dmg to them.