[1.1.4.2] Chaos AAR Warlock

Introduction

Tag another not so strong build. After all what can one expect from very weak class combo like Warlock(expect Trozan) and chaos damage which is under performing as usually. To make matters worse neither class have RR and also set gives just one proc with RR and no passive boost to CoF, unlike WoP for some reason… So as one can imagine MH is stronger class than the lock. Nevertheless it’s not that hard to build it. It’s one of my old builds which I don’t feel satisfied with it. But it’s good to enriched further the Albrecht Aether Ray family.

Build

Grim%20Dawn%202019-09-03%2007-13-33-47

• permanent buffs, DPS for AAR

Grim%20Dawn%202019-09-03%2007-13-46-13

• with DG devotion and standing in Ritual Circle

GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V03PrE2

Concept:

Idea is to spam AAR, stand in set granted seal. For defense you have also life steal from amulet, bat, Sigil and of course ton of physical resistance. You have mirror as panic button and Blood of Dreeg as heal.

Gear:

Key is this set, but other options are,

• Amulet-used this one with life steal than Conduit. Both should work well.

• Rings- here for RR procs

• Relic- Again RR is irreplaceable, so Combustion is BiS

• Gloves and medal boosts my AAR

• Boots are excellent, chaos damage, slow res and physical. Only thing that lacks is DA or OA bonus

• Chest is very good, I can’t turn another source of physical res and energy regen.

• Pants are standard Barbaros, since there is only one pair of legendary chaos pants and they suck. Belt +1 Occultist and racial bonus, yes please! Also forgot to put bone in chest like I should for racial :sweat:
    Devotions:

DG is must for all chaos casters. Also used Healing rain to sustain the huge energy cost of AAR.

Performance

Build requires some skills in Crucible, but it’s very safe and it’s tough to be killed. Times are not impressive because of low RR- 9 minutes and above. I managed to comlete SR 65 with it in some old patch, probably can comlete it now, too. But it’s recommend to craft item with stun.

4 Likes

Why no Symbol of Solael, it adds some much needed RR.

I do agree though, Chaos AAR Warlock needs some help, like a major bump in RR.

Solael is just unreliable source of RR and also it interrupts casting AAR. One can use(forgot about) Sanctified bone for racial against chtonics though.

The Occulist mastery having alot of chaos damage but no chaos RR continues to be a massive issue for many, many builds. Theres a few enemies in the game with 118% chaos res and reaper is 98% chaos res. Throw a corrupted modifier and you can get up to a whopping 133% chaos res on enemies. I think you need every chaos RR you can get really. Maths wise 10% RR nets you alot more value when the enemy is highly resistant and the flame last 8 seconds.

I agree with that. Sadly the RR will be low no matter what you do. If only CoF have native chaos RR or set have modifier to it…

Black Flame set needs more chaos RR similar to Clairvoyant’s aether RR.

1 Like

Crate is scared giving occulist RR because the niche chaos pet build being absurd but honestly putting chaos RR on sigil of consumption would be pretty great since no pet build will ever use it.

1 Like

Nice build, Nery. I’d say build has a potential for a big Spirit dump. Something like this

1 Like

Feel the true power of chaos!:faction_solael:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQOOOjV

Summary

2 Likes

That’s crazy damage, man!

The only aether to chaos is the shoulder at 30%? That is so sad.

Damage conversion on AAR comes from the Tainted Power transmuter.

Thats neat, though u still get the weird vit damage.

Edit: No wonder i forgot, i wished EOR have a transmuter like that!

So much headache would be resolved.

What if u sacrifice +1 occulist for Sash of the blood lord?

You can’t escape from the transmuter!