[Feedback] Tainted Power AAR's transmutor should be reworked

So far just you, sir

They are quite a few, basically all builds that do 6 minute and less in best pilots’ hands usually do close to 7 minute in a hands of Crucible casual (we tested it).

It’s 6:30 in my (“best player’s hands” for this build it seems because @sir_spanksalot couldn’t replicate it) hands. And it’s a great (tooting my own horn here) min-maxed spec that most players who want to play Chaos AAR won’t be able to create on their own. Without all the elite building magic it’s not good honestly. And even after all the magic it’s still a PITA to play, just look at how many skills it have on a skill bar, and it’s a chanelling build which suffers a lot from having extra buttons to press.

Look, I am not trying to get Chaos to become Lightning damage 2: Electric Boogaloo. But you can’t deny that it’s weak and it suffers on all fronts: poor itemization, poor support from masteries and weak devotions map. Can we at least give those few viable Chaos archetypes something to be proud of? Remember how we argued about Acid and Poison being weak but then Venomblade got redesigned and Oathkeeper added so now Acid at least has that (and not much else honestly, but that’s another topic).

Simply return to Disintegration vitality damage and remake conversions on supported items. It’s simple :kissing:

1 Like

This is true. As shown below, I made it* more DPSy by using m. mark of ulzuin. Clear times dropped to about 6:15, but consistency dropped to about 60 - 70%.

Also…what was it that you said about horn tooting the last time I used this phrase? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know, I think I just did several times.

I say let Mad Lee show us that warlock before coming to conclusions.

Nery’s thread/build being 9m and above does show it’s a good 50% slower than the MH version.

While it’s more of a warlock issue than an AAR one, it is nevertheless an issue.

Warlock makes 7 minutes without extra spawn in the original version with Rah’zin’s belt. I would also like to mention the very minimal protection that careless piloting will not forgive mistakes - it’s not aether or lightning AAR that just pressed a button and everyone died. The build is quite difficult to manage due to the large number of buttons that need to be pressed in time and for many this is a significant problem - you need to get used to it for a long time to show a stable runs in Crucible.

That’s my 7:04 run with Rah’zin’s belt not extra spawn.

And another run with Bloodlord Sash (conversion which just simply does not work on the AAR because transmute in priority) with extra spawn. I don’t know how much he will be without the extra spawn - I didn’t do the run without the extra with Bloodlord Sash :grin:

2 Likes

Back to the topic…

I think the real question is: is chaos weak or is chaos working as intended, and all the rest is out of line?

I think that these root causes are game balances that are biased towards RR as a prerequisite for comfortable farming in end games.

Chaos AAR on MH is probably the best chaos build by far. And others are 7-8+ minute builds.
So, the problem is global :thinking:

It’s always been global. But chaos has steadily gotten stronger over the years so there’s that.

e.g. Crate incorporated my suggestion of adding chaos RR to combustion ring.

I just have to ask. Is the fact that Warlocks and Mage hunters have ridiculous staying power irrelevant?

Yes, it’s grown stronger, for now chaos even has a proper melee set (tnx Z).
But it’s still ridiculous how a build with 60k flat damage can do only ~8 mins crucible or can’t do it at all.
The problems (or at least a part of them) seem to me being both poor aoe and lack of RR.

Still doesn’t help warlock even out it’s score with mage hunter. It falls behind on almost all levels of play.

Not at all. However, and I can’t speak for the others, I’m personally comparing AAR to AAR.

@afanasenkov26: I dunno about you, but my darkblaze pyro was hitting low 7min clears just fine.

What I think would help chaos tremendously is if crate simply moved the AoE modifier on WoP’s second node to death sentence.

I don’t think it’d be a huge buff, but it certainly would make QoL :+1:

Don’t think it’s a miracle cuz you have aoe shotguns from Brimstone :slight_smile:
I’m talking more about builds like Rah’Zin WH that can’t afford much AoE to itself.

I mean…This isn’t the season for DW melee + chaos’ inherent shortcomings = 8min.

Makes sense to me.

Fix the problems faced by DW melee, and rah’zin will likewise improve.

Pretty sure it was after my suggestion tho :kissing_heart:

It’s not “ridiculous” by any means. Ritual Circle from the set is inconsistent (it’s also very small). And Chaos AAR is not even close in terms of staying power to Lightning AAR MH or PRM MH. I had to use Mark of Unlife instead of Ulzuin’s medal to make build consistent.

before buffs it was doing less damage and i would literally not care how many nemeses i had around me and what their deal was.

Feedback on the set was basically: shit damage but immortal.

Now it does around 6:30-40 for an experienced player and has the same durability. It’s a pretty tough sell to want more.

Also on lighting AAR, that’s just pure OP. No need to compare. Ofc you have staying power when you delete things from 30 km away and get the lifesteal out of that too,

EDit: Bare in mind also, that there was no Revenant love when I tested it.

It does that only on MH tho, Warlock is good 1 minute behind in hands of casual players.

I would argue here, Fluff. I don’t know when you tested it and what patch last feedback on it was in, but I suspect it was before 1.1.4.0. It’s not an immortal build by any means. ADTCH from Essence of the Grim Dawn is barely enough, actually, it’s the same ADTCH you get from 24% weapon damage Conduit when you have about 16% global adtch (that’s what you usually have after Revenant, Bat, Restless Remains, etc.). Build is tanky, but if you mess up the piano you can die on nemesis waves.

Quality of life of Chaos builds is hands down the lowest in all of Grim Dawn. Devotion activation is just fucking awful, I wrote about it in my guide.