[Feedback] Tainted Power AAR's transmutor should be reworked

Nope. Battlemage. Tho I think it was a really lucky run. Like 1 out of 100 runs. Dunno, the guy himself have to chime in and testify. Haven’t really seen the run too.

Add Sorc. It’s the most buffed class in the game after 1.1.4.0 and even with canisters and mortars being nerfed again and again they’re still at the top of the food chain.

Wait, I thought the mods apply before skill transmuters. If you have 100% Lightning to Chaos through aar skill mods on items then AAR output post transmuter should be chaos + vitaliy decay (provided aether and fire have been completely converted)
Does it not work like that anymore?

They don’t. Skill mod conversion applies and competes at a transmuter level. Been tested in the past with Frenetic Throw PBlades + M. Speaker of the Dead (50% Vit/Cold Blades) and Discord Cadence + M. Voidsteel Gauntlets (50% Elemental/Chaos) for damage breakdowns.

Participating in any form of debate require two parties that are ready to acknowledge the other person’s opinion, if backed by solid argument.

Internet debates usually lacks even one side, let alone two :smile:

You guys have thousands of hours in Grim Dawn and you still don’t know that builds based on two damage types are almost always worse?

It’s even sillier when we are talking about the weakest damage type in the game (Chaos) and a damage type that never works well with RR just from one mastery (Vitality with an exception of Phantasmal Blades). And you are suggesting clumping those damage types in one build that has Arcanist in it. Lol.

Do you even thinking about what you’re typing… before you type it? Neither of us was discussing the pros and cons of 1 damage type or 2.

Then what did you mean by that? Sorry if you were trolling.

Well, basically I meant exactly what it says there. That there is synergy that connects these two everywhere thru the game. Of course we know that hyperfocusing on one versus two is going to be better in the majority of scenarios.

I think “synergy” means when two things together give more than just a sum of those things. In case of Vitality and Chaos it’s not even close to that.

They are “clumped” together thematically, but there is absolutely no synergy between them. If anything there is more synergy between Chaos and Fire than between Chaos and Vitality.

There’s very little synergy between chaos and vit.

No mastery got both rr (even occultist got vit rr on Vulnerability which is not pushed with chaos rr mods to CoF).

DG+Ratosh+Abomination is impossible. In fact vit devos give little room to synergize with anything.

Some chaos setups have up to 1200% global vit but that vit is only carried by universal rr and some scraps of rr from the rings (I counted 60 on my Voidsoul). It’s not zero dmg but hardly a synergy.

And there’s couple hundred %dmg on DG but that’s it.

AAR mtransmuter is preventive conversion. Pure and simple. Change to chaos? Maybe not… but I think it should be removed. Leave that lightning alone and let builders experiment with ways to convert it to chaos independently (not much to be done here, though, to be honest).

It looks like it is but I think this transmuter was designed looooong before AAR builds rose to power. And preventing Chaos builds from being too strong is just not right. Strongest Chaos build is my Chaos AAR Mage Hunter, it can do 6 minutes once in blue moon if all stars allign and best pilot pilots it. In my hands it does 6:30. Casual player will probably do a good minute slower. So realistically it’s still a 7 minute complicated piano build. And it’s probably one of the weakest Mage Hunters. So giving it more damage is more than justifiable.

Great, looks like it’s all set.

Either you are trolling or you missed the part about how casual players will struggle with this grand piano and do above 7 minute runs. Which means above 8 minutes with Warlock (who is also supported by Black Flame).

Anyone else you planning of accusing of trolling today?

What elite player build can a casual do sub 7 minute runs with?

You can’t take builds that do 6 minutes in the best player’s hands and then compare this one, except used by a casual, and say it’s underperforming.

Fantastic.

So far just you, sir

They are quite a few, basically all builds that do 6 minute and less in best pilots’ hands usually do close to 7 minute in a hands of Crucible casual (we tested it).

It’s 6:30 in my (“best player’s hands” for this build it seems because @sir_spanksalot couldn’t replicate it) hands. And it’s a great (tooting my own horn here) min-maxed spec that most players who want to play Chaos AAR won’t be able to create on their own. Without all the elite building magic it’s not good honestly. And even after all the magic it’s still a PITA to play, just look at how many skills it have on a skill bar, and it’s a chanelling build which suffers a lot from having extra buttons to press.

Look, I am not trying to get Chaos to become Lightning damage 2: Electric Boogaloo. But you can’t deny that it’s weak and it suffers on all fronts: poor itemization, poor support from masteries and weak devotions map. Can we at least give those few viable Chaos archetypes something to be proud of? Remember how we argued about Acid and Poison being weak but then Venomblade got redesigned and Oathkeeper added so now Acid at least has that (and not much else honestly, but that’s another topic).

Simply return to Disintegration vitality damage and remake conversions on supported items. It’s simple :kissing:

1 Like

This is true. As shown below, I made it* more DPSy by using m. mark of ulzuin. Clear times dropped to about 6:15, but consistency dropped to about 60 - 70%.

Also…what was it that you said about horn tooting the last time I used this phrase? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know, I think I just did several times.

I say let Mad Lee show us that warlock before coming to conclusions.

Nery’s thread/build being 9m and above does show it’s a good 50% slower than the MH version.

While it’s more of a warlock issue than an AAR one, it is nevertheless an issue.