[1.1.4.2] Pestilence - Acid DW Dervish - SR 75+ [Sr+]

How would you say this build performs compared to the Shattered Realm/dual Pandemic Acid Dervish? That could roll OG 1.1.4.0 Crucible without any problems.

You even look at the gt? Got 3 fantasy greens. Besides SR is no measure of anything. You can do 75 by a fluke with anything.

@Drakhan Some suggestions if I may… 1) You got Smite untaken for 1p. It’s cheap&good. 2) You can drop Jackal for 4th Ghoul and take oa from Torch. Would save you some of that cunning dump that makes little sense on acid. 3) Those pants and gloves are no good. You need attack speed on the gloves above all. Since you got no slow res I’d take Tranquil Mind for the pants there. 4) Since it’s full melee (not like a hybrid like Venomblade) 1% attack speed for 1 point is always a good investment. Like Pneumatic Burst at 6 or Consecration at 13. 5) I see you can hardcap Merciless but you didn’t. Last ranks are so worth it. 6) You can get to 21 in PotT, worth it. 7) You can one-point Retribution. Major poison dmg from there. 8) You can pull points from: Whirling Death, Shadow Dance, Veil of Shadow (why 11???), lastly from Night’s Chill, Celestial Presence and Ascension. 9) Why in the world aren’t you using Shadow Strike? 10) (last one, don’t worry…) Amatok Breath is better than Fallen Kings. You convert some of its cold to acid and can freeze some heroes on apprach.

I dont do crucible no idea how it would perform in it

to be honest, sadly Acid is not supported by legendary items, both ring and glove choices are shit.

also thank you for the feed back, Updated GT link. I have just started playing the game like a month ago, still trying to theorycraft/learn some conversions mechanics etc

True… It might screw up your resistances but 2 main choices for gloves are blue Vilescorn Braces or purple cold Iceskorn Talons. As for the ring, again, screwing up your stats, but a good choice is Deathguard Sigil or Matriarch ring. Good acid pants are no existent, sadly. DA shred of Venomskins is obsolete since you got Scorpion Sting.

Also, check out some of this: [1.1.4.2] Cookie Dervish (SR80, Naked Crucible, C+). Alternative use of the great weapons MQ Claws.

I did indeed. 3 greens hardly condemns the build. Sorry. I don’t buy into that philosophy. As for SR - people were talking (you among them) that DW Dervish was dead and no longer able to achieve anything past 65… I bet you can only imagine my surprise that this gets posted while that conversation is going on.

Kinda… shoots that idea right in the foot, doesn’t it? I already knew you guys were going to be cheap and try to hold his “measly” 3 greens against him.

bro, I dont care build is there. He gave good feedback too. Did I complete 76? Yes thats all I care about. I agree with you too might as well lynch and remove every single build that has greens in it. Do you know how much build diversity would just get recked? most of the conversions for not intended dmg types comes from green belts and such. Plus its not like %90 of the people who are making builds for community are not using grimtools or defiler

Sadly some builders try to put a lil hate on greens being in a person’s build. I agree… they are part of the game and if someone wants to use them, use them. As far as I’m concerned your post shows readily enough that DW Dervish is far from dead.

well I am going to go and try to push to 80, changes were good enough that I feel like I can hit 80 with the build

Nice take on Dervish, @Drakhan

@powbam , passing 75 and posting screens don’t mean that everything is good. @thejabrixone passed 170 Cruci in 6:30 with Dreeg. It doesn’t mean that Dreeg set is in a good place.

You could always ask him to post vids perhaps, maybe ask some questions concerning consistency and so on.

anything Acid need support and revamp. I %100 agree but I didnt die at the boss fights during SR 75. It could be luck I came really close to dying couple times.

Not alot of legendaries support to acid conversion or has good effects with, hell sets dont even support specific melee DW acid damage when one of the main sources for acid RR is nightblade and its DW Melee based

1 Like

I guess I will finally have to find a recording program and actually record :confused:

I know that alot of people tend to use OBS. Me personally if I need to record something tho (and if you happen to have Nvidia Experience installed) I tend to use the recording tools available directly in Experience since it’s pretty simple to just up and record with it.

I can second this - it’s very easy to use if you have an Nvidia card. And it comes out pretty decent as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I never said that. My opinion of SR is that - below 80 - it’s doesn’t say anything about how good a build is. Any decent build can do 75 when played right. And even a half-assed build can do it when played wrong if lucky (not talking about the op build here, just in general).

It’s not about being cheap or holding anything against anyone (except the rhetoric - the only thing that’s cheap here - six rare affixes are hardly measly). Anyone should play the way the wanna. But balance discussions must revolve around certain standards, and green and no-green are two totally different standards. GDStashed greens can elevate a build way beyond what’s available in legit game. No build can ever be lacking - especially in the res department - if you allow an unlimited number of handpicked rare affixed. And no balance discussion makes any sense if no build is ever lacking.

And when it comes to DW Venomblade dervish, yes, it’s lacking in legit game.

Well, as far as you are concerned I was referring more to this I suppose:

Not looking quite so dead tho :wink: I just take exception to people perpetuating builds as being dead when they aren’t. It’s a bit extreme, a bit knee-jerk, a bit misleading.

The GD Stash aspect in balance discussions I can agree with. I’d like to see if he can take out the those three items and replace them with more “legit” items then and see if it still holds water. It’s hard for me to believe that he couldn’t.

I didnt knew there was such a post. This makes me happy ^^. Now I am working on Soulrend Reaper not sure how its going to work not many choices in there too :confused:

Alrighty. I’ll avoid the d-word in the future.

1 Like