[1.1.4.2] Pure Vitality Oblivion Spamlord/RE leechtank Oppressor. Crucible 5:54. SR+

I do like biting blades. Piss poor pierce/acid conversion though. :confused:

Dunno the exact math since we never got confirmation from zantai, but since path and harbinger got rougly the same amount of %vit damage, and path is supposed to be better due to cdr, and they’re preforming around the same, then the conversion must be the reason why it just balances out.

The question is: do you really need those extra ~250 points of dmg? Even here, Oblivion is mainly just there for sustain, after all…

The relic might work on this specific blightlord setup, but its still quite niche I’m afraid :frowning:

Either that – or the other stats on HoS are somehow more relevant to the dmg of this build than they appear to be…

Could it be the loss of flat damage + casting speed? PoT3 makes it a predominant RE build, and I believe you’d lose some of the fire damage on RE to acid. IIRC, conversions work via weights.

EDIT: Unless I’m mistaken and the order of conversion comes into play

It’s just easier to check Ravenous Earth’s damage tooltip with PotT and HoS, guys.

1 Like

Asian spanks - trying to do the math

Russian lee - fuck it. check tooltip.

2 Likes

:smiley:

Guess what I was just doing:

Hos:

PoT:

Seems like there is some dmg loss, after all. Now I’m confused…

But my math said it would be ok! :sob:

At the risk of coming across as condescending…are both PoT3 + HoS at the same level?

So 10% damage loss for 12% CDR. I bet if you could cap casting speed without the help from an Exclusive Path of the Three would come out on top.

HoS: 13/12. PoT: 15/12. So the difference might be even steeper at an equal 12/12…

Show me your ways, Senpai :bowing_man:

On a more serious note: where would you take the CS from? Devotions? Eldritch Mirror components? :confused:

Do you use GDstash? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BnO1k2

That’s the problem. Because Z. decided to leave Vitality gloves without casting speed there is no reasonable way to cap casting speed here. Plus additional ADCtH to Oblivion spam (and faster spam) would tip the scales towards HoS.

Although I totally get what you are saying when you call gameplay with additional CDR more fluid. Playing high CDR casters feels powerful and very satisfying.

Voidrend talons mate.

ye, but those have measly 10% casting speed and shitty stats.

Think of it this way, with better rolls, it hits the same level of CS as HoS. So what those gloves really do is get you 12% CDR without losing CS

Fair point. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whilst I obviously use it (is there a theorycrafter out there that doesn’t, nowadays? Have you ever crafted a relic legitimately during the last few years – let alone like, six of them, to get the desired completion bonus? It is madness), I would prefer to keep at least the appearance of attainability, here :sweat_smile:

So; anyone have an idea that doesn’t include crazy MI rolls?

Edit: I actually included Voidrend Talons in my first theorycraft but quickly gave up on them in favor of supermaxed RE…

Could 2x Sigil of the Deprived be worth it? We do lose 5% CS with that change again, though :confused:

Always worth testing of course. Min-maxing never stops.

There’s a blue medal which gives +2 to RE. But you lose the skill modifier. :confused:

You can also give up last three nodes of wendigo (not a big fan of it, personally) for jackal

Nice idea! More physres always helps, too. And it also gives movement speed :drooling_face:

god this build moves slowly atm…

Try investing one point into RE’s third node too. Should help speed up clearing trash mobs.

EDIT: If you want, you can also give up fiend for hawk + 2 nodes into spider.

With jackal, you should have compensated for the CS loss.

2nd EDIT: this might make sense with PoT3, since you lose out on some fire/acid conversion.