1.1.4.2 State of Venomblade

It’s was 100% ok in 1.1.3.0, I suppose. After first wave of OK nerfs, VB was in a good place. Then there was a wave of NB and OK nerfs :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I put together this Venomblade for Crucible, and to have proper arguments. Conclusion is greens make an important difference. Build will be better in the future

I will then go to SR 75 with it today and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Sorry if I sound like a heretic, but honestly?

I feel like VB should be left as it is, HOWEVER there should be global buffs to acid damage.

Especially in terms of non-m.i items.

Maybe that’ll be sufficient to give VB the bump it needs, while not having it be one of the 2 competitive acid sets in the ultra-late game

The dmg is pretty high on VB, but it needs misc ninja buffs. Doesn’t even have to be on the set itself, but other properties that VB will use

It’s never been about the damage imo, moreso stats and resists - both of which are compensated for by ascension.

Regardless, let’s just leave this topic here mate. It’s not pertinent to DMT’s OP

EDIT: My bad for bringing it up ><

it is pertinent, just that i can’t say more so yes, it will be left alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

giphy

Freaking praets <3

If you only knew just how evil we really were.

giphy%20(16)

1 Like

This guy is very creepy :scream:

1 Like

It kinda was. When DA meta ended and 170 got easier people were still using 4+1 but then the farming potential of 170 got realized so at first some people did 4+0 (and thejabrixone still does it to this day). The “accepted standard” was 12 mins 4+1, which allows you to do unli runs with tribute refilling after 2nd run. But then people who were still using banner reported super fast runs like sub-7 (which was still considered really fast at the time) using 3+1 so people thought 3+1 was just better and the majority just adopted that.

He’s Dr. Evil from Austin Powers!

Then you should be able to do 75 no problem. SR is banal. Unless you wanna aggro all at once. Do you?

Anyway I just did 75 with not so good mutators on my max dmg no-green setup without a frown. And this setup dies in Crucible very often. I would say every time unless you pilot real well. There’s no comparison between under SR80 and Crucible difficulty no matter the buffs and blessings.

This. I can do naked Cruci with my VB, but can’t do 75 consistently no matter how good and careful I play. One time I pass easy, next time I may die vs. trash.
Btw, how buffed Cruci might be harder then SR?

In SR you can single enemies out. You can hide behind a corner and wait for them to come one by one. If too many aggro, or when you see too many debuffs, you can just get away like in main game. As for boss rooms, they are even easier than exploration stages, imo. Just turn the camera south and you got 99% aggro abuse consistency and half the room to kite freely without aggroing others. AGGROMERABUSE. SR = South Rotation.

Anyway, you can die. And still get the reward. What are we even talking about difficulty in a game mode where you can die?

Btw trashmobs are killers now. The debuffs some of them can stack are deadly. I’m not sure since when this is the case but trash is dangerous af. One of the reasons why Crucible is harder, imo. You got mulitple bosses and all kinds of trash and hero mobs showering you with debuffs.

I got your point, let’s not to make this thread into another Crucible-SR holy war :smile:

1 Like

@Dmt sry but i will only say this since i am a SR fan. After this i will stop

Depending how far you are willing to go, it really is not.

At later stages it makes 1v1’s relevant and more unique. Shard mobs are not something you just trample through to get to the next boss.

You will have to look at the map, assess the mobs and choose what mobs you go to first. And maybe come back to the hard mobs later when you’ve acquired souls or sometimes, not at all because they simply cannot be killed reliably.

It makes certain fights significant and i like that.

Crucible is like taking a super car to the race tracks, to me. And sometimes it is tiresome. SR allws me to pace myself and actually think about what lies ahead.

As for SR 75, just don’t stop there. Once new patch hits, start at 80 and after SR 81 things get interesting :slight_smile:

But then you hit a random set of unbeatable bosses which your build would have no way of overcoming and it’s game over. Or game on if you cheese your way thru with camera abuse and aggro abuse. Yes, Crucible is exactly like taking a sports car to a race track and perfecting the same lap. But then SR is like taking your sports car for a ride somewhere in the middle of Russia: you never know what kills you first - horrible roads or local thugs who have never seen Ferrari before.

On topic: DMT is right here, and I trust her opinion on the subject. She always builds extra tanky characters and if she is complaining that means something is wrong here.

Also current melee balance where Shattered set outperform Belgo and Venomblade and Deathmarked is just sad.

I think you just need to play it more.

Crucible was met by the same degree of meh innitially

An also please, :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:

but I play it regularly, I test my builds there too. But I never once had a pleasant experience with it. I also find it super tentative to go below 76. I just get bored super quickly. I kind of hate the random nature of it. I also hate how melee builds just suck for Shards, unless it’s same old Shattered set.

That said, I don’t enjoy playing Crucible either. My Grim Dawn is making builds and perfecting them and also ranting on this forum and in our Discord.

1 Like