[1.1.4.2] Ulzuin's Barrelsmith - Skyfire grenadier reborn (6min buffed/bannered clear; 9min naked)

Nice. I didn’t have it drop for me yet, but my sabo will sure like it (Although alkamos warsword makes it a somewhat moot point in the budget beginner build state).

My Rimetongue Saboteur isn’t old and it’s doing fine. But Rimetongue is caster set and my build is melee…(auto correction insists on meme)

My cold PRM have better DPS on paper than every other version. But in Crucible you need to retire from other activities in order to kill Moosi, Fabius and Zantarin. And you melt trash mobs and struggle mightily against Nemesis.

Cold Grenado Saboteur, you can’t outdamage the leech of Kuba :sweat:

CT as cold, hmmm. Stun jacks as cold, doubt they are good, except if your name by coincidence is Superfluff.

GT in OP updated with YT of naked clear.

Build is now naked viable , but requires high piloting skill. Of the 3 runs I just did, I cleared 2.

WOULD NOT recommend naked runs to beginners.

Not sure how buffed/bannered runs would be affected by it, but my intuition says it’d be around 5 seconds, 10 seconds tops. (Increase in clear time is due to loss of aether/lightning conversion from storm witch affecting SoTH, and loss of electrocute damage).

That being said, the build is far more stable, and runs smoother.

I’ve been playing a similar build in HC.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZq3bEM2
I was probably sleeping when Ulzuin was made not shit so mine gravitated toward Light’s Defender instead, which feels kind of weak now compared to the new Ulzuin.
Also, running out of mana drove me insane so I went with the Harp, but your devotion setup looks so much more effective, if a lot less flashy.

Thanks!

But I’d uh…steer clear away from my set-up if you’re doing HC.

I don’t think it’d get killed in main campaign, but the spec is designed to be a glass cannon.

If I were to beef it up, I’d use grey magi’s instead of wyrmscale

I’d also use prismatic diamond + purified salts &/or imbued silver.

@krag: Regarding your set-up: I’d swap out runebound topaz for bloodied crystals. 75 armor > 12 DA+ 160 hp

Thanks for the tips. I noticed everyone seemed to have moved on from Runebound Topaz to Bloodied Crystal, gotta try that myself. Not complaining since those are much cheaper.

Edit: Ended up stealing your devo setup, it bumped my OA to 3K and DA to 3.2K, boosted my armor a bit. And I must say that while I lost the cool factor of Tempest, the Korvaak proc looks amazing as well.
Gotta find a good pair of pants to fix my stunres now.

1 Like