[1.1.5.1] Butterfly Effect: 6m 150-170 Crucible Gladiator no greens caster Chaos Pyromancer [g3][c+][sr]

*Something something chaos

Foreword

The idea was to make a Pyromancer build that is competitive in current endgame and unique at the same time. Chaos turned out to be the answer.

The Build

<<<<< GRIMTOOLS >>>>>*

*Craft three items for Stun resist and two items for Energy regeneration

1.1.5.1 Update

Decided to test this one a bit in a new patch. 4 Blessings + 3 level Storm Banners work much better for Chaos Pyromancer. Noticed that build is taking a bit too much damage from Aleksander and Valdaran and changed medal component to Aether Soul. Updated Grimtools and added couple of Crucible videos.

Questions from the Void

No Voidheart? Why no Grim Fate?
With double Entropic Coils damage is better due to more points in Demon Fire and Hellfire Mine and we also get great Vitality res overcap. Grim Fate showed similiar or slightly worse damage in tests, while Fang of Ch’thon has crafting bonus and adtch that actually helps due to our weapon damage procs.
Does Essence of Ch’thon weapon augment really work?
Yes, runs are slightly faster with it
Wouldn’t Purifier be better here?
No idea actually, but goal was to make an endgame Pyromancer build

Gear/Skills/Devotions

A lot of gear options were thoroughly tested before coming to this setup and this set of gear proved to be the best. Points in Wasting are crucial for build’s survivability, we need to facetank quite a lot to dish out damage since our dots are very small.

Gameplay

One thing that you need to remember is to keep everyone in your BWC, especially Reapers. Reposition when you have your next BWC ready. Sometimes energy potion is needed.

Leveling

This is an endgame build and it works as advertised after you equip all gear and adjust all skills and devotions exactly as presented here, at level 94 or better at level 100. For leveling guides use search function on this forum.

Stats

General

Chaos damage with all the procs up

Defense

Videos

1.1.5.1 Crucible 5:53 run with 4 blessings + 3 level one Storm banners

1.1.5.1 Crucible 6:24 run with 3 blessings 1 Vanguard Banner

Faster Crucible Gladiator 150-170 6:17 run

Slower Crucible Gladiator 150-170 6:45 run

Just 10 deaths and 18 minutes for 75-76 (don’t do it at home)

In Conclusion

I think Occultist deserves to be a third mastery on Infernal Knight set. Pyromancer is one of the weakest classes right now and could use better item support.

13 Likes
1 Like

I like it. I’ve always liked SoC in AoM.

It certainly is a popular now!! with the recent changes.

I TC’d a Pyro BWC retaliation chaos spammer a while ago with different gear (different concept). But here you have the safety net of SoC for peace of mind, which is nice.

Interesting build, thanks for posting.

So dagger of Chton is best, huh?

yeah, exactly. I need “staying power” and SoC helps with that a lot, although its damage is pretty low.

Yep, it’s so good here. More adtch from Fiend/Bat procs as well as ocassional hits with Korvaak’s Relic proc and more leech from Bat due to conversion.

By the way I always try to put it somewhere, but did you ever tested Dracarris proc, looks so good in paper, have headache that haven’t fin application for it.

no, didn’t test and it would certainly be worse. %Damage is nice but loss of 4%cdr and quite bit of leeching power will kill the build. And I don’t think % damage proc will outweigh pretty consistent RR proc Fang has.

I did test Hexflame however for more RR, damage was similiar but survivability dipped to the point where build was dying every second run.

Decided to torture myself a bit and try this one in Shards 75-76. Result: about 10 deaths and 18 minutes trial of error, but 75-76 run was complete. Added this video to the op. Build is good for 65-66 but 75-76 is asking this Pyro a bit too much.

how does one heal with this build?

Thru partially converted Bat devotion proc, thru Seal of Consumption and thru bits for weapon damage like Fiend and Korvaak’s relic proc.

1.1.5.1 Update

Decided to test this one a bit in a new patch. 4 Blessings + 3 level Storm Banners work much better for Chaos Pyromancer. Noticed that build is taking a bit too much damage from Aleksander and Valdaran and changed medal component to Aether Soul. Updated Grimtools and added couple of Crucible videos:

6:24 run with 3b/1vb setup
5:53 with 4 blessings + 3 level one Storm banners setup.

1 Like