[1.1.5.1] The Realm of Misery - Shattered Guardian Based, Acid/Poison AA Dervish

Belt’s vitality>acid conversion and huge OA make it better. Also just tested that smite is gooood… Achieve 15sec dummy in such a tanky spec. Feels good man…

I’ve been waiting for this belt since 1.1.3.0 to update this build.

Nice, I might level a dervish after all. Just got to find that belt :\

1 Like

Good luck! Rng can be a bitch.
Get as max Vitality conversion as possible, but with decent OA roll at least

Hail for that build update! It looks very solid for melee in this patch.

1 Like

Build is updated for 1.1.5.1:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnb3xAN

Cruci Clear time with 4 Buff + 3 L1 storm beacons:

6 min clear time.
1 Like

I’m yet to build an acid DW, have one in store, but why no one hardcaps Retribution when there is an option? Thats so much dot.

Also 4buff+3lvl1 beacon is 1 tribute short of beeing sustainble, right?

Because the points are better to be put elsewhere.

Yes. But After that you can always do 3 runs with 4 buff to replenish.

Or just use 4 buff+2 L1 beacons or 3 buff + 4 L1 Beacons if you want to do continuous runs.

I think this will be faster. +700 over 5 sec flat dot is no joke.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKd1wW2

At the very least i’d consider moving points from AoM. 4 sp for 4% racial against Aleks is kinda steep.

Retribution might really be worth it. It has ridiculous amounts of DoT at those higher ranks.

By sacrificing 4% of attack speed? Hmmm, it just doubling the DoT values of RF from the current setup, but it looks indeed kinda nice.

I might tested it again, but I have dismantled the build for my other super secret build. I might test it some other times.

Probably i am missing the detail but how is this one holding up vs Venomblade dervish?

I think @ya1 can explained it to you… :joy:

i have similar build, like 90% similar and it rocks!
well done :slight_smile:

Venomblade Dervish is lot squishier for sure, SR set=toughness. But still Misery setup can dish damage. I feel though from role playing perspective is sacrilegious to choose SR set for Crucible over Venomblade. :smile:

So it seems that one well rounded jack of all trades set (Shattered guardian) is much better for a lot of DW setups dedicated sets (DM, Venomblade etc) :frowning:

How did Mr Zantai allowed that - getting much better results with a set not dedicated to a specific build.

Because DW autoattacker don’t need much tricks but mainly stats, and SR set provide a lot on that.

By cruci clear time, SR set usually always lose to dedicated sets. However with current cruci, it’s hard to survive with pure autoattacker DW build except wearing SR set.

As an all-round build VB is worse. It does have faster clears by about 30-40s. But this latest Misery setup has almost as much wpn dmg as the fastest no green VB I made (with both arms of Abomination and 60% chaos to acid) so when it comes to pure autoattack they’re comparable. VB has better AoE and DoTs - it’s a hybrid after all, half-caster. But VB is squishy af: bullshit health, zero cc res, bullshit armor, lacking phys res. Also, getting skillpoints on VB is hell, and if you want luxuries such as Meditation+Deadly Means you gotta give up Ascension, ABB, and/or Merciless.

But max green VB is still a dps freak only rivaled by the latest Belgo.

Better question is is this better than double Mad Queen Claws.

Making acid DW dervish require lots and lots of skill points, so you know that I am gonna side with misery. It’s also provide a better package for autoattacker with built in DA.

What I like from Mad queen’s claw is it gives a nice healing proc, healing belgo shears, and huge crit damage bonus. The latter can make cunning dump meaningful, but the lack of DA will make it difficult, unless you are using arcane harmony pants maybe.

You might also want to try gannar’vakkar’s sting with impossible affixes just for science.

Can you elaborate on that? You lost me when you came to the luxuries. What do you mean exactly by having to give up the following skills? Giving up soft cap or how do you mean?

Try to build acid DW dervish in Grimtools, use venomblade for example, and you can see how many skill points you need and how a + all skill item is very important to that archetype.