[1.1.5.2] Dreeg's Dreidel - 2H Acid EoR Dervish - Beginner friendly MC farmer!

It looks awesome actually. I like the choice of gloves to get RR, some flat phys (which is mostly converted to acid) and freeing up points from Manticore. Though it makes me sad that there’s so little love for this constellation.
Your resistance are great too, including CC!
I’m curious though, what’s your sheet EoR dps with this setup?

Heh, I’m doing the same now with a warlord. It looks like the overall damage is comparable but the soldier adds some toughness for sure.

I think this is one of the best leveling specs for any oathkeeper so far based on my testing.

There is a chance that I missed out on something, so please explain to me:
Since when do we call a build “great” if it can kill Gabal Thun and it´s easy to level with it?
No offense, but: Levelling is easy with a bunch of Skills, no matter what Items you wear. AAR and EoR and e.g. Conflagration are just three of them.
Don´t get me wrong - I am not against lowering the standards, but it confuses me, since the tenor so far is all about:
“You got to beat not only Crucible, but you have to beat it in under 7 minutes” and
“You have to reach SR80” and
“Not only has Ravager to be killed, but also fast”.

And now we´re talking main campaign “challenges”?

1 Like

Just over 200k with toggled buffs and PB. Not sure when under the effects of the Barbaros steroid.

No offense, but I don’t really care what the standards are - I’ve posted my build threads that I think are interesting and that haven’t been posted before. Whether my builds are “great” or “up to forum standards” doesn’t bother me. I really don’t GAF about whether my builds clear the Crucible since I don’t play it, nor have I killed the Superbosses. If my build can clear SR65 at a minimum, then it’s “fine” for me.

Different people have different standards and enjoy doing different things in-game… :thinking:

Is that a “forum standard”? Nope! But it’s just an interesting thing that happened which leads me to believe that the build can handle tougher challenges in the game. “Elite” build posters have mentioned in passing that they test their builds while leveling up in-game against certain bosses to roughly gauge performance later on in the Crucible…

Back in the Alpha when Nemesis monsters first came out, the level cap was lower and Devotions didn’t exist, the forum standard was, “Can your build handle Fabius?” :crazy_face:

3 Likes

its called progression and these new standards are the basis for some of the recent changes and patches…With the advent of the expansions, Grim Dawn is never the same game. And with that the gd community also evolved for better and worse. Any build not doing well in Crucible and SR will automatically be labeled meme status. :smiling_imp: But at the end of the day its all about you and you having fun.

First of all, this build is positioned as a fast MC farmer that is, wait for it, -

1. Spin to win
  2. Easy to level 1-100 without the need to change builds during leveling or farm rare gear
  3. Easy to gear once you reach 94
  4. Fast. Fast. Very Fast! Very mobile!
  5. Minimum buttons to press
  6. Minimum procs to watch for
  7. HC friendly!

And who said this build can’t take on Crucible and SR80? Given how fast it is against bosses in MC and how much AoE there is, I wouldn’t be surprised if it can beat 7 min 3+1.

But sure, while things are still being tested, please don’t consider it a good build and DON’T PLAY it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Since this build is based around a weapon that has a non-mythical Legendary version (75), you should see if you can post a build version for lvl 75 that can be used until you find a 94. The 75 version is not so different for this concept.

That would make it even more exciting. And that is something Dunefield has no hope of doing.

Actually, the weapon is level 58! And can take you all the way to 94 in a blast. It’s that good.

Damn!, you are right = 58. Oh dem blues. :astonished:

Edit: and it’s mentioned in your OP. I need reading lessons.

1 Like

How do you get acid meteor shower?

The sword + helmet + chest armor + Path of the Three + Vitriolic Gallstone + amulet together provide
~90% Physical to Acid
100% Elemental to Acid

1 Like

I’ve been looking at the videos you posted, and was hoping you might clarify why there is a pretty significant divergence in the devotion tree progression. There are very slight differences in skill tree progression, as well, such as the incorporation of Soulfire and Vire’s Might a bit earlier in the build. These seem useful, too, but minor. It’s the devotions that leave me scratching my head a bit. Kill speed and early survivability seem much stronger on you video-build than on a “to-the-letter” reprodution of the written build-guide. I’m sure some of this is RNG-equipment related, and some is user-error on my part… but still…

The high damage comes from very early conversions. Path of the Three + transmuted Guardians, Guardian Gaze. Itemization plays a huge role, but you should be able to always find a decent hitting two hander which supports your current damage. Slithbane is a good early weapon. Any green with the venomfang affix should work great.

Survivability is another story. In my vids, I started with bat+GG and it did a decent job early on. I think bat is more useful while you are leveling GG. But a lot of it is affected by the gear of course. I always try to max out resistances and have decent armor and maybe even regeneration. Ghoul and Behemoth help a lot. And yes, it’s a good idea to max out Soulfire early on too.

I might have some discrepancies between the written guide and videos, sorry about that. But both paths should be very similar, as I’m following the written one now myself to level a templar and it’s been going well so far (level 50).

1 Like

Oh snap, somehow I forgot the most important point, the “of scorched ends” affix on green armor and jewellery. Max EoR 26/16 and your damage will go through the roof.

1 Like

For the hell of it, I respec’ed to match the video devotion progression, and I’m still getting slapped around a bit, so it’s clearly user error on my part and equipment selection (DMG is about 2/3 of what you were putting out at the same level—lv30). One thing that I’m struggling with in particular is EoR interruption by stunning attacks. Other than reduced stun duration items, do you have a secret?

The best defense is a good offense. I try to eliminate things faster than they can stun/freeze. Even if you get occasionally frozen, the meteors and guardian eyes should be able to finish off the mobs quickly. Another important point is mobility and range. EoR gives you this ability to spin around mobs keep distance and avoid getting hit. Especially important when fighting bosses and strong heroes. Zoom in and out and spin at the edge of the group of mobs if there’s a danger of getting slapped. Spin away if things become hairy or Vire thru and spin on the opposite side. The positioning advantage is always on your side.

1 Like

Is this build better than archon lightning or Physical Eor Warlord, first time playing cant decide between eor builds cause patches keeps changing them and is my first time.
thanks in advance

also been watching your youtube videos, hardcore antigamer right?
for this build is it better to go dervish or warlord?

Yep, that’s my channel. Archons, Paladins, Warlords and Dervishes are comparable when it comes to endgame EoR performance. But the important part is that as a beginner, you don’t have all the rare gear. For this 2H Acid EoR to work you need just one item. For it to work great - 3 items. The rest can be filled with greens and it will still be a good campaign farmer. I bet this is one of the very few builds that can be played from the start to 94 no problem. It’s fast and resilient enough to handle most bosses and nemesis.

As for Dervish vs Warlord, having tested both, I’d go with the dervish for max damage and warlord for max resilience. They are both comparable overall.

Thank you, what do you think about warlord physical for beginner as well in comparison,
and which 3 items(besides the sword) do i need? and where should do i farm them including the sword? just random drop? will it be very rng? thanks

Btw your new hybrid retal eor looks awesome, how is it in comparison too? begineer friendly or end game class?