[1.1.5.2] Dreeg's Dreidel - 2H Acid EoR Dervish - Beginner friendly MC farmer!

The Phys Warborn Warlord is hard to fully gear as a beginner and isn’t as fast to level. But the 2H Acid one, same spec as this build, is pretty good. All you need is the Sword, Cowl of the venomblade (helmet) and Venomancer’s chest armor. The non-mythical blueprint of the helmet can be purchased from the plant vendor in the grove.

This is way more gear dependent and will take a lot of hours to farm. I’m making a guide on this and will post it here tomorrow.

Thank you so much i cant wait it, i just need to hope the sword and helmet drop? is my first playthrough so yeah, last question though
btw somewhere in this post u mention the warlord acid version does pretty equaly damage with dervish but more resilience. approx how much damage difference dervish vs warlord acid version and also approx how much more resilience is the warlord acid vs dervish. thanks

I’d say Dervish has 15-20% more damage but about 15-20% less toughness. That’s just based on my testing so far.

The helmet can be crafted from a blueprint that is sold by the plant vendor here - https://www.grimtools.com/map/markers/merchants/7474
You can get it at level 50. The sword is a random drop but not very rare. Usually drops once per run 1-100 for me on every char. There’s also a trading thread on this forum, so you can always trade for it. Worst case, there is a celestial blacksmith Etram Fald who can craft random legendaries from rare materials and you could gamble for it. Chances are 1/100 but even if you don’t get the sword, you might get a lot of usable items in the process. Which can help at the beginning.

Edit: Here’s another sword drop, minutes after this post lol. It’s not rare.

Grats! how much should i offer for Dreeg’s level 58 to people in softcore? i have no idea how much and what it goes for, everyone just post offer lol

It shouldn’t be expensive. Not many people ever find this blade usable. Maybe a dozen ancient hearts or tainted brain matter / blood of chton. Or just some aether crystals / shards. I think 100 crystals would be a fair trade. You can farm those in half an hour.

I’d give all 20 of my swords and then some 1000 crystals on top for a Deathstalker relic blueprint lol

Can I play the build without the 2handed. I mean if it doesnt drop… I got to live with it xD

i noticed you put some points spirit, can you tell me how you leveled the attribute points? meaning which levels you put points in spirit

It’s going to be a different build then. But every EoR build requires some specific gear. You can level without Dreegal’anore, though it will be slower. Endgame - no way around it, unless you want a different build. Dunefiend EoR Dervish, for example, needs at least 4 rare set items (or one blueprint, which is a pretty rare drop). Physical EoR Warlord needs the Warborn set (4 items). Archons and Paladins need the Cyclone set (4 items). This build only needs the sword to be functional.

While leveling there’s no need to put points into spirit, you can always respec later on. Especially so if you are playing HC. Otherwise, for endgame you can put about 20 points into spirit, but only if your DA (Defensive Ability) is adequate. I aim for 2.8-3k with pneumatic burst active. 3K would be ideal.

1 Like

Updated for 1.1.5.2

Not much change except the spec is now 15% tougher thanks to the buffs to Yugol’s!

Damage reduction from Yugol isn’t stacking with Soulfire. Only highest source applied.

Are you certain about that? That would mean that stuff like Maiven’s sphere and Menhir’s Bulwark wouldn’t stack either, is that so?

% damage reduction - only highest source applied. If you have BWC transmuter for 18% physical reduction for example and have at the same time 24% reduction from Soulfire , BWC will not do anything.

% absorb from sources like Maiven and Possession will stack multiplicatively.

Flat absorb like Seal and Ascension stacks additively.

2 Likes

In this case the bonus from Yugol’s would only provide situational benefit if the mobs aren’t hit by soulfire or the proc has expired. But that’s a bummer for sure.

Thanks got it, last question was watching your level 50 dervish eor vid, how you sustain your hp. I’m at your level but I cant seem to life leech as well as you. This is my current 50 https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNY5BOBN

If the link is of the exact setup you have, then I’d suggest adding components to your gear to buff the resistances as high as you can. It would also make sense to choose the second mastery and get prismatic burst and veil to both debuff enemies and add dodge and DA to your char. Once you have balanced defensive stats, the healing from Behemoth and guardian gaze will be sufficient.

So do you still think your new devotion setup is better even after finding out that the damage reduction doesnt stack?

Alas both Yugol’s and Abomination deal so little damage, it’s almost not worth taking them. But we don’t have any other T3 acid/poison constellations, so gotta take at least one of them. I like Yugol’s better still.

but u already mentioned that u took revenant in ur leveling guide. Is it a better alternative?

Both options are comparable in terms of damage/toughness. I’ve been testing Revenant vs Yugol vs Abomination. Even both Yugol and Abomination combined don’t provide a convincing performance boost. So, it’s up to your preferences in the end. There’s also nothing wrong with choosing Revenant and ignoring both acid constellations as your main nuker is still going to be Meteor Shower.

If that is the case, then you could try something a little more unorthodox to profit off that 100% elemental conversion:

With Seeker and a bit of slow resist, more AoM, more cunning, prismatic diamond

Probably can further tweak the stats a bit to increase OA. (more cunning, etc) or put it into spirit for more magic damage. Seeker crits could be nice.

1 Like