[1.1.5.2] From Memes to Magnificence - Cold AAR Mage Hunter - 5:00 Crucible [c+][vid]

Yeah, fair enough! Thanks for the clarity. :slight_smile:

I added a glass cannon version with a 4:18 run for fellow crazy people and updated the build with a slightly better chestpiece.

2 Likes

Amazing results.

Did to try, for laughs if anything, to test cold AAR as it was before that is with no conversion from lightning?

Just about all competitive cold builds these days convert from lightning. Feels like a dumb kid cheating on homework by making his smarter brother do it for him. I mean neither fire nor lightning need to convert from other elements to exist in toptier metaā€¦

1 Like

No, I havenā€™t. Even in my old weaker version I was converting the lightning damage.

I think Ultos proc should be half cold half lightning considering the nodes support them (almost) equally. Itā€™s no surprise cold has to rely on conversion, good pure cold abilities are in short supply.

Very good idea. Lightning gets nerfed. Strongest cold builds donā€™t care. Weaker cold builds get buffed.

How does Cold AAR build compare to lightning one?

I havenā€™t played lightning AAR but Iā€™m pretty sure cold is currently stronger.

1 Like

wait, what skill do you bind revenant and dying god to? Chillspikes or movement?

Amatokā€™s Breath to Revenant, Ravagerā€™s Deathgaze to DG

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great build, trying to put it together now. One question though. How is there enough physique to equip the legguards?

Gear is crafted with physique bonus, can simply put a few more points in phys if you canā€™t do that!

new player here-
i understand this is the final version of the build right? but where is the leveling build for this?
what am i missing? can someone explain?

Endgame build. Never bother with things like levelling guides.

what do you mean?
how do i get all of these crazy items?

Most of the builds here are made by elite Crucible speed runners. Thatā€™s basically what theyā€™re interested in so they GDStash items to mini-max their builds as much as possible.

You get gear by playing the game, farming monster totems, rogue-like dungeons, running Crucible if you have it and/or Shattered Realm if you have the Forgotten Gods expansion.

For levelling you might want to have a look at this beginner build.

Itā€™s for a PRM build rather than AAR, but should be close enough.

so is the starting build capable to farm ultimate? i can farm the end game items with it?

You can play the PRM build if you want and then respec into this one when you have the items needed.

1 Like

You can level differently than the build itself. And honestly cold AAR is possible only end game with the conduit. For leveling AAR, you can go either lightning Mage Hunter or aether Spellbinder.

1 Like

Yeah as long as you get the MI from the amalgamation leveling as AAR is pretty smooth and easy. As nery said you canā€™t level as cold because the conduit is needed.