[1.1.5.2] Plasmo's & spanks' Spite PB Blademaster: Mortred the Phantom Assassin (3:55 buffed/beacon clear; 5:43 naked clear)

don’t forget that the base WD on spite is ~2x that of rancor

I agree. But my OCD gets triggered by imperfect conversion :rofl:

I would much rather see a harsher TDM penalty, but that’s just me being quirky

Not 100%, 40%. But that’s also minor. WD value isn’t high anyway and PB salvo has only 150% WD in it. I’d like to see WD ke[t the same, nerfs to conversion and some bonuses to another skill. 2H weapon exclusive to one skill is kinda meh.

my suggestion is to increase %WD nerf to -80%, and to increase TDM nerf to -70%.

but removing chaos/pierce conversion is viable too.

10% Cast Speed on a mastery combo with cast speed on both ends helps a lot. Allows you to cap cast speed much more easily, therefore you have more options for items and devotions.

I do agree it’s not the main issue here, but it doesn’t help.

Jeez, I look forward to playing the 1.1.6.0 version of this. Cool build.

1 Like

So finally you posted it, I didn’t expect it will be not only fastest naked spec but either fastest buffed build in history. Congratulations!

1 Like

Agreed. But having done several hundred runs with the build, I can tell you that casting speed is inconsequential here past a certain point. Yes, it’ll nab you those few extra seconds, but that doesn’t matter if you’re able to 4-5 shot multiple Nems with buffs/banners.

I’d like to leave the mods to olerons rage alone as it might enable other pierce based spam casters

Spite adjustments were already on the table for v1.1.6.0.

The use of chains was unexpected, but it was also brought to my attention that the penalty is basically broken, and could use updating anyway with modern modifiers.

1 Like

thanks for the heads up, Z.

I think I speak for all the vets when I say that it’s not surprising in the least that spite was bound to get nerfed in 1.1.6.0, what was perhaps surprising to us was how it escaped unscathed in 1.1.5.2 but that’s neither here nor there.

Hopefully I was able to bring to your attention more intimate details of the mechanics which makes Spite as powerful as it is so that it can be rebalanced fairly.

Yes well…we get shit for making changes quickly in hotfixes and apparently we get shit for not, so can’t say I’m losing sleep over it.

Opted to just push the hotfix and go off on holidays, but wait, we don’t test our changes either…guess I got no excuse.

1 Like

In all honesty, I wasn’t being sarcastic when I said that. I can only imagine how tiresome it must’ve been to introduce an overhaul as massive as the one undertaken for blues/greens.

I’m just expressing the initial surprise I felt when I read the patch notes for 1.1.5.2, that’s all.

1 Like

Not directed at you in particular.

2 Likes

Chains penalty is pretty big, especially for classes without Soldier or Oathkeeper. It probably needs to be every 40 secs to have more impact on the gameplay. And the bonuses might be nerfed a little bit.

This belt is very good build enabler. Don’t wanna see it written off the game.

3 Likes

Aw shit, Pierce FW Blademaster. Okay, leave the Oleron’s Rage mod alone.

@banana_peel mate, i’ve initiated the discussion on balancing spite/chains of anguish here:

I’d love to hear your input! <3

@Norzan: TBH, I’ve been toying with the idea of pierce-based acid purge tactician :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder how that’ll work

Can we get a preview of those changes?

Not until 1.1.6.0. drops as usual.

I am afraid it’s gonna another one of those nerfs-but-not-really-nerfs like Spite instead of Rancor or “nerfed” AAR that is still hella op and does 4 minutes.

I don’t think the Oleron’s rage mod is the biggest issue here. It’s the conversions. Just gotta leave this comment from another thread here:

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to send you guys my permission slip.

5 Likes