[1.1.6.1] Belgothian Blademaster 100SR/Celestials/75-76 easy farm (videos)

And why this sarcasm about my build? In your opinion making build able to climb sr100 (and doing it) takes no effort?

That’s what I said but not exactly, just few minutes slower than higher damage type, it’s impossible to fail any 75-76 run with timer off, it’s still very safe and consistent.

That was the first setup, choosed it because of additional armor and I had no problems with resistances. Second and third setup uses chains of oleron. About tainted heart - that can be true, maybe some overcap + cirt + oa could be better than already overkilled defensive stats from crystal.

I was restarting attempts with that mutator :sweat_smile: What is your suggestion to increase crit?

I know they were crazy speedruners and made DA meta drama. Just I said what I saw on their forum, what they wrote here and what my friend with some friends in chinese community told me (very anegdotic but just saying). They are focusing mostly on SR now and most builds are made to go over 80 shard or naked crucible. Meta depends about place too.

https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=恐怖黎明&fr=index here it is but if you don’t know chinese then it’s very hard to navigate. Just “BD” in topic means build usually and you can see some pictures and videos.

1 Like

I like when you feel the need to explain your jokes :smile:

We are not that stupid, we get them, Mr. Chinese non communist.

1 Like

1 Like

No sarcasm. And I didn’t say no effort. Just less.

Pumping everything into cunning, cosmetic devotions + auguments swap, maybe 1-2 items, getting buffs in crucible = more effort taken, changing it back to defensive setup and this additional effort is wasted? Very subjective, maybe just personal preference.

For me (any many others) making build able to handle hardest infinite scaling difficulty with decent damage in 6-10 (even more) hours sitting with very harsh fail penalty which can waste whole many hours effort (very tiresome physically too) is kind of an achievement and hard work involved. Yes, there is penalty in high SR - you can perma reposition bosses or make them spawn so many adds that run is screwed. You have to start from zero again and doing it more than 1-2 times per day is very unhealthy for your body. Seriously is that less effort?

Effort in optimizing builds, yeah. In grinding, ofc no.

BTW I checked out your camera aggro abuse. It works beautifully.

I think climbing past SR 75 (or is it SR 65?) is just as unnecessary as doing 5:30 crucible. So this argument begs the question.

Begging the question , sometimes known by its Latin name petitio principii (meaning assuming the initial point), is a logical fallacy in which the writer or speaker assumes the statement under examination to be true. In other words, begging the question involves using a premise to support itself.

IMO: SR is basically endless because it’s an end game challenge for min/maxers. How far can you climb?

And that’s something I can completely respect.

But the same can be said for crucible speedruns, or hardcore players.

Ok, I withdraw that statement.

I personally think optimizing dmg output requires more knowledge than optimizing defense. But effort is subjective. And I never meant to suggest that optimizing for SR climbs is easy.

Still, doing sub 5 is even harder…

Both are equally hard imo. Every character has a balance point. :slight_smile:

No point being a tank if you can’t kill things, and no point being a glass cannon if you can’t survive.

Don’t disparage your own belgo spec - it’s well designed for what it’s supposed to do :clap:

EDIT: That being said, I do think glass cannons require a LOT more effort to pilot.

To really max dmg you gotta see through the very fabric of GD. Like how to best bind devotions, which skill breakpoints to stick to, is this much oa/crit better than that much flat, is that flat better than this %dmg, when exactly is 1% rr worth one point, which bunch of dmg from which proc is better than the other under which circumstances, how does AoE fit in all of that, etc.

Building for defense is like building a house of cards. It’s not easy, you will fail, gotta try again, be patient, whatever. But building for max dmg is like building a skyscraper. Just won’t do with no engineering degree.

Ok. That’s a fair point.

To further add to your point here…even though a build might technically be more dps-y on paper “with Skill point distribution A,” the crafter may just need to forgo that extra bit of juice because of piloting preferences.

Case and point - @mad_lee’s 10/10 CoF obsession.

In other words, because DPS builds are so much more heavily reliant on piloting skills/styles, crafting a glass cannon requires both solid theorycrafting knowledge + a wealth of empirical data.

Time to necro:

Hey,
I was randomly making a Belgothian Blademaster on grimtools while experimenting with different types of ‘high armor tank’ type builds that can potentially facetank Callagadra and I came out with a really wacky, janky one - but with some potential interesting ideas.

It might have some relevance to this topic, I ended up getting to stats like 7k+ armor and both ~3450 OA and DA with 2 greens + permanent buffs/Pneumatic Burst. It’s really janky, but I think there might be something of value hidden amongst the clutter

grimtools link

Your blego is quite Valiant :smiley:

If it’s of any help, It’s possible to squeeze out more damage but it’s more green infused…you can skip the pants for something else though

i might revisit this concept since i;ve not gotten around to making an updated SR video as well

I hadn’t notived the earth ward on the Valiance Amulet actually. It’s really nice

Man that’s was/is an impressive build in the video - one of the first builds capable of full-on facetanking Callagadra let alone killing her that quickly, and yeah surprisingly the Valiant set impressed me defensively - in a non meme way.

I put it in the build for the armour stacking cheese but it has resists spread out in every category, surprisingly good OA/DA for such a low level set (averages out at 86.25 OA or DA per piece, if you count the set bonus), and really low spirit requirements.

to be fair it was just the test with the purpose of seeing how fast calla can be done with green version, which was the same for crucible as an idea. But since crucible also has a full purple version, you’ve inspired me to do a full purple video. It will have an extra minute kill time probably but that’s normal

1 Like

gonna shamelessly plug my Calla kill. Not as impressive and had to kite at the end a bit, still wasn’t easy to achieve.

I’ve seen that too, also very impressive!

Speaking of Callagadra, I’m really interested in crafting a pure caster, non-retaliation build (that isn’t running Dark One’s 2x Wendigo Totems) that can facetank her - would be really interesting to try since the other categories all seem to have been done.

Atm, I’m thinking a massive -% life leech resistance, SoC-based Cabalist build with the Valguur’s Set (gives extra -8% life leech resistance) might be able to… :thinking:

I have no idea if that is going to work, but sounds squishy on paper. Never really cared enough for building specifically for Celestial fights. Did that once against Cala for my guide and just to get it of the check-list. I wish she had dropped something more than her helmet tho.

Your Dark One Cala killer is pretty cute tho.

1 Like

Personally,

I get bored quickly of climbing SR, or speed running Crucible and often have to switch scenery - but theorycrafting with very niche/stringent requirements is almost always fun for me. That is why making builds for stuff like Crate, and Callagadra is super fun for me.

Totally agreed though, she drops pretty mediocre/niche gear for a super boss if you consider that it is level 94 and has no set bonus :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Another thing that I don’t like about her is that she is easily cheesed by any kind of kiting build which takes some of the excitement out of the achievement of putting Cala down. I think she should be like Ravager, ruthless and almost impossible to kite and drop something like 3-4 legendaries besides her helmet.

Same. Theorycrafting and then making builds into reality is the only fun for me in GD. You should try making all-around builds - it’s a nice challenge (imo, more challenging than building just for something specific like only Cala or only Crucible speedruns or only SR) and you seem to have a knack for making builds.

2 Likes