[1.1.6.2] Beginner's Shadow Strike Infiltrator. Cruise through endgame in faction gear and without keyboard

Hi @banana_peel thanks for the guide!
I’m a newbie and I’ve following this guide and by far this is the most fun to play I had so far (I love lazy build) love the mobility and fast clearing.
I have a question, if I use Deathmarked set, can I still use this skills and devotions setup or I should looking for other build?

Thanks again!

For sure, Deathmarked will work well, too. It will have higher cooldown on Shadow Strike though, be wary of that.

I don’t have specific guide on Deathmarked Infiltrator but you can explore this one [1.1.5.2] Deathmarked reborn: Trickster (cr 4:50) + Blademaster (cr 5:06), SR75+ cold DW melee or any other build on Deathmarked in the compendium. The itemization differs very little because most of the slots are taken by the set and other spots kinda have BiS items.

Thanks for the fast reply!
I’ll try to explore those buld, thank you again for the link.

1 Like

Sir Banana, for us who are not that lazy, what skill would you add

• ABB for Lethal Assault
  • Ring of steel for circle of fumble
  • Inquisitor seal

?

This is my char right now btw https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aklJ3Z

Good day, sir!
All of them:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPERyJN

1 Like

from lazy to piano in no time :wink:

Hehe, nah, that’s not nearly paino :smile:
I myself find it comfortable to have 3 active skills, aside from attack, movement and healing abilities.

If you are wondering what’s the best choice, Inquisitor Seal for defense and ABB for offense. Personally i wouldn’t take the Seal because the overcap on it is not enough to justify standing in one spot.

Hi,

Regarding this ^ , could you link me the skill spec you’d use using those 2 skills?
I’ve got the bare minimum items and I’m just struggling a little bit in the defense, so maybe I could start using those 2.

Also, where do all the Morgoneth pieces drop?
I’m having a reaaaaally hard time in that dungeon, are all the pieces in the final boss?

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Hello!
I’d go with this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25LmKPN

All pieces drop in the new dungeon. You can use the map at grimtools.com where you’ll find the exact location of every item. Simply find the item in the item database and look at the bottom of the list to see where it’s located or who drops it.

Thanks a lot man, I’m running that setup now and I can already feel the difference in the damage :smiley:

Also, let me say that after a couple of years and 10chars, this one was the smoothest and fastest to level up. It’s super fun being fast while dishing a lot of damage and the sustain is incredible too. All the other builds seem dull now :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to see if I can ease through the new dungeon now and farm Morgoneth’s set

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Ill be giving this a shot later, love me a good beginner build with cool, attainable gear options! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Is this build ultimate viable because I tried on ultimate and I got killed a lot…

Yes, it is viable. Almost nothing has been changed for it since 1.1.6.2.

The gt link has one dagger showing without suffix because of affix changes in 1.1.7.0

But the daggers are more likely to drop with appropriate affixes, far better than the link has. I think i’ll make a 20 runs video to show the selection of drops, if i have time.

As for gameplay, it is tricky and you’ll die a lot until you get used to it. But it is risky for lazy gameplay with one hand. The guide and the comment section will tell you how you can improve the tankiness a lot.

If I wanna make this a bit more active - e.g. utilizing more skills - will it get much any actual increased strength from that? I love Shadow Strike and the Inquisitor runes seem interesting to play with. But I also want to play stuff that requires a bit more attention and a several skills to get the best out of.

Lethal Assault will improve dmg output significantly and Ring of Steel will improve defence.

I just got a Ellena’s necklace with +2 Shadow Strike, is this BiS or can anyone tell me how can I know which Ellena is BiS, ty

It’s very good for sure. Dunno about BiS, there are some kickass affixes on amulets, like cdr + Censure points.

Great beginner-friendly build! Helped me a lot tackle rouge-like dungeons.

Right now, I’m working on completing the Morgoneth set. I can reliably kill Scion of Hunger, those magi, and Scion of Famine. Basically anything apart from Morgoneth. For the Morgoneth fight, the problem is my health often gets chipped away by those frostbolts he unleashes, and then he just finishes me by jumping onto me.

Really need advice on build. Any help would be much appreciated!

Build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlwK5p2

Items looks good overall. You need some skill redistribution, like this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BbwEB2
Fighting the boss in the seal will make things much easier.

Next major thing is armor absorption. You need to increase it via Scaled Hide, Living Armor and Sacred Plating. This is mandatory for endgame. I’d say 92% is the minimum you can afford.

Then you need a couple of Skyshard augments on the rings to up your OA. Because right now you are missing hits. Also try to overcap pierce resistance. Btw, you are missing a component on one ring.

Finally, not a fan of your devotion map, it’s all over the place. Try to stick with traditional cold paths aiming for Leviathan or Yugol. Because otherwise you are missing a lot of dmg and dmg is also an important tool for survival.

Thanks a lot! Will definitely try these advice.

It’s really enjoyable reading your posts! Have learned a lot!

1 Like