[1.1.6.2] (Caster) Chaos Unleashed - Chaos Mortars/BWC Pyromancer [c+] [sr+]

Making a Conduit sor supporting chaos mortars as well as introducing new green MI for chaos bwc/thermites was a super-nice thing, and a build made around these skills is also pretty nice (although I’d say Pyran is still stronger even with 4 mortars).
Anyway, there’s another well-working Pyro build.

GRIMTOOLS LINK - CLICK ME
DOWNLOAD LINK - CLICK ME

GEAR EXPLANATION

• Infernal Knight set - BiS choice here, imo, as it boosts bwc and thermites;
  • Offhand - taken for +1 summon limit to Mortars, affixes may be any that suit your build;
  • Medal - another core item with its conversion, also affixes taken for get 24/26 mortars and some extra stats;
  • Gloves - also for +1 summon limit so we can get a total number of 5 mortars.

DEVOTIONS EXPLANATION

• Why taking Revenant when there’s BWC?
    Revenant is here pretty much for lowering racial damage from Undead (Reaper especially).
  • Why no Ghoul?
    I used Ghoul in first specs but then dropped it because of Revenant (and it gave more profit).
  • Isn’t it a good choice to build sth like Tree+Giant for higher regen values and sustain?
    It isn’t. I tried it but haven’t seen any boost in tankiness but lost a part of damage as well.

PROS AND CONS OF THE BUILD

PROS

• Rather smooth and nice gameplay - stay in the middle and throw bwc/place mines and mortars that will do the job;
  • High RR - up to -126%;

CONS

• Reaper of the Lost may be a problem, both in Crucible and SR - so watch out;
  • May seem a bit like a piano build.

PERFORMANCE

CRUCIBLE

SHATTERED REALM

Credits to @AlexGoldFish_322 who also made a similar setup (a bit faster and with some differences) and probably will post it, and to all Safarel Discord Community.

9 Likes

Nice build, I like the chaos Mortars and BwC setup!

Question, since your build don’t have skill with % Weapon Damage, how important is Possesion devotion, for example you can go north for Korvaak or even Tree of Life for extra sustainability boost.

I tried ToL (as I wrote) but wasn’t impressed much. And as for Korvaak, I just don’t like it, it’s probably one of the weakest t3 devotions. And we already have OA shred from bwc.

finally someone post a chaos mortar build, well done!

Mortar/doom bolt is a fun one to try as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good build. I don’t get that Revenant, though. You could get some stats for it, Solemn Watcher for example, or fix 1 red 1 blue somehow (idk, Wretch?) and put the rest in Torch.

Revenant is here mostly because of lowering racial from undead (from Reaper), as w/o it he was a real threat.

Great build! Always nice to see more Pyro casters.

1 Like