[1.1.6.2 - 1.2.0.3] Void inescapable - Black Flame Warlock [sr+] [mi] [vid]

Cool, thanks for replying so fast, that cleared me up :slight_smile:

I made a tanky chaos AAR Warlock and facetanked Ravager with it. I will post it this week or next week. Build has similar items as this one but totally different devo path. I went extremely defensively in devotions. DPS is still OK 180k - 220k depending on Ritual Circle which I have up almost all the time. I went for massive cooldown reduction as well.

Hm, intriguing :slightly_smiling_face:. Will take a look for sure.

Another day, another patch! Here is one of my SR 75-76 runs https://youtu.be/Zwgru01HPBs. Grimtools link https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLXqz5V (some optional gear change allowed to drop Empty Throne and take useful nodes of Aeon constellation).

What to say? I do not know why, but this build began to struggle more. Was it because of my performance, or SR buffs, or just bad luck with mutators? According to changelog, nothing was nerfed, some buff for Sigil of Consumption and minor updates to Serenity and Mark of Mogdrogen component. What a mystery :thinking:.

Patch 1.1.7.1 brought some nerfs to AAR via removing flat Aether damage from Aethereach gloves. Amulet now gives Chaos damage. In sum, total DPS loss for AAR is ~8000 (in my case). Less damage -> less survivability. But build still perseveres in 75-76 SR, just play smart :slightly_smiling_face:. Oh, and we have Trap Resistance on our chest piece now. Some Devotion changes might occur (drop Aeon or Lantern?). For now, though, all remains the same.

Well met, patch 1.1.8.0 :partying_face:! Our Chaos lazer became stronger due to these buffs:

Nerfs were suspiciously small :face_with_raised_eyebrow::

And, of course, global 5% Chaos Resist Reduction is welcomed, especially for classes without innate RR, such as ours :slightly_smiling_face:. Overall, the build was buffed, not to godlike status, but reasonable. Will it persevere next hotfixes? I hope so.

My current setup https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPjyDg2. Decided to try Magi devotion instead of Imp for its Chaos Fissures, as @Superfluff suggested. They are good against single big targets, for AoE Aetherfire is better because of its consistency. Choose whatever you like more. And squeezed Aleksander’s pants to max AAR line.

Well, that is all for now :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

And now, with the release of 1.1.8.1, gifts were taken back. What a rude jest :rofl:

• Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: reverted Chaos damage modifier change for Albrecht’s Aether Ray from v1.1.8.0
  • Tainted Power: reverted % Damage Modifier change from v1.1.8.0

With this in patch 1.1.8.0:

• Disintegration: removed % Aether and % Fire damage

Our Warlock got nerfed again :grin:. Well, at least we have got global RR still.

Hi! Patch 1.1.9.0 hits SR players hard (mostly). This build is not an exeption. As always, we have a traditional AAR nerf:

• Disintegration: reduced % Crit damage scaling with rank to 35% by rank 12, 45% by max ultimate rank

Here is my SR 76 performance. It feels somewhat weird, to be honest. Cannot say what is wrong :man_shrugging:.

Have any ideas?
Anyway, new Grimtools link was added. Nothing exeptional, this is an “old” Chaos Fissures setup with softcapped Fabric of Reality skill (I took points from Iskandra line since their value were diminished).

Have a nice day!

where can I find? :slight_smile:

In the OP as usual.

there are so many GT links there, which one is new and used in video?

The last GT link is the new one.

2 Likes

The last one with Chaos Volcanoes :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Damn thee Crate, AAR was perfectly fine ;-;

How about trying Mark of Ulzuin? Flat fire to AAR is converted to Chaos.

Is Fiend bad and not worth taking?

1 Like

That is good idea with that medal, because the lightning conversion is useless anyway thanks to AAR transmuter

Yes, it is possible (another Chaos AAR build used that medal, if I remember correctly. Look in Compendium). I prefer my current medal though.

You can take Fiend, Imp, Magi - all are good. Again, it is up to personal preferences and available optional gear.

This one [1.1.7.2-1.1.8.0] Chaos Ray Warlock (SR 100, 4:48 Fastest Crucible, Crate, Callagadra, Ravager of Minds) uses Ulzuin medal.

Patch 1.1.9.1 does not contain any changes for this build :slightly_smiling_face:. And no AAR nerfs… strange.

Hello again, my Chaotic friends :slightly_smiling_face:. Time to blow some dust from this old build of mine and see if it is still fit for current 1.1.9.6 patch.

The main topic was updated with new Grimtools link, as well as some information adjustment. Offensive and defensive setups were obsolete, so I removed them for good. Sorry if someone used them to make their own AAR obliterators :sweat_smile:. Oh, and here is SR 75 video in 1.1.9.6 patch, of course (a little bit rusty, forgot how to play AAR builds properly :grin:).

Damage is okay, somewhat squishy for SR75+, most comfortable for 65-66 range farming. The rest of endgame content should not be much harder.

What more to say? Just play and see. Have fun :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes