[1.1.7.1] Twilight’s Duality – DW Melee Aether/Chaos Fire Strike Sorcerer (SR65+)

The Build

With all permanent buffs activated and under the effects of Arcane Will & Hungering Void.

GRIMTOOLS

This is my approach to a build that I have never seen posted online. I thought up this build after seeing a recent thread for the Twilight Spinner Templar by @Duchy. That build gave me an idea to try it out as a DW melee Sorcerer to utilize the combination -% Aether/Chaos RR on Hellfire Mine.

Dual Damage builds are always welcome in my book and as it turns out, it looks great and plays great! Weapon Damage is pretty solid and all the Defensive procs make for the pretty good character.

Build Features

Upsides:

• Hybrid Aether/Chaos with up to -107% RR for both Damages!

• Great sustain and Attack Speed

• Loads of Defensive layers

• Build does not require specific affixes on MI item

Downsides:

• Only 47% WPS

• Only one movement skill

• Uncapped Run Speed

Equipment Choices

Try to get maximum Elemental to Aether/Chaos conversion and be sure to craft the Pants for +% Physique.

Core Items:

• Set: Shattered Guardian. [Great set all-around for class combos or damage types without dedicated sets]

• Weapons: Mythical Twilight’s Veil. [Solid Attack Speed, dual damage and nice conversions]

• Belt: Chains of Ygraad. [~50% Vitality to Aether conversion, +1 Arcanist - affixes don’t matter!]

• Medal: Mythical Korvaak’s Brand. [Needed to DW, nice added 15% WPS skill]

Using the above items will get you 100% Elemental to Aether/Chaos. With all the combined Hybrid RR as well as 22/12 Fabric of Reality, you can deal out decent damage which will not be easily resisted.

Supporting Items:

• Rings: Mythical Entropic Coil. [Flat Chaos, Attack Speed, Poison & Acid/Vitality Resitances, +2 Hellfire Mine]

• Pants: Mythical Arcane Harmony Leggings. [Huge +DA/+Spirit are needed here]

• Gloves: Krieg’s Grip. [Flat Aether, Attack Speed]

• Boots: Mythical Timewarped Walker’s. [Dual Damage, nice Resistances, +2 Hellfire Mine and a nice Slow proc]

• Relic: Agrivix’s Malice. [+1 Arcanist, nice Damage/Attack Speed, nice proc]

• Movement Rune: Chaos Strike. [Used to reduce damage from single heavy hitters.]

Devotions

Best Setup:

• Aetherfire > Fire Strike

• Arcane Bomb > Flashbang

• Eldritch Fire > Thermite Mine

• Raise the Dead > Chaos Strike

• Hungering Void > Callidor’s Tempest

• Ghoulish Hunger > Any permanent buff

• Spear of the Heavens > Any permanent buff

Build Performance

Shattered Realm:

The build is SR65+, maybe higher. I only checked to see if it’s possible.

Crucible:

I don’t play Crucible, so I’m not sure how it will perform. I am attaching the save file if anybody wants to take a stab at it. Since the build is SR65+ I imagine it can complete 170, but I’m not sure of the time and the buffs/banners required.

Enjoy my take on a Aether/Chaos DW FS Sorcerer!

10 Likes

I have theorycrafted a long time ago very similar build but with Warlock. I have not tried it yet.

What’s the GT link look like?

I thought about Warlock for a hot minute, but the problem is the lack of huge amounts of flat damage going through the blades when compared to Chaos DW builds. That loss of the massive amount of -% Aether/Chaos RR really hurts and you lose out on 2 good Defensive skills with Blast Shield and Flashbang’s Fumble.

Hmmm, interesting hybrid taking advantage of % total damage boost from SR set and pants and RR from Hellfire Mines, nice! And also hybridizing melee/caster style.

Devotion map is kinda tricky, since chaos/aether isn’t suitable combo there but Idk. Dying God/Korvaak or even Spear might be possible. I could try it in Crucible but my laptop is very laggy, doubt will do it much justice :sweat_smile:

I think with his original build the aoe dmg is quite terrible (both mastery have no WPS), agrivix relic is much more better but we have less chance to survive, though dmg still low, focus more in aether may better (the dagger used has pure aether dmg).

1 Like

I made some changes and updates including using Agrivix’s Malice relic (great suggestion!), working in Hungering Void, Spear of the Heavens, Raise the Dead and Aetherfire Devotion procs. More WD here and more Damage overall. This comes at the trade-off of loosing the Serenity proc as well as about 100 DA.

Well worth it though! :sunglasses: