[1.1.8.0] Budget physical Forcewave Warlord

You can do easily do “put points into physique to equip armor and dump everything else into cunning”. If anything, it makes leveling faster because you miss far less and do more damage.

1 Like

But is it possible to miss with Forcewave?

Yes, but it doesn’t show the miss from missing attacks. I think this applies to all skills immune to fumble and impaired aim.

1 Like

Yes, you always have to check OA against monsters DA. ALL skills that deals damage in grim dawn has to do this. Also there is fumble… but no OA in the world can save you from that.

For leveling it does not really matter, you will get attribute respec potions later on. I just try to keep like 10 or so points non spent in case I get some amulet or ring that require spirit, and then rest physique (maybe some cunning now and then) it depends on how I feel.

Here is a slightly alterated version with another devotion, ascension, anotther weapon, gloves that you will find at least 3-4 pairs of while leveling, blue legs, another faction boot and chest, MI belt with easy rolls and weapon with casting speed. Another helmet component, some other augments… just to show you that you can do other versions of this build too, it depends on what you find etc. Here we got +20% more physical resistances :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zBJrA2

1 Like

Thank you @Ulvar1 and @Norzan you guys are awesome! (And the community!)

My current SSF char (storm totem druid) hit level 82, have 28 unspent attributes.
Facetanked elite Kymon and Korvaak and Master of flesh like nothing (probably because she has 2k armor already… trying an unconventional “HC-esque” approach)

1 Like

tested it now with the final build posted above (for the first time) - and it was possible to kill Lokarr with relative ease (2-3 tonics of mending, but nothing else - just don’t try to facetank him if you tonic of mending is on cooldown and you see your health going down)

added a zip of the final build to the Character Snapshots section

1 Like

Thank you! Also, is mythical Stonefist Rebuke better than a good Obsidian Cleaver?

the shared engame builds use rather often a mythical Stonefist Rebuke - so I would guess that the answer is yes (endgame builds are not my area of expertise, so sorry, but I can’t provide a more definitve answer)

1 Like

Oh no problem! Was just curious because I actually have the myth sf rebuke, I guess when I level up the build I can test it vs the cleaver.

1 Like

Stonefist rebuke is better than even a fantasy rolled war cleaver for endgame.

btw @The_Coyote thanks for the save! I died 3 times in a row against Lokarr, so I grabbed Ascension https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDP3O8Z and it was way smoother.

3 Likes

Well, only tried it once, so might have had lucky mutators - but had no real issue in that try. Will tone down the formulation under Performance (with ease to possible) :dunno:

In my try, the first third of his hitpoints was pure facetanking using all skills (with a bit of repositioning as Lokarr did not stand still) - than I had to disengange a bit and moved to a facetanking hit and run tactic (attacking, if there was to much ongoing on the spot, moving to a different spot) - with more confidence if a tonic of mending was not on cooldown. If health was down (at or below 50%) and no tonic of mending was available - running a bit around to wait for the cooldown [was 2 or 3 times necessary]. But there was no real critical situation in my try (but I had stuns or slow down which were noticable and could have likely lead to a critical situation with a bit less luck)

Ascension is btw a victim of the same - not logical explainable - “principle” that affects also Fighting Spirit, so you will see it rarely taken in my builds :innocent:

2 Likes

I think I know what wrongs I did with your version coyote, I forgot build had no ghoul xD

One can also try to increase menhir will a few more points for some cooldown reduction, can help when cycling through hp potions too.

2 Likes

Hello and thanks for this amazing build guide! I have a couple questions for you-I have +5 to all skills for soldier, should I invest a point in blindside for the 150 reduction to enemy DA? Also, what are your best recommendations for endgame equipment? Just so I have something to work towards improving. Or with the stats provided by the gear is the build pretty much at its peak potential-wise?

The OA itself is not that bad, so imho Blindside is not imperative - but would also do not harm. Not using Blitz and Blindside here was just personal preference.

This guide is intended to be more or less a standard 2h Forcewave Warlord guide (there was imho one before which was however deleted - so this guide should only fill the gap), there was no specific endgame build in mind - just having a nice and relative stable levelling experience. So, more or less, all engame Warlords are possible target builds (spinner, retaliation), forcewave builds are e.g. [1.1.6.0] Physical Forcewave Warlord sr100/75-76 easy farm/celestials - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum and [1.1.9.0] Physical Forcewave spammig Warlord - Grim Dawn / Classes, Skills and Builds - Crate Entertainment Forum

2 Likes

Ty for the guide Coyote. As somebody who has just come back to the game recently and who is starting from scratch, ie: No items, recipes…etc, this was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for to get a FW Warlord up and running.

Currently levelling a pet conjurer atm which I’ll use to hopefully farm up some of the more useful recipes again like Seal of Blades / Might but then I’ll be giving this a go ASAP.

1 Like

Будет ли работать отжор на героя с Медведя от стражей Эмпириона?

Awesome guide! Can you or someone else kindly provide a Kraken-based devotion selection please?

There is one in the opening post - e.g. you can find the grimtools link under devotions (it is not a step by step list, but a potential final setup)

1 Like

Oops, my bad. Somehow I’ve glossed over that part. Thanks!