[1.1.8.1*] Lightning AAR Mage Hunter no set , CR+/SR 85

• When you play lightning ray build and lacks certain levels of creativity, but you are so strong

Introduction

Lightning is very strong damage type for AAR and Mage Hunter is the class for it. This is also known as the ‘‘green AAR’’ build since it literally screams to use these MI items. Often builds used like 5-6 MI, I cut it to 2, but with BiS affixes-scepter+off hand. Off hand is must, Scepter is nice, but mot irreplaceable. Affixes on both are made with GD stash and are not realistic.

Before I continue forward credit to:

• @mad_lee and @sir_spanksalot for helping me with this build and of course everyone else posted AAR MH, since it’s not new concept.

• *Build is remade in 1.1.8.1, cause it had too many different versions. This one is great all-around. It was originally posted in 1.1.4.2 and updated in 1.1.5.2.

Build

GRIM TOOLS :arrow_right: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAmGeDV

Gear:

• Weapon and Off-hand are they key items here, I used pretty insane affixes on them, unlike the shoulders. Sandstorm on off-hand really improves the defensive capabilities of the build.

• I used Arcane harmony legs for spirit and disrupt. As whole this build benefit from items with spirit, since you can make big spirit dump. Also skill disruption resistance is nice, even if disruption is rare.

• Belt+Rings are converting all the aether damage to lightning, very cool also for Spear dealing mono damage type.

• Chest is Fatewaver, got everything you need, resistances, physical res and spirit+energy regen. Shoulders are Log, Dawnshard are also good. Boots are Wyrmscale. Grey magi are decent too, but OA+stun resistance makes this better. Also bonus to censure and damage absorb proc, how sweat!

Medal is shadow queen, gives useful resistances and OA, also bonus - to Censure. Relic is Iskandra, some people may want here Eternity or Combustion, personally thinks Iskandra is the best for any spamming Arcanist build. Amulet is must for lightning AAR build.

Devotions:

Ultos+Spear offensively is so good. Spear deals with AoE sideways, where your ray can’t deal damage and it kills stragglers along with Ultos. For flat RR proc is used Revenant.

Note; You can pick Quill+Elemental Storm over Revenant+Ghoul, but defensively is lot more risky and I think it’s not worth it.

Performance

In Crucible build is very sturdy, so I even took @AlkamosHater route of 2 buffs, 3x Beacons and 1 Vanguard banner. I recommend 3 buffs + 4 beacons for consistency. Some great time of 4:34!

Build is good for 75/76 farming, I did 85 as well, video:

Also Moggy the super boss, time is slow though + Crucible naked with extra spawns:

7 Likes

Nice one mate. 2 things - beyond 9/10, vigor and conversion give you diminishing return.

Same with mirror beyind 7/12. IMO mirror is either 7/12, or 12/12.

Just some minor suggestions!

2 Likes

OK, thanks. Mirror indeed can free some space, since isn’t really needed often.

1 Like

Did anyone ask for more DPS?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLnnDMN

I don’t think you’d even need conversion in buffed bannered runs since you can get CC-res from buff.

@Nery: leave conversion @ 6/10 then

1 Like

You can’t get more slow :slightly_frowning_face:

Added crazy DPS tweaked version by @sir_spanksalot

1 Like

Dem 300k crits <33333

1 Like

Yikes, that’s are lot of threes! And zeros and damage.

I tried it with spellshock tome. It was fucking hilarious, but also really scary because of the lost of lifesteal. :stuck_out_tongue:

@nery: I still laugh at the first second of the video, when all the wraiths got melted

1 Like

+1 is nice, simultaneous death ray :wilted_flower:

1 Like

:zantai::zantai::zantai:

Better to live short and memorable than to live long and suffer.

Not a very appropriate talk :smile:

2 Likes

Now im scared.

1 Like

Now I need a build to reliably farm Ravager :smiley:

Why you need Ghoul in this build? AAR has 0% weapon attack (at least in this setup)?

Mad Lee’s Conjurer maybe? Or use Light Defender set. I know you level it with Malawiglenn build, so you have DPS potential monster, or resilient caster. Mage hunter with off hand packs quite a punch and survives off the damage!

EDIT Ghoul gives physical resistance and also life steals through Ultos and Spear procs.

1 Like

@garfunkel: It’s been proven repeatedly that ghoul/bat combo is essential for sustaining caster builds with little to no sustain.

The biggest difference here is just the sheer DPS output lightning AAR can do, making the adcth on it more than sufficient.

1 Like

Yes i started my Lightning AAR MH following Malawiglenn’s guide but now it is level 100 and I 've made some changes to the build. Found M.Storm Shepherd and one Glyph of the Storm Witch ring.
So many versions of AAR Lightning MH build has been posted lately! Can’t decide which one to base my character on :slight_smile: I love GD diversity even in the seemingly same build

1 Like

Yup. Every single build can be made differently, even with the same items as seen here with nery’s build vs. mine.

Don’t forget that the key is to tailor it to your preference, and for your goals.

E.g. I’d never use that DPS glass cannon build I did for naked crucible.

nice build, i was thinking of this as well. The only difference being that i was searching for an item to convert the aether to lightning as well but i guess that is not possible.

This build have full 100% aether to lightning, rings combine for 50% and belt have 50%. So sheet DPS is sick-100% full lightning Ray!

1 Like