[1.1.5.2] 9 faction items challenge abominations - Lightning AAR Mage Hunter and Spite Blademaster

Introduction

I learned seeing @Stupid_Dragon Infiltrator that there’s challenge made in Russian discord about builds doing Gladiator 170 and SR 65 with 9 faction items, so decided to abuse the rules naturally :smile:

Here’s my monster builds having exactly 9 faction based gear or crafts. It’s always fun to impose/self impose challenges when making builds!

Mage Hunter Build

GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jxn54Z

Faction items are:

• ring 1
  • ring 2
  • amulet
  • medal
  • helm(counted)
  • belt
  • boots
  • shoulders
  • chest

Total of 5 random affixes 3 yellow and 2 green.

Crucible video of staggering 6:20!

SR 65 boss shard:

Build with full gear:

File for downloading:

_MatrixX.zip (1.3 MB)

Blademaster Build

GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dnXMAZ

Faction items are:

• Spite obviously
  • ring 1
  • ring 2
  • medal
  • amulet
  • belt
  • shoulders
  • boots
  • helm

Crucible video of 6:07!

SR video boss chunk 65. I died actually once trying to facetank whole wave :sweat_smile:

Topic for fully blown end game monster build!

File for download:

_Khan Krum.zip (1.2 MB)

5 Likes

Nice budget builds, Nery!

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

On your Mage Hunter (+Spirit, I know) + just half of Aether converted and AAR still destroys! Where are the people that were against nerfing base skill itself now, I wonder :rofl:

Imo, ditch Barbaros for Arcane Harmony on Blademaster for full Cunning dump!

2 Likes

Thanks!

I noticed low damage modifier on MH, hence the spirit dump. To be honest even fully geared builds have 2.1k-2.2k and I choose to not make it glass canon with Elemental Storm.

Probably will post fire version, which is good despite haven’t good lucky mutators and Plasmo is master of all AAR builds and he can make cold and chaos version do 5 minutes or so. Base damage indeed is too much but in the feedback topic basically only I and you thought so…

BM is balanced too, physical resistance will be too low to my taste without Barbaros but full cunning dump may lead to sub 6 minutes, which is crazy considering the concept.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but, how exactly does the Fettan Mask count as a “faction” item? You’re gonna have to explain that to me.

1 Like

According to Stupid Dragon post it does count.

Actually you can have Fettan mask drop from urn in FG content every single game, thus is equal to faction gear, you are guaranteed to drop it.

1 Like

Same for Leovinus’ Ring and the Totally Normal shields then I guess.

Leovinus is a guy though, not a ring :smile:

I am not familiar with the rules, just some nice challenge but it makes sense about others easy to get items like these you listed or Skinner’s ring and Bone Talisman relic.

1 Like

No, it’s a ring.

Always get it from the same place in the game.

He is a guy and Leovinus’ ring is his ring. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, was just joking, ring was named after him.

Probably only he should used it and say ‘‘my precious’’ :wink:

Hehe
Pretty good budged builds! Will link this thread under my ALR and spite BM videos.

1 Like

Thanks for the great builds. Particularly the Spite one. As I’ve always been interested in builds made around faction legendary items like that sword.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment!

Spite is monster powerful item, it’s expected to be good, Desolator Purifier with similar items is good too. Maybe will try my hand at similar setups. Rancor Blade Arc maybe?

1 Like

Are you reading my thoughts ? :smiley: Just not long ago a friend of mine asked me for a noob frienldy Blade Arc (the skill he liked very much) build with faction or no so hard to find items. I couldn’t find one and I"m not that good at creating new builds either. Not necessary faction items, any farmable greens like MI belts and so on will do.

1 Like

Rancor Warder with Bleeding damage as main and maybe pierce as secondary, have to look budget gear to see what’s supported but I don’t think there are many items for bleeding damage. Pierce is option too, doing Blademaster build, it’s gonna be similar to the Spite build with exact same jewels, belt and helmet.

1 Like

I just wanted to ask why Rancor? Is it because of its huge CDR?

1 Like

Rancor is faction recipe bought weapon, actually for 2H builds Nadaan is better. But Rancor have higher damage base and CDR is good stat. So it’s worth it. Although there’s interested new MI weapon for Blade Arc, worth exploring perhaps :thinking:

1 Like

Hello.

Sorry for the delay, I’ve got busy IRL.

To cut the long story short, yesterday was supposed to be the last day when you could apply for the challenge. I did spot your thread since you pinged me in time and tried to relay it, but at the same time we got a bit of a turmoil going on - the challengemaker who threw the gauntlet got banned from the channel, for reasons I don’t know but can imagine - it’s not the first time. It didn’t look to me like the challenge would remain relevant after that incident but I was wrong - the challengemaker just moved to another discord and decided on the victor two hours later.

The winner is the author of these three builds:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLmeadZ
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDwy9wV
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62adbkkN

So, uh, sorry I guess? ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Things happened a bit too fast.

The guy decided to go with the next challenge and the rules are:

• Use one of these sets: Dreeg, Runebinder, Diviner, Rimetongue, Deathguard, Spellscrooge, Luminari, Mogdrogen, Unseeing Eye, Myrmidon, Sharpshooter, Corruptor, Flamekeeper, Covenant, Markovian.
  • Has to be FULL set
  • SR65, CR170

If anyone wants to participate for giggles I’d relay your build (or try at least…)

2 Likes

meh. 2 builds with Counduit amulet. What’s the purpose for faction gear challenge then :smiley:

1 Like

You know, I basically said the same thing back when the challenge just begun, and even made a troll GT to make fun of it (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZw4EbnN), but the challengemaker wasn’t confused even one bit.

So yeah, it was a challenge of who does the best job of circumventing the 9 faction items rule. The declared goal had beginners in mind, but here we are.

1 Like