[1.1.8.1] MIra - Desolator Savagery Vindicator (SR80)

:telescope: Hi and welcome one more build post of mine. This is like part 2 of my two hand range vindicator from here: [1.1.8.1] Zavageryyy - Elgoloth Ranged Vindicator (SR80) . Also valinov posted in that thread something insane that he wanted to try. Problem with elgoloth build was aoe, but strong part huge single target damage. Idea with current build was to make better Aoe with ranged savagery using desolator rifle.

:handbag: I had a vindicator from long time ago that I decided to play around with. I do not use GD stash for making my builds and I reseted my account as patch 1.1.7 so for this char I had to dig up from the grave (old save folder lol). Name “MIra” came from the idea what I back then wanted to make build that used as many MI items as possible lol. Also English is not my best language but perhaps you guys and girls understand.

:point_right: :point_right: GrimTools link https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jDx14Z :point_left: :point_left:

Stat picture with everything up.

:crossed_swords: Items:

• I used kaisan amulets for crowd resistance. This was amongst my best and are hard to farm. Perhaps you can change them to others and changing augments for resists.
  • Justice set 3 pieces for flat fire damage. Maybe chest and shoulder with lightning to fire conversions are better? And then mythical obsidian grips as gloves?
  • rings eternal pyre for conversions, I used the ones I had with highest conversion rolls.
  • korvaak helmet for speed to savagery and skill points
  • belt for skills
  • pants for defense
  • medal for speed and damage and oa
  • relic I took bane for flat fire and oa also some life steal
  • Desolator rifle, passing through and has more weapon damage to bursting rounds.
  • seal of void in rifle for more aoe. Perhaps seal of blades is better for survival when facing one bosses?

:dizzy: Skills:

• Bursting round maxxed, points in storm spread to get 4 (8 with 2h ranged) projectile.

:star: Devotions:

• Just all in fire damage basically. Ghoul for circut break.

:medal_sports: Performance:
Can do SR 80 but is not as easy as with lightning elgoloth savagery version. But, here the roles are opposite, the shards are quite simple thanks to huge aoe but boss room takes time due to low single target damage. Also life steal is not high because of low single damage which means survival can be issue.

SR 65 - 66 farmings are fine, faster and smoother than lightning elgoloth savagery version.

SR80 done.

Crucible not played because takes time for me to get to 150. But should be good, maybe around 5 mins? Perhaps I take like a crucibal week or something soon? :slight_smile:

:speech_balloon: This concludes build, thanks for reading let me know if you have questions or suggestions of improvements.

5 Likes

Nice! Have to watch the video but I’d expect this to perform considerably better than elgoloth in crucible.

1 Like

I have no video, if I make crucibal week I can try record. Is youtube best for uploads?

He there, nice to see the helmet used in a ranged build.

I combiened a couple of previous build into one elemental proc ranged purifier:

This is my current version of the build, only the MI is different:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAbx47Z
It relies mostly on fire strike and brimstone. The rings increase the AOE actually a lot.

1 Like

@eisschollee nice, I actually dropped that rifle with those affixes like 3 days ago! Perhaps too low health for my taste but should be fine for crucibal. Those rings are very good, it is like an extra strom spread wps

You should make Cold Savagery Vindicator next :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could try lol, not fan of cold ranged. I can check if I can try. Need to dig up yet another vindicator from my “grave” lol. Think one can make strong build actually.

EDIT: perhaps something like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1eL1nV

EDIT 2: I was bored so theory crafted this aether version too https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK1jn8V crafting with cc resistances needed. Or take stormcaller pact for the crits and stun res, or primal bond for safe?

Aether one is probably not worth it because Shaman doesnt have any Aether RR, even with items. It’s a totally wasted mastery, you better just switch it for Demolitionist or Oathkeeper…
Cold one might be passable, after some polishing (though it will probably be inferior to fire anyways). Why Dreadchill Mark, when there is a dedicated Vindicator’s cold MI - Ilgor’s Eternal Curse.? And i think you should max your WPS too.

As for you Fire build - the idea is good, but implementation is a bit lacking. Why in the hell you DONT use Chilling Rounds? It’s one of the strongest inquisitor’s WPS and it also adds AoE via pass through. Component’s WPS isnt that good due to no pass through, low %chance and low AoE. And if you really want extra AoE, you should get rid of Storm Spread first, because it’s essentially a single-target shotgun attack. and use something like Shadowflame Mantle or Plunderer’s Talisman (the former has both AoE and pass through, even). And why have more cunning than your rifle requires?
Overall, i tried to make my own setup with items i had in my stash: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLAPxLZ.
(might require to change some components on gear, as i ran short of resources to craft “expensive” ones ATM)

Ulvar hasn’t been on the forum for almost 2 years now so he won’t respond to you.
Yes, old builds like this 1.1.8.1 one are not up-to-date, all items were different then, the game was different then.
If you’re looking at this Grim Tools now it’s no the same as it was then because items are not snap-shotted.

I think it’s better to just make a new up-to-date build guide instead of reviving 2.5 years old thread.
Obviously if Ulvar were still with us today, updating his builds and developing as a player,
this would look completely different. Just let him rest in piece.

1 Like

Side note but does anyone know what happened to him? IIRC his departure was rather sudden. Hope he’s ok., cause it’s been like you said over 2 years.

Nobody knows unfortunately. I also wonder because I liked him. We were working on some beginner builds in PMs.

1 Like

It’s a shame such a cool build doesnt get updated. I like explosions everywhere with just a right-click!

Take it for a spin and try to improve it. :wink:

1 Like

I already did (you can see my setup above).
As for theorycrafting BiS setup - sorry, that’s not for me. I’m working only with items i’ve found myself (yes, that double-rare fire MI amulet DID dropped in Sacred Grove some time ago and i finally put it to use).
Overall, i’ve made a decent build, but lightning one with Evoker of Elgoloth still has significantly more DPS. Fire build just lacks proper itemization (it isnt that easy to get lightning->fire conversion), lacks damage bonus from Savagery and doesnt have proper weapon and jewelry augments with flat fire damage.
But it looks cool with all those fire-themed procs over the screen and its AoE is a bit better.

1 Like