[1.1.8.1] Physical Retaliation Warlord (3 builds, EoR included) -> Crucible 4:30-4:55/ SR 105-110/ Ravager 0:48-1:12 + Callagadra 0:54-1:33 + Crate boss facetank/ 75-76 farmer / Bonus SR 135 video with tank setup

So most item bonuses aren’t exactly the same everytime you drop it. You can have higher that what grimtools say or lower. What’s in grimtools are the average values

perhaps also used some pots

Hello, I am glad you like my build! As guys above said, character ingame sometimes may have slighty other values than in grimtools. GT shows average values so you can have sometimes higher/lower health, resistances, damage etc. It does not really matter so do not worry about it. Feel free to ask questions if you need some help :wink:

I understand, thank you very much

How would you recommend to level this build?

I would go with classic way: 2h forcewave.

The reason is that retaliations are most gear demanding builds that works great basically only after you reached end-game and invested into them a lot. However it should be possible to level with physical retaliation itself - with full Perdition set (since level 40) + Ugdenbog Girdle (since level 40, highest acid->phys conversion recommended). I read some players opinions that it’s comfortable but I don’t know any guide with step-by-step to do that.

So:

1. If you are beginner go with guide linked above.
  2. If you are more experienced and got some gear already then you can always make an attempt to level with retaliation and eventually switch into forcewave if it fails.

Thanks, I will level with 2H Forcewave then.

Got only the mythical version of Perdition set and I dont want to be stuck mid-leveling.

1 Like

Just hit level 94. Worked like a charm with 2H Forcewave. If you had to, what would you use instead of Thornhide Legguards and Stoneguard Ward?

I plan to farm a bit of Dungeons and lower SRs now to get missing legendaries.

Instead of Thornhide you can use any other pants with retaliation damage or just some greens with multiresistances + OA/DA/of the wolf.
Same for amulet - something with retal (but without physical converted into x, Avenger of Cairn is best) or just skill points. For lower SR or dungeons it will still works okay.

Notice Stoneguard set is craftable and you can change some part of the set (like belt into amulet) in Conclave, there is NPC for it. Maybe you got blueprint already? Or you have additional stoneguard belt/weapon in your chest?

1 Like

First. I am big fan of your retal builds.
I made a warlord, but can even nearly touch your kill time numbers.
What’s your sheet dps?

1 Like

Thank you, I am glad you like my builds. Do not look at sheet dps, it tells nothing on retals, however I played with top rolls on gear so kill times are that fast.
Could you give GT link of your build?

Thanks for the response. I’ll send you a link when I am at home again.
The shield u are using is ridiculous. Impossible to get in the legit way. Crazy numbers.
However I defeat calla with 55 phys res and 5k armor. But it took around 4-5 minutes.

1 Like

Overlord of thorns is easier to get since some of the last patches because it’s single rare with retaliation + retaliation. One Malmouth vendor is trading these shields, you can reset him and eventually get it.
For celestial kill times you need high oa, 3.2k at least but 3.3-3.4k way better, otherwise you do not proc assassin’s mark enough.

1 Like

I am having a lot of fun with the Stoneguard build. By far the strongest character I have ever played. Thanks a lot for the guide.

For reference, here is my current setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25mglB2

I am still looking for Ring of Sethris, just because I need Nightbringer on another build and it’s in the same dungeon.

1 Like

You have already nice setup! You should aim for 26/26 Counter Strike at the end, without green affixes you can do like that:

1. Ring of Sethris (already in progress as you said).
  2. Boots changed for Mythical Stormtitan Threads or Mythical Turin’s Step (both got +2 Counter strike).
  3. Gloves for Mythical Blacksteel Gauntlets (+2 Counter strike).

After having all skill points and gear you can reset attributes and try to spend every single point into Cunning (after gear requirements done) to increase your OA. OA can be maximized with skill points too, after reaching 26/26 CS you can post GT again if you need any help :wink:

You have 27/22 Retribution too, it’s overcaped so unspent points from it.

1 Like

Thanks.

I applied some of your feedback: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1e0emV

By the way … how do I get the remaining Attribute and Skill points (GT says I have some to spend)?

Meanwhile I continue farming Morgoneth dungeon.

Attirbute points you can remain with special elixir: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8917

It’s prize for some quests and tons of them drop in SR - but do not feel pressure, it’s just for final min-maxing. Skill points you can remain with some NPCs with book icon, like these into Conclave or Coven.

Try to finish all skill/attribute points quests - GT says you are missing them. You can check them there: https://www.grimtools.com/checklist/quests/ultimate

Ok, thanks. I got all the points now.

Still no Ring of Sethris but I reached SR50.

I know, this is a bit off topic but what is a good SR shard to farm items? Also, how many shards do I do per run? Is there a certain strategy?

SR 65-66 is fast and good; no need for doing more than 2 shards in one session. Time and loot increase doesn’t correlate in same way so extra shards brings not that much loot and takes much much more time. Though when you have a solid top-tier build that can reliably farm 75-76 in a fast way; that would be the best way to farm. But even very good builds can be vulnerable with some mutators/boss combinations in 75-76 so you need a really solid build so you don’t waste time or lose loot by dying.

1 Like

Grind your way into shard 75 (pass it once to have checkpoint) and then you can farm 75-76. Just pass 75, 76 and then take a rewards, always 2 shards in row. Builds that go sr100+ can take all bosses at once without pulling 1vs1 from my experience and pass it no matter what is boss combo or mutators.

1 Like