[1.1.8.1] Ravenous Earth Oppressors - Physical & Acid variants (SR65)

let me know how build goes I wish you luck

perhaps I try SR set caster version at some point, always good back-up plan to make tanky builds lol

Hi how is your ravenous build going?

As dead as dinosaur.

Died at 79 HC on Log. The death still kinda confuses me since I was over capped on all res, with over 20% phys res, over 10k health overguard and obelisk, a crap ton of leech from ADCtH, wendigo, bat. Died in a space of less then 2 secs for sure. Not even enough time to pot. Was during his second stage. From memory it look as if I got 2 hit while rolling a string of fumbles at a bad time.

Takes a long time to level now a days from burn out and life.

The only plus side was I didnā€™t die with any of the gear (which isnā€™t much since I only recently started HC again after 2 years).

On the fence if I will try again or another character for that matter.

1 Like

Sad to hear. With you luck with next build!

Not sure what you mean, some dinosaurs are still fine and shit on my balcony :wink:

3 Likes

I heard dinosaurs skeletons were put in rocks to test our faith :wink:

1 Like

:clap:, T. rex?

/10 char

T Rex would leave a Physical RE dump right there

That was :crate:'s inspiration FACT

3 Likes

I made update including acid variant too, see second entry

1 Like

Hey @Ulvar1 pretty cool build. Iā€™m very curious about a physical ravenous earth build and this one looks awesome.

Although, I did some theorycrafting myself and came up with this Death Knight version of it that seems to be more durable, but with difficult items to get (especially the shield), less energy and less OA.

It has decent armor, blocking, damage blocked, DA, unbuffed 51% physical damage reduction, damage absorption and it utilizes the Maul devotion skill which reduces targetā€™s armor for -30% - pair this with the physical resistance reduction of War Cryā€™s Break Moral and the resistance reduction from Ravenous Earth Foul Eruption and we can get a maximum of 66 physical resistance reduction. Sum that to the awesome -29% Physical Resistance from Spectral Binding and -32% Physical Resistance from Assassinā€™s Mark (devotion skill) and thatā€™s a total of -61% Physical Resistance. The blocking also plays a steady role on dealing raw physical damage from skills like Targoā€™s Hammer (devotion skill) which has 33% chance to cast on each block; 15% chance on block to cast Counterblow (medal slot); 30% chance on block to cast Seismic Blast (shield) and finally 15% chance on block to cast Stone Form (devotion skill) that provides solid damage absorption. Block recovery is at 59% unbuffed (98% buffed) which is insane, that will mitigate damage faster and cast Targoā€™s Hammer like crazy.

Cadence is still giving me mixed feelings and considered removing it, but the Maul skill is so strong now with the -30% armor to targetā€™s that I really didnā€™t want to miss that. The gameplay will rely on alternating with Ravenous Earth and Cadence. The build attack speed is terrible, so procing cadence is somewhat difficult vs single targetā€™s like Bosses.

I havenā€™t tested this myself, but working on that. As far as any build goes, this one has quite some flaws I can antecipate - hope you can help me identify more flaws and figure out some solutions:

1. Energy - this build seems quite energy intensive with the constant spam of Ravenous Earth. It has only -10% Skill Energy Cost, which can lead to energy troubles
  2. I am unsure if the conversion of Aether Damage to Acid Damage (provided by the belt) will then translate into 60% of aether damage dealt by Ravenous Earth being converted into Acid Damage, which then our weapon Corruption Axe converts this Acid Damage to Physical Damage. Does this sequential conversion works? Does this mean that 60% of the total aether damage % and the flat aether damage seen in Foul Eruption skill will be converted? Not sure about this.
  3. OA - offensive ability feels low, but I am not sure if itā€™s that important
  4. Crit damage is not amazing

Items that can be replaced:

• Boots could be replaced with a green Seraphim Stoneplate Graves of Blades for extra armor % and a big chunk of retaliation damage that synergies well with Stone Form at the cost of less offensive ability
  • Could change Serenity relic for Reckoning for more physical reduction debuff, damage blocked and insane retaliation
  • Deathstalker relic also is worth mentioning as not only for the physical reduction debuff it provides but it could also be assigned to Maul (devotion Skill) and completely eliminate the need to attack with Cadence
  • Pants could be replaced, but I really like the physical resistance % and the solid retaliation buff - break morale will disrupt from casting spells for 6 seconds and force enemy casters to attack in melee range so having retaliation is another good source of damage
  • Armor + Helm + Shoulders + Amulet - I went with the Shattered Realm set but itā€™s pretty hard to get the full set and also Iā€™m not sure if it is the optimal choice. Although the extra +2 to all skills is pretty juicy.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23mdqnZ

What are your thoughts on this? Any feedback is welcome, thank you! :grinning:

Hi dude! If you read thread there was one idea that was similar to yours by shadowpast.

your low OA will not make you crit and cast assassin mark. Even with fight spirit you will not have oa to crit. Also your physical % bonus is only 1400% which is very low.

Foul erruption not worth it because only happens if monsters die. Good for aoe but you have good aoe in ravenous already.

Cadence will deal so small damage that you will not heal.

Yours is a hybrid build, I remember someone made one viable. Warcry + Decay dmg reduction are not stack, so you have to choose 1, I prefer Warcry. Max Cadence and dualwield or 1handed + tome for CDR are much better than S&B.

1 Like

but the +% damage on decay will affect the damage because it counts as transmutation right?

Yes, it transmuted the base skill so % vit and acid converted too.

1 Like

Hey thatā€™s good acid RE build!

I like the idea of 3 pieces of Dreeg set, that physical resistance is sweet.

1 Like

Not as offensive as yours and uses many wonky green items. But I am sure one can get those cc resists else where. I just thought fun with many green items on green damage build :smiley: lol

1 Like

Speaking of which, there were few all green builds, one was acid, other was this???

Eating dinosaurā€™s soup :yum:

1 Like

Yes I saw that GD stash anthem build and it made my laugh hard I almost pee myself :smiley:
my character I used for [1.1.8.1] MIra - Desolator Savagery Vindicator (SR80) was designed for making similar build but legit :wink: but ā€¦ I gave up :smiley: now with better drop rates perhaps possible again?

Ohh I did not noticed that! Thanks!

Yeah youā€™re right OA is way to low to trigger Assassinā€™s Mark.

Only when monsters die really? I did not know this :neutral_face:

Yeah plus the low attack speed, the life leech will be pretty low.

I changed the build a little bit to overcome some of these disadvantages without much sacrifice:

• Boosted OA to 3000 - boosted Fighting Spirit, Field Command, replaced pants with Barbaros, replaced belt and added % offensive ability on new relic
  • Removed cadence - Maul is now procced by Deathstalker summon
  • Removed both Markovianā€™s Advantage and Reaping Strike procs
  • Replaced relic with Deathstalker
  • Boosted Menhirā€™s Will for more health restored and lower down time
  • Replaced medal with Mark of Stone Will
  • Ravenous Earth lost 1 point due to the relic replacement
  • Lost flat physical resistance reduction from Foul Eruption but gained -10% physical resistance aura from Deathstalker summon
  • Replaced belt as Foul Eruption lost its hard points and it is too low to benefit from the synergy
  • Readjusted attribute points to aim for 3k OA and 3k DA
  • Lost a bit of % block chance
  • Lost a bit of health points
  • Lost -10% Skill Energy Cost - this will probably translate into a energy pot frenzy
  • Lost a lot of retaliation damage

Adjusted build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkmJPvV

that looks better
but ring proc can not stack (only chance for cast stacks)
do you have those green items? they look sick.
I very suggest gladiator belt so you can steal life with vitality spells like bat, tip of scales and siphon soul
seal of blades life steal will not work if used in axe and you slam with shield.
resistance over cap is thrash you will die if debuffed - perhaps a nice gargabol ring for covering resistance ?