[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Lightning Warder

I am carefull type of a player :wink:

well, I guess 10 will go into physique then and 10 left.

Hello @Stupid_Dragon. Following this guide and it is amazing. Quick question on the components used in endgame gear; I tried the GT link but I am a noob and can’t recognize the symbols (except the sanctified bone and ancient armour plate) Would it be possible to get a list of components used? I would appreciate it a lot!

Never mind I stopped being so lazy and found a list of components with symbols on the GD wiki. But another question have I: if I can cover all my resistances and cap them reasonably, should I go all out for lightning damage and OA or focus on armour absorption and DA with components?

it works just as in game, place mouse cursor on item, then first you see item, then component, then augment. If too much information and can not be seen on screen at once you can scroll with mouse wheel to read further down…

scroll down a bit with mouse wheel

The “MI” icon and “Forgotten Gods” icons will not be in game though.

Finally grim tools item database shows icons of components. Just click on components and they show up.

2 Likes

Thank you @Ulvar1! I was playing the game and using my phone for referencing the guide. Mobile tends to be less easy to navigate/some option aren’t there at all.

So I got this build to level 100, still adjusting a few things. Managed to hit 150k dps, I also tweaked a few things to increase DA to 3k. Swapped out the faction shoulders for a Vigorous Ascended Epaulets of Squalls, and instead of taking blitz I decided to use Glyph of the Stormclap for mobility (I know, weird but it’s fun jumping lol). Wendigo Totem at 15/12. All resistances maxed out and capped reasonably. Overall very impressed. Just wanted to say a big thank you to @Stupid_Dragon for this guide! It must have been time-consuming to say the least, so I say thanks again!

PS-if anyone has any endgame-tweaking tips for this build please please let me know!

There are two end game builds made by @Slev1n linked to in the bottom of the first post.

2 Likes

Oh. Derp. :man_facepalming: missed them.

Just killed Lokarr for the first time with this build! Took about 4 mins, never was in any serious trouble. Now to farm him for levelling my next char!:smiling_imp::muscle:t3:

1 Like

Remember that experience potions, mandates & skip tokens are way more valuable than lokarr set when you speedlevel new chars

1 Like

If I missed this in prior discussion apologies in advance.

Is there a viable option to run this as a 2H Ranged build? If so, what changes would be reccommended?

Yes, you can use Ugdenbog Sparkthrower as a weapon instead.
No significant changes except you won’t need Blitz and Menhir’s Will since they need melee.

It’s tempting to rework devotions a bit to include Hydra somehow, but I’m not sure about the exact setup and whether it would really be better than my current one.
Also I would maybe consider doing Vindicator instead of Warder if it was meant to be ranged, but this isn’t a 100% thing.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0mjQyZ Seems ok too, devotions procs are not changed.

2 Likes

Kraken is dependent on scholar’s light so how do you remove scholar’s light and pump to widow?

Check if you’ve completed step #6.

Yes i followed ur guide and completed spider… when i wanted to remove scholars light it says kraken is denpendent on it.

Uh, post a picture of your Spider investment? Spider should qualify you on Green for Kraken entirely.

2 Likes

Sorry my bad rechecked and i missed a node on spider hahaa… thanks for the help guys i’m a total noob :sweat_smile:

There is no option to buy arbiter relic blueprint from hyram although i rescued him. am i missing something?

It’s random but has decent chance so keep restarting the game to main menu and check Hyram till he has it.
Also check if you need other blueprints from him so that you don’t have to redo this process
For example you may also need Blueprint: Relic - Sanctuary from him (Arbiter’s prereq.)