[1.1.9.1] 4400000 dummy DPS Khonsar Beastcaller Conjurer -> 3:59 Crucible + 170ex 6:26/ Callagadra 2:00 + Ravager 44 sec + Crate 24 sec + Mogdrogen 1:15 / SR 110

Uhhhhh… I was specifically talking about the fire pet build’s devotion setup, so the chaos and vit bonuses on dying god is irrelevant (especially since all chaos is converted. Not sure about vit I forgot). Same with the non devotion fire bonuses.

Also, doesn’t the top portion of hungering void apply only to the players inside aura range, not pets?

1 Like

To Pets as well. Yeah… they get both pet and player side of things :yum:

Damn that’s sweet. Tho we’re not on a chaos/vit build :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For vitality pets best route is Mogdrogen + Rattosh. I am not sure about DG for chaos, would need to try it again because I do not remember results from long time ago.

Sorry for changing topic but do you have any link or information about this Dracarris Pyromancer of old? I’d love to know more because that’s exactly what i’m playing right now and i really wanted a good point of comparison.

1 Like

Interesting that it’s no longer go-to for Vitality pets. Is this in general for certain archetypes? I remember it being worth going after on an all-offensive Reap Spirits pet user.

I’m not sure what else would be best for Chaos, every Chaos pets user I’ve seen takes it.

It’s the one Maya posted. That said though, it’s an extremely old build from the base game. At the time it was revolutionary but a lot has since passed so most of what is written doesn’t apply any more.

1 Like

Also it’s from the old forums so not every info is ported. Grimtools wasn’t even alive at that time iirc

Yeah, i’m taking a look at it and it really is a primordial build. I can’t really use it as a point of comparison. Oh well… I’m gonna do it my own way and see how it goes.

1 Like

For pure chaos (on beastcaller) going for Mogdrogen and DG do not make that much difference, few% more dps with DG maybe (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2Gg6PX2) vs Mogdrogen (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXa6MW2). For vitality I prefer Mogdrogen + Rattosh (skeletons and briars), easier to take other damaging devotions and rr% is must for good damage.

1 Like

I understand it looks like fire is the cause, but if you look closely at the evidence provided by AlkamosHater you will see the real cause of the build excellent performance is entirely different:

AlkamosHater linked to various builds above that did not use the method of fire conversion and flat fire bonuses but they still performed almost as good as the fire build with insanely fast celestial kills.
Both the fire and non-fire builds show massive attack speed ratings around 130-150%, and that is even before mogdrogen activates on top of it. Also all builds have very high OA and mogdrogen puts another 15% on top of it.

This quote from AlkamosHater was lost in the discussion: ‘Salazar’s Sovereign Blade is however unbalanced, it’s barely worse for this build than Korvaak (and I am destroying my conversion with Salazar) and it can be bis everywhere else.’

So even if the fire conversion from Korvaak is lost the build can perform almost as good, this is related to a pet intended to be very strong but superslow getting insane speed buffs.

People seem to worry about 30% total dmg on a single pet from zaria pendant, but not about a 46% total speed buff from Mogdrogen on all pets, also including movement allowing insanely fast target switching. The cooldown on the proc can be removed pretty much entirely by the skill cooldown reductions on the pendant, beastcaller head and caster off-hand, making the buff permanent.

The swarmlings are supersynergetic with korvaaks burning blade and flat fire bonuses, but acccording to AlkamosHater the build nonetheless performs better in cruci with Bysmiel, which gives another 45% total speed boost on top of the mogdrogen boost. To a small group of pets this speed buff is stronger than the flat chaos bonus on the relic converted to fire.

So in conclusion fire has a small edge over other dmg types because of the existence of additional flat bonuses and conversion items, but the the main cause of the superb performance of mogdrogen based pet builds is insane speed.

It would scale…poorly.

That’s not an intended interaction that looks like slipped in at some point in Forgotten Gods, we’ll fix that in v1.1.9.2.

2 Likes

what is the devotion setup for Rattosh + Mogdrogen?

I literally gave you an example of a Non Mogdrogen build showing same Crucible Clear time.

Attack speed does nothing without damage. And guess where the damage is coming from?

Hint: Not the devotion you are complaining about.

Take out all that conversion and flat and see how well it performs relying on just Mogdrogen.

Pet builds don’t scale well based on OA after a point. If you can get enough to score consistent Crits, it is more efficient to focus on other attributes.

Nope, it just is an OP pet as it can carry even a non pet build by itself: Fwuffy's Harbinger - Pet Dervish

No Mogdrogen needed to make it strong.

I assume we are now ignoring the %Total damage modifier on the Offhand + the Briarthorn CD reduction which helps out against Celestials alot.

In conclusion, you have no idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

The witching hour build is not a mogdrogen build and not a flat fire build, it uses a different method to achieve dmg and is irrelevant to this topic.

Same applies to a totally different dervish build that isn’t overpowered, only shows SR75 was cleared and that is not a feat anywhere near killing callagadra in 3 minutes.

That is the entire point I am making…

That it has nothing to do with Mogdrogen overperforming.

It uses the same method. Stack Flat damage and damage bonuses + a lot of Pets.

Do you even read or are you trolling at this point?

@Maya

My post was only supposed to show that the builds posted by AlkamosHater follow a consistent methodology of piling up massive amounts of speed and that this gives amazing results regardless of the damage type that he is using. If another build achieves the same damage with less speed, than obviously that build has base higher damage, but that base damage was achieved with different items.

My initial posts in this thread have never been addressed to you in the first place and were constructed in a polite manner, yet you keep jumping on them with massive quote walls, putting words in my mouth and tire me with irrelevant examples.

If you don’t like my opinions I recommend you ignore them completely from now on, that way it is impossible that you are being trolled by me since I won’t be addressing you with them.

Example route from my Lost Souls Cabalist: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2Brepw2

Results like that are mostly because of insane flat values converted and raw damage without strong dots. It’s not really about Mogdrogen, I like to use this devotion on my other builds too but they are not even close, except acid/bleed setup due to salazar weapon and sick dots (it even achieved some better times on celestials). The difference is gameplay, dots setup require a lot of micro and you should control pets much more to make full use of it. Also this build is carried by Salazar dagger (already said it is overpowered).
Best strategy for this build is not using pet command (excluding killing healers fast) because pets often split then and do damage for more enemies at once.

Other damage types can be made fast but they are in balanced side, Mogdrogen devotion is no way too strong.

1 Like

Thank you for answering to my post in a constructive manner,

So my question is: have you also tried the firesetup or the salazar builds with another devotion setup that uses a much lower attack speed build like the other build around 75% and how much did the performance drop?

Also have you any of those builds uploaded you considered on the balanced side and what times are we talking about then?

I tested Dying God on pure chaos and Vitality months ago. Chaos do well but dps with DG is barely higher (and I stacked attack speed with items anyway), but bleeding + chaos is little bit better and then Mogdrogen and Rend is way to go. Vitality with DG is not so good, if you want Rattosh in same time you give up other good devotions. Especially skeletons do well with high speed.
Mogdrogen is also helpful due to increasing mobility, targets are switched faster.

Fire setup I went straight for Mogdrogen, I see little sense with DG there, it’s only some % damage and worse road. I did some tests with Fissure but it was not as good as it look on the paper.

There are two other builds I posted: [1.1.9.0] Beastcaller Conjurers - Bleeding and Chaos/Bleeding hybrid-> Crucible 4:49-5:20/ SR 115/ Callagadra 2:53-3:27 + Ravager 1:23 + Crate ~30 seconds

Clearing speed in crucible around 5 minutes (little bit slower or faster) I consider balanced.
There are also few video in OP with acid setup, it’s above average in Crucible (was early 4:3x) but slower than fire mostly due to dots mechanics and pets AI.

Ofcourse pets usually do well with celestials or SR but that’s nature of summoning mechanics, not much can be done with it.