[1.1.9.1] The Triumph of Our Tired Eyes - 4500%damage acid DEE sentinel [SR90] [4.45 Crucible]

I probably admittedly suck, but I had two major problems with this build (which, I must say, was nevertheless fun): (1) Eyetack Damage converted to Health wasn’t heye enough to keep up and (2) I was constantly running low on energy if I had to rely on casting-spam to keep health up. Now admittedly I only have one Shuroth ring equipped, since I’ve been unable as yet to farm a second one, and am using a Viloth’s ring instead. I think (2) is probably the biggest impediment to (1). How do you manage energy?

(GT link with the MIs I’ve got)

Try using an arcane Spark in your medal

1 Like

hm, that is weird, 'cause you almost have the exact same build, second shuroth shouldn’t affect mana sustain nor the health one. Try using spark in medal instead of ruby and mark of the traveler in boots to compensate the slow res loss, like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRdm1j2
maybe it’s worth to also spend additional attribute points in spirit for energy regen, but spark should be enough.
i also think the health sustain problems come from mana, 'cause lifesteal was enough for me.
Irregardless of your results, please write back whether that did solve the problem or not.

Yeah, arcane spark is my usual go-to in caster builds, not least because of the OA; but I’m loath to drop resistances to cap, or sacrifice the extra health that both the existing spellscorched plating and blazing ruby give. My comparison is an Invoker’s Blaze PRM magehunter, where I never have to worry about energy; here I find myself “easing off the trigger” to preserve energy. Which I can’t afford to do in SR. I do want to say that this is one of the few builds I consider a work of art; kudos for that! I hadn’t considered DEE a serious option previously, and I love the pseudopet eyes.

perhaps not the best one, due to the fact that arcanist has so mental alactiry and inner focus, but i got the point.

actually, but changing boot’s&medal coomponent and shufling the augments a bit the only thing you end up loosing is about 18% of chaos res overcap, which is not a big deal, and around 500hp. But you gain extra DA (by moving points from cunning to physique), 8% movement speed and solve pretty much all mana problems.
that’s what i did - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2Gg36n2
I’ve also tested previous version w/o spark and didn’t have much of mana problems in SR, although quite ofthen chugged the energy potion.

Thanks! I also like the eye’s from amulet, they’re cool.

To followup - you were right, the Arcane Spark is enough to allow me not to have to throttle the spam-cast. Not sure if that’s the additional skill energy reduction, or a function of the energy drain from enemies, but it’s no longer a huge constraint. The Mark of the Traveler is a real quality of life boost as well; I’ve gotten accustomed to having a movement rate of 135%, and the previous 120% or so is a quite noticable drop. Being near 130 is a nice relief. As for health sustain - still seems a bit fragile. I am wondering if the second Shuroth ring makes a difference, for the ADCtH returned by the circling proc - I would not have thought that significant. Other observations - it’s nice to have to not rely upon Blood of Dreeg being up to have full poison resist, as many other occultist builds do; this gives a certain tactical flexibility for timing emergency heals. For damage output - stellar; it’s rather pleasant to see mobs of enemies dying in the aftermath of exploding puddles of acid and poison. It’s a pity we don’t get the DoT component when ADCtH is calculated. Definitely stronger offensively than its cousin the Invoker’s PRM analogue.

1 Like

Updated with a new run on the new setup!
1191 Grey’s DEE Sentinel (Updated version) - YouTube

1 Like

@wlssenatus
Hmmm… This belt also might be worth checking out if more Energy is needed
Mythical Girdle of Stolen Dreams

1.1.9.2 Update:

Dreeg’s Evil Eye: reduced Energy Cost scaling at ultimate ranks

How well would this build be,or suffer if instead of oathkeeper I chose nightblade? you still get RR and -oa from nigths chill,you get the damage boost from merciless,extra heal/defence/and oa from pneumatic

Witch Hunter can be Ember’s Calling Fire DEE :wink:

i tried it. much worse. 1st problem is mana regen. PoV of Oath gives a lot of mana regen which NB doesnt have. 2nd is lack of stats. huge cunning NB has- it means nothing to this build. 3rd is WH has very low on HP. the last one maybe about gears. the belt and medal are crucial to this build and they both support Oath, not NB.

3 Likes

gotcha,thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is actually really big, I should have thought about it because I’m playing one at the moment (90 level now). Leveling DEE’s would suck without it I can tell you that. I maxed out Presence of Virtue very early at my character development. You still need to invest into Spirit and Sparks are not that useful because I don’t use Weapon damage mods to DEE (prefer the off-hand with Vit -> Acid conversion). [edit] maybe I exaggerated a bit because you could use Ectoplasm instead but I like to use different components. This Energy Regen is simply nice to have.

@deen I don’t know the performance of this Fire DEE though, I just thought that if one were to make various DEE’s build, you’d rather have different classes on them for the sake of variety although Fire DEE could be Pyro too I suppose. Grey tested it in the past I think.

3 Likes

Just wondering why you aren’t using doom bolt in this build as I saw a lot of its damage is already naturally converted to acid by the gear setup you are using. Do you think I could squeeze it in somehow and where would you take the points from? Looking forward to trying this build out, thanks!

It would be a dps loss because it would ruin the build’s flow by adding another interruption. The build already has 2 debuffs to cast while spamming DEE, there’s no reason to add another skill that won’t do that much damage in the first place.

Coming back to the game after 1.5 years searching the forum for DEE spam builds that perform decent in endgame content I am thrilled to see this! However as I switched to playing only HC a while ago I am curios what changed up to 1.1.9.6. for this build and how to make it work in HC/make it more tanky?

You could check out the build from non-ssf section of this guide. Not sure how much tankier it is but has more DA and Phys Res. Also killed Ravager. Not claiming it’s the best as I didn’t work long on it. I wouldn’t play with Sandstorm prefix on the off-hand as it was nerfed, just some good Acid damage one.

Witch Hunter DEE is also worth considering as it has Blade Barrier and can get stupid amount of Phys res dual wielding with Bitter Winds scepter. And low Pneumatic Burst cooldown. I see that I also mentioned grabbing Scales of Ulcama but that may decrease damage too much.

2 Likes

A few things to note in general to make any build have better defenses;
• physical resitance
• armor & armor absorption
• defensive ability
• increased maximum resistances & overcapped resistances

1 Like

is the Mythical Wreched Tome of Nar’Adin viable as an offhand with this build in place of the groble toxic effigy? Looks like the vitality to acid conversion for DEE was added after the last update from OP.

having a hard time farming a groble offhand with a sizable casting speed bonus so my damage output isn’t quite as high as the GT linked in this post. the tome definitely helped but the loss of resistances from the groble effigy (i have a caustic of corrosion so it’s got vitality and aether resist) hurt a bit. even with the effigy i’m a little under 30% overcap for bleed and fire since i don’t have the mythical version of the belt or shuroth rings.

despite all that though this build is monstrous, only time i’ve died in ultimate was to korvaak because my fire resist wasn’t overcapped high enough. kuba is an absolute joke against this build.

2 Likes

I was thinking about following:

note the rings: good resists, +2 to Blood of Dreeg, craftable, pierce to acid, proc on attack

Off-hand is really good, i think.

Dreeg’s affiction for another +1 to Occultist and phys res.

Note the gloves: phys res, ideally would be “of Celerity” for cast speed and Blighted prefix for the % acid/poison damage

Slightly revised devotion route to include Turtle for extra protection and Behemot for the heal.