[1.1.9.1] The Triumph of Our Tired Eyes - 4500%damage acid DEE sentinel [SR90] [4.45 Crucible]

How well would this build be,or suffer if instead of oathkeeper I chose nightblade? you still get RR and -oa from nigths chill,you get the damage boost from merciless,extra heal/defence/and oa from pneumatic

Witch Hunter can be Emberā€™s Calling Fire DEE :wink:

i tried it. much worse. 1st problem is mana regen. PoV of Oath gives a lot of mana regen which NB doesnt have. 2nd is lack of stats. huge cunning NB has- it means nothing to this build. 3rd is WH has very low on HP. the last one maybe about gears. the belt and medal are crucial to this build and they both support Oath, not NB.

3 Likes

gotcha,thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is actually really big, I should have thought about it because Iā€™m playing one at the moment (90 level now). Leveling DEEā€™s would suck without it I can tell you that. I maxed out Presence of Virtue very early at my character development. You still need to invest into Spirit and Sparks are not that useful because I donā€™t use Weapon damage mods to DEE (prefer the off-hand with Vit -> Acid conversion). [edit] maybe I exaggerated a bit because you could use Ectoplasm instead but I like to use different components. This Energy Regen is simply nice to have.

@deen I donā€™t know the performance of this Fire DEE though, I just thought that if one were to make various DEEā€™s build, youā€™d rather have different classes on them for the sake of variety although Fire DEE could be Pyro too I suppose. Grey tested it in the past I think.

3 Likes

Just wondering why you arenā€™t using doom bolt in this build as I saw a lot of its damage is already naturally converted to acid by the gear setup you are using. Do you think I could squeeze it in somehow and where would you take the points from? Looking forward to trying this build out, thanks!

It would be a dps loss because it would ruin the buildā€™s flow by adding another interruption. The build already has 2 debuffs to cast while spamming DEE, thereā€™s no reason to add another skill that wonā€™t do that much damage in the first place.

Coming back to the game after 1.5 years searching the forum for DEE spam builds that perform decent in endgame content I am thrilled to see this! However as I switched to playing only HC a while ago I am curios what changed up to 1.1.9.6. for this build and how to make it work in HC/make it more tanky?

You could check out the build from non-ssf section of this guide. Not sure how much tankier it is but has more DA and Phys Res. Also killed Ravager. Not claiming itā€™s the best as I didnā€™t work long on it. I wouldnā€™t play with Sandstorm prefix on the off-hand as it was nerfed, just some good Acid damage one.

Witch Hunter DEE is also worth considering as it has Blade Barrier and can get stupid amount of Phys res dual wielding with Bitter Winds scepter. And low Pneumatic Burst cooldown. I see that I also mentioned grabbing Scales of Ulcama but that may decrease damage too much.

2 Likes

A few things to note in general to make any build have better defenses;
ā€¢ physical resitance
ā€¢ armor & armor absorption
ā€¢ defensive ability
ā€¢ increased maximum resistances & overcapped resistances

1 Like

is the Mythical Wreched Tome of Narā€™Adin viable as an offhand with this build in place of the groble toxic effigy? Looks like the vitality to acid conversion for DEE was added after the last update from OP.

having a hard time farming a groble offhand with a sizable casting speed bonus so my damage output isnā€™t quite as high as the GT linked in this post. the tome definitely helped but the loss of resistances from the groble effigy (i have a caustic of corrosion so itā€™s got vitality and aether resist) hurt a bit. even with the effigy iā€™m a little under 30% overcap for bleed and fire since i donā€™t have the mythical version of the belt or shuroth rings.

despite all that though this build is monstrous, only time iā€™ve died in ultimate was to korvaak because my fire resist wasnā€™t overcapped high enough. kuba is an absolute joke against this build.

2 Likes

I was thinking about following:

note the rings: good resists, +2 to Blood of Dreeg, craftable, pierce to acid, proc on attack

Off-hand is really good, i think.

Dreegā€™s affiction for another +1 to Occultist and phys res.

Note the gloves: phys res, ideally would be ā€œof Celerityā€ for cast speed and Blighted prefix for the % acid/poison damage

Slightly revised devotion route to include Turtle for extra protection and Behemot for the heal.