[1.2.0.3] (Ultimate Edition) WarBorn Leviathan 2H Death Knight(No MI; All 3 Superboss killer; SR 86+)

@sk_choi GrimTools is a useful website for posting builds, as well as looking up items or monsters. It even has an import button that extracts information from your character file so you can share builds easily.

As stated in the text like this “Equipment/Skill/Devotion(01/February/2024, Seoul, South Korea :kr:): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk0bEQ2” , GrimTools is a site I already know about. Thanks anyway.

yes, but why? the character already has a grimtools link in the OP? “it’s how i could tell your link was a 1:1 same build” despite different URL
choi’s Death Knight, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator, right above the zip you used

I tried downloading the character and tried putting it in my save file but the character doesn’t show up, what gives?, someone help me out here

Do you have the Ashes expansion installed? If you just have the base game then you can’t use any builds that contain masteries from the expansions.

if you’re using cloud saves you can’t just post files into the save folder, will have to be imported
if you’re using local saves it might be an issue with the folder structure/the right folder
*assuming it’s not what Medea mentions ofc

Was asking David Buck. :grinning:

Sorry, I’m drunk right now.

Resistor cutters of the third type (without the percent sign %) do not stack with each other, but only the strongest one works.
Battlecry, ravenous Earth and Libra constellation do not enhance each other, only the cry will always work.

I already know that. Foul Eruption was adopted as an AOE skill and also for the purpose of triggering Azraka very often, not for RR. Ulkama was adopted for both mana and life leech and RR.

Ah, then I apologize))

Your point is very valid and something I should be grateful for. An apology is highly inappropriate. :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

I just have some question concerning some parts of the builds. Is it just personal preference to use a 2 hander over a sword and board? Like getting warborn 4 piece for example, would it potentially be better?. Also is it just personal preference to not use any MI? Like the neck seems good doesn’t give anything else besides some basic stats.

Not using MIs is a personal preference, and also for “build versatility” that doesn’t rely on specific items. Using a two-handed weapon is a personal preference and to gain more physical resist, which is essential for taking down superbosses without doping.

“Like the neck seems good doesn’t give anything else besides some basic stats.” I don’t know what this means. I’m not an English speaker.

one could/would ask what sword and board would bring to the table on a cadence build ?

the neck offers +1 all skill, that’s strong, aside from that it has good stats, crit, oa, covers bunch of res, you need a fancy rolled Kaisan to compete with that (and Choi doesn’t do MIs ofc)

Thanks to Gnomish_Inquisition, I now realize what you mean. Necklaces are, in effect, meant to increase OA/DA stats, especially DA. I remember struggling with low DA when making this build. The necklace provides a high DA of about 100 while simultaneously providing an OA reduction of -110, so in effect it provides a very high DA of 200.

And, I recently added Necromancer’s skill, “Mark of Torment”, for stability against Calagadra. It has proven to be very reliable in battles against Calagadra. I simply subtracted 1 point from any other skill to add Mark of Torment. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZowgDQZ
I hope this helps answer your question.

1 Like

probably actually makes it better than even Kaisan, because you can’t get that much OA/DA while also getting resist i think, even if ignoring % dmg :thinking: Death Knight, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
*dranghoul because Kaisan can’t roll stalwart+readiness at same time (which would be slightly more oa/da) - and it’s still less OA than Peerless, and less DA factoring in the skill shred

Sorry i meant medal, not the neck, my mistake.

The medal is the last item selected in my build. No other better medal was available. Medal “Sigil of the Bear King” provides high attack speed/elemental resist/high DA. Are you thinking of “Mark of the Dreadblade”? I tried it, but I couldn’t get enough elemental resist/DA.

Oh I don’t really know the items in the game very well, just my blitz warlord, my second character, had lot of MI that complimented the build extremely well, and was looking at some builds for my death knight now and was just wondering if there were items, even MI, that could compliment the build well for every slot, hence why i asked if no MI was a personal choice or if it was just more optimal that way.