[2h Bleeding] Crit Based 2h Bleeding Druid

BUILD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

Now the Bleeding Callidor’s Tempest guide should’ve been posted a long while ago but after some conversations with Dikkiedik i was convinced a green item dependent build isn’t a good addition to the compendium.

So I’ve decided to post the original Crit based Savagery build and within this guide i shall add the mini-guide for Bleeding Callidor’s Build

A little backstory (For Crit based build)-

Firstly, credits to forum member Ceno.

He presented to me the concept of crit based Battlemage a long while ago.

I was at it for months and never got the Aether Blade Arc Battlemage to work (by work i mean make it kick-ass not just “viable”) despite asking for help from various sources, but i managed to extend that concept to this build.

Everyone who helped me with certain concepts and game mechanics have indirectly contributed to this build as well. So big shout out to - Ceno, Drizzto, Stupid Dragon, Superfluff and Norzan.

Build Concept-

1. DoT-

DoT in this game stands for Damage Over Time. Damage over time are duration effects - Poison, Burn, Bleed etc. get classified into this category.
The specialty of DoTs is that they stack from different sources.

For example-
If for instance a skill A gives me flat 100 damage/sec
and skill B gives me flat 70 damage/sec
Then when both skills A&B connect on a single enemy. The damage over time on said enemy is 170 per sec.

2. DoT Crit and Druid-

Now, Crate is kind enough to make DoTs crit. Crits on DoTs work differently than flat damage.
If the first tick of a DoT is a critical attack then it means the successive ticks would be critical attacks as well until the effects of the spell wear off. The inverse is also true here.

Going Druid does the trick here. It really helps in the crit department due to IEE and Stormcaller. And Inner Focus is a really good OA boost for us.

3. DoT and Kiting-

One of the best part of playing a DoT build is that it gives you the liberty of kiting. You fire all your sources of bleed damage and are free to kite till the bleed effects wear off your enemy should you choose to.

So unlike spam builds whose damage comes from non-DoT sources who have to stand and keep firing (most of them, exception exist). DoT builds are free to kite while their DoTs do their dirty work.

Facetanking isn’t an issue in most cases due to high HP, Oleron’s Might, Wendigo Totem and Mirror

GrimCalc (w/ plus skills and devotions)-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-XHe0bm

Yeah, the resistances take a real hit if try to go kraken. Despite the juicy 15% crit damage there, i can’t afford to take it.
Feel free to take it though, depends on the greens you get.

Keybinding-

LMB- Savagery (w/ Falcon Swoop)
RMB- Oleron’s Might (w/ Acid Spray)
Keyboard 1- Devouring Swarm (w/ Rend)
Keyboard 2- Wendigo Totem
Keyboard 3- Callidor’s Tempest (w/ Howl of Mogdrogen)
Keyboard 4- Mirror of Ereoctes
Keyboard 5- Nullification

Screenshots (Contain Toggled Auras, Savagery Charges and Howl of Mogdrogen)-

Items-

Weapon- The Guillotine
Helm- Bloodrager’s Cowl
Shoulders- Bloodrager’s Shoulderguard
Chest- Bloodrager’s Coat
Gloves- Stonehide Exalted Handguards of Nature’s Bounty
Pants- Stonehide Dreeg-Sect Legguards of Kings
Boots- Consecrated Exalted Treads of Kings
Belt- Guthook Belt
Rings- 2x Incorruptible Cronley’s Signet of Attack
Relic- Blademaster’s Talisman (with %OA completion bonus)
Amulet- The Peerless Eye of Beronath
Medal- Mark of Divinity

Blademaster Talisman with %OA completion bonus is BiS. Mind you it’s only BiS with this specific completion bonus.

Bosses-

Walk towards them, hit all the buttons and walk away while letting the DoTs do the work and simple wait for the message “Enemy Boss Killed” :cool:

In Closing-

Firstly, credits to Ceno for the crit damage concept he presented for BM that helped me.
Secondly, to Drizzto, Stupid Dragon, Superfluff and Norzan who provided valuable input on game mechanics for the now deleted Battlemage. That knowledge eventually helped me build this bad-ass Druid.

This is a fun build, frankly I am not a Druid fan but going Bleeding Route was really fun.

For the Callidor mini-guide scroll down. :smiley:

I enjoyed this build and hope you guys did as well.

Wrath of Agrivix Bleeding Tempest Mini-Guide

Build Concept-

1. Wrath of Agrivix-

Basically same thing that i did with my Winter King Lightning Elementalist.
That is stacking flat damage to “transform” a skill

Wrath of Agrivix helps us making a powerful Bleed Based skill

2. Druid-

Druid has been picked because the main skill is Callidor’s Tempest

Image contains Permanent Auras and Howl of Mogdrogen proc.

Concept Extension-

1. Warder (Bleed Forcewave)-

Bleed Based Forcewave, well to be fair FW already has flat bleed on it but this concept can be used to stack even more bleed damage on it

2. Poison CT Spellbreaker-

One can use the flat damage on Merciless Repetoire and other sources to make a Poison Spellbreaker. Wrath of Agrivix for the win.
Poison CT will be similar to Bleed CT but should be much easier to build due to much better Caster support for Poison.

3. Other DoT builds

Basically use %Weapon Damage and to it stack high amounts of flat damage of your desired damage type

GrimCalc (w/ plus skills and devotions)-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-Lwd8pQ

Acid Spray -> Oleron’s Might
Howl of Mogdrogen -> Callidor’s Tempest
Rend - > Devouring Swarm
Falcon Swoop -> Gaze of Beronath

Gear-

-Currently non-Melee Bleed lacks support so I am using green items. I highly doubt this build would be as strong w/o these green items

-I will list the items that i am using but mind you when new items get added and we get more legendary support this might change (Hopefully)

Weapon- Gutripper
Helm- Clairvoyant’s Hat
Shoulders- Stonehide Moosilauke Pauldrons of Kings
Chest- Stonehide Haunted Vestment of Nature’s Bounty
Gloves- Bloodletter’s Exalted Handguards of Blood
Pants- Stonehide Solael-Sect Legguards of Kings
Boots- Consecrated Exalted Treads of Kings
Belt- Guthook Belt
Ring 1- Incorruptible Viloth’s Ring of Nature’s Bounty
Ring 2- Bloodletter’s Viloth’s Ring of Blood
Relic- Blademaster’s Talisman (with %OA completion bonus)
Amulet- The Peerless Eye of Beronath
Medal- Mark of Divinity

Character Sheet-

Bosses-

Kite and kill, let the DoTs do the dirty work

In Closing-

This build needs a lot of green to be end-game ready but worry not the current item support doesn’t help Bleed Casters at all much less unusual builds such as this

This build presents the concept of how %Weapon Damage can be used to make our own skills (See: Concept Extension of Mini-Guide)

A similar concept can be used for Poison CT Spellbreaker/Warlock.

The Mini Guide will become a full guide when the desired item support arrives till then you guys have to make do with this.

I love this build and hope you guys do as well.

Reserved for later

(Reserved)

Bloodrager Druid? How cute :stuck_out_tongue:

Well thx a bunch for the build. I have a level 75 Druid just waiting to switch over to something like this.

i’am actually amazed by the number of UFO build you can create. :smiley:
Kudo to your creativity.

Callidor’s Tempest? Bleed?

Great nonetheless, i don’t know how you thought of it :D.

I know right? Ain’t it just adorable :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah nice, so i am not the only who found Druids pretty worthless before this build. Enjoy the build

Lol, thanks
Means a lot from the Slightly Crucible King

Well i wanted to make a non-aether Druid and at the same time wanted a Bleed Caster. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Also, Guide Updated

Mini-Guide updated

I know right? Ain’t it just adorable :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah nice, so i am not the only who found Druids pretty worthless before this build. Enjoy the build

Lol, thanks
Means a lot from the Slightly Crucible King

Well i wanted to make a non-aether Druid and at the same time wanted a Bleed Caster. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Also, Guide Updated

Mini-Guide updated with corrected screens

Nice builds and guides, as usual. :slight_smile:

Regarding your Bleeding Tempest mini guide, why not use Empowered Scarlet Marksman instead of Gutripper? I think the Anti-Clotting Dart Skill with additional -30% Bleeding Resistance could prove more useful than the Gutripper proc. Just theorycrafting though.

Thanks

I tested it, heck it was my first choice. But Gutripper proc is much better. Although maybe for Undead one could switch over to Scarlet Marksman

Thanks

I tested it, heck it was my first choice. But Gutripper proc is much better. Although maybe for Undead enemies one could switch over to Scarlet Marksman

I just use an emp scarlet markman on swap on my bloodrager warder, open the fight with the granted skill and refresh the debuff before spamming all the stuff.

Okay, so it just seems superior on paper. But the idea of using it as an opener, as Sobertooth suggested, sound interesting too. Just too much swapping and clicking for my taste. The Dart is also single target only, I assume?

Same same

Weapon swap is a no go for me

I hear ya but I can’t do it

I tried it once during my early GD days and noticed my auras disappearing and after that i went “lol, nope” :rolleyes:

Looks promising, im gonna try this.
How many points did you put in Phys, cunning and spirit?
I only see the totall amount put in, or do i need to make the math myself :wink:
Tnx for the work put into it to write it down

For which one btw?

All Physique, for Gutripper i put some into cunning

for the [2h Bleeding] Crit Based 2h Bleeding Druid

so all in Physique, tnx