4 Tier 3 Devotions?

Hello all,

I played around a bit with this: https://arctice.github.io/gd-starnav/

Looks like you can have 4 Tier 3 Devostions active, if you combine 4 out of the five:
Ultos, Dying God, Spear of Heavens, Aeons Hourglass and Korvaaks Eldritch Sun…

Are there any builds posted around that?

I plan to go for a Cabalist with this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvDv6jN (only skills and devotions placed)

I fthis has been discussed, please point me to the thread, I was unable to find something.

Anyway, share your thougzts on it.

Thank you!

In Grim Dawn you need to build around a chosen damage type.
This won’t work at all since there’s no synergy. With this devotion
you need to make a Lightning build, for example lightning Conjurer

2 Likes

Yes, I am aware of the rainbow damage thing.

I ALWAYS play rainbow damage, and came easily through elite and half ultimate with it, only dying when playing lazy…

Let me share my thought on this theory build ( I WILL be testing it though and post my findings, in case someone wants to know)

So Ultos bound to Bloody Pox: beautiful Lightning show. Ultos procs all the time, as BP is cunning related which increases Crit, as proc base for Ultos

Crit is heavily synergiezed with Dying God, which other way round helps a lot with Vitality (goes to BP…) and Chaos (goes to Sigil of Consumption)

Sigil then gives the much needed LifeLeech, when you plan to utilize Hungering Void.

Vitality also goes to Spectral Binding/Wrath, the aether Damage there is increased by Spear of Heavens, which also strengthens Lightnig, which again helps with Ultos.

Spectral Binding/Wrath also synergizes well with Curse of Frailty in regs. to overall debuffing, both synergize with a) Black Plage (BP-endlevel skill), which confuses enemies and b) Ill Omen, which gets also buffed in vitality damage (as per above) and cold damage from Ultos AND scares enemies. So debuffing, confusing, scaring --> trash mobs are done for. Ok, maybe a lot of bang for buck, I will see…

And finally, there is Korvaak. additional 130% to ALL damage types and petrifying enemies plus debuffing them again, with short cool downs.

Combine that with Necrosis, Aether Corruption Sigil and similar gear based skills (Curse of crushed resolve, Solaels Symbol Component etc.pp.), and I hope it will do fine.

Only issue I see is Hungering Void, and as I cannot use Behemoth in this build (could replace Spear with Hourglass to get Behemoth, but all the beautiful synergies above would go to waste…), it rekt me easily in early playthroughs… need to find a 100% relyable countermeasure… some amulets or medals seem to do the trick.

What do you think about all this?

1 Like

From what I know, the only single type damage support that can reach 3 tier 3 devotion including it’s rr devotion would be physical damage with Azrakaa + Empyrion + Vire

hm… I don’t like physical, but that sounds intrigueing. I will check this.

No such thing in GD. Two reasons: % damage and resistance reduction. Both %dmg and rr need to be stacked and limit your choices. So you gotta limit yourself to usually one, sometimes two and max 3 dmg types.

Lightning can viably go with Spear, Korvaak and Ultos. Tri-elemental or conversion based elemental builds can viably go with Sage and Seru and another devo. Actually many dmg types can viably take 3 T3.

3 Likes

Actually it’s possible to do it on some other damage types, here’s my breakthrough:

• Aether, old Binders usually went 3x with Aeon, DG and Spear. You can use Korvaak instead of DG or Aeon, although path is less balanced. Other idea is to go Spear and Rattosh.

• Vitality is limited to Rattosh+DG, maybe Rattosh+Abomination but meh.

• Chaos is DG+Abomination, you can fit Korvaak probably but Idk if it’s even worth it.

• Acid, your usual route is Yugol+Abomination, you can fit Torch too for 3x T3 devotions, especially with fire to acid conversion. Also with chaos to acid, you can use both procs of Abomination.

• Fire, usually only Torch. Maybe it’s possible to use Torch, Sage and Amatok though?

• Lightning, Spear of Heavens + Ultos. But you can try adding Korvaak as well.

• Cold, so many good devotions, I guess with DG you can make it 3x but usually people go for 2 out of 4 cold devos, Ultos, Amatok (low tier), Leviathan and Yugol. With conversion Sage or Amatok are useful as well.

• Physical, I agree you can go 3x with ease.

• Pierce, Azraaka+Oleron+Unknown Soldier is possible, although people tend to do different maps.

• Bleed, Moggy the lone wolf! I have seen builds with Mogdrogen + Oleron or Unknown Soldier.

• Pets usually aren’t limited to one damage type and have more flexible routes, so you can go 3x T3 devotions. Like Tree of Life, DG and Ishtak, I am not sure.

But OP, unlike some other RPG games, in Grim Dawn is better to focus on less damage types (single most of the time) instead of rainbow and get as much RR as possible and convert other damages to your main.

3 Likes

well, I am playing this build right now: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GEogqZ

Got me way into ultimate (just playing it there) and up to now died 3 times (is level 91 now)

And I do not even check for the best gear, just take, what I find and match it to the rainbow I have…

I think its a tough build due to the massive LL it has (accidentially…)

What do you say, after you checked it?

upload the char as it is to grimm tools. But you seem to play vit dmg, get rattosch and dying god, maybe also abomination

the one currently played? Sorry to ask, but how can I do this, please point the way to a description if available

the button above the “share” button :stuck_out_tongue:

You got no gear in that gt. Gear is the basis of everything.

But skills you chose aren’t known for carrying builds unless in deep endgame. Try something with Ravenous Earth. Also, Blood of Dreeg line is on every occultist, never drop this. Mark of Torment is useful and cheap for every necro.

2 Likes

Nerys beginner guide for oppressor also contain Cabalist version, study it [1.1.1.2-1.1.6.2] Beginner's vitality Ravenous Earth Oppressor with leveling guide

1 Like

yeah, conversion… I did not yet get to that, neither I ever used augments yet… too much hassle. But I figure, this will change, when I face the Nemesisses on ultimate then.

For the RR, I am not sure I get it. It’s resist reduction, I gather but there are even RRs for any damage type? Didn’t have that on my porch yet…

Soooo much input, me like! Thanky a lot so far!

1 Like

You mean one RR to rule them all? Look at tip of scales proc and Manticore and Revenant (they do not stack with each other)

:sweat_smile:

yeah, I used Scales a lot, but felt limited…

Its good devo, helps with energy, life steal, etc its very good

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B8LqwZ

It worked! (happyhappyhappyjoyjoyjoy!)

I know, it’s THE survivability Devo, loved it for a long time. Actually one my most reliable builds was a conjurer with scales… and almost all other lifesaverprocs ggg

Trust me on this one, check out that Nery guide I linked to above.