A Birthday Request

Still no news? My birthday is also coming up in 5 days… pretty please Crate? :sweat_smile:

Happy b-birthday medea! Hope you feeling well and healthy!

Thanks. Getting better, cold’s nearly gone now.

Well spoken, sir. I’m 62 and well versed in the knee- and back problems, so I’m glad you beat me to the begging part. Looking forward to the new year and some new info Soon™️ as well.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

And that’s ma’am btw.

1 Like

OMG! Intruder alert! Who is @WillCrate? Ready your curses! Cast at will!

2 Likes

Thank you. I have been on the team for awhile, but haven’t had a forum account. Also, have you checked the Crate Entertainment FB page recently?

2 Likes

No I don’t do FB if I can help it. :upside_down_face:

But whoo new screenshots! THANK YOU!

Guess I’m going to have to sign up to FB if Crate keep posting stuff there.

Happy Yuletide Crate and wishing you all a great 2020!

5 Likes

no way, this looks Burwitch brought to life. I love it. I hope there is no combat just pure building and surviving…

medierra already mentioned that it had “optional” combat… so by the sound of it you won’t be forced to use combat.

he did? Great if optional combat then… If at least this game reaches Frostpunk levels of atmosphere and a modern touch to Banished, then we will have another moneymaker for Crate to fund future games

Anything that gets us closer to GD2 is fine by me.

i want Crate also to explore other genres. If GD2 is a massive success more than 1, its probably time to stop the small mindset and convert into an empire. I want to see Crate develop an rpg thats not action… perhaps a turn base game like Divinity or Pillars or even touch the realms of massive storytelling openworld like the Witcher or GTA. this would require them though to break free from the shackles of medierra mentality and do a mutiny or something like that to oust him :smiling_imp:

Then you would have no Crate Entertainment since he’s the founder and owner of the company. Good thinking there el_critico. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshots, they really look great! :smiley:

its great and it reminds me a bit of Ancient Cities, this game which also took forever to make smh…

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854046403

The position of the buildings and the area looks really natural. I am really excited for this game. :sunglasses:

Sorry medea, I didn’t actually see this post, Zantai just informed me of the request for screenshots… I accidentally closed photoshop and didn’t save all the screenshots I’d taken this week, so in a rush to get something up, I posted them to FB since it seemed like it would be more widely visible and intended to re-post here later. Happy belated birthday though!

2 Likes

Haha, well, I appreciate the desire for a massive RPG and maybe one day we’ll do such a thing. However, having one success and then dumping all that profit into one big new project that requires all their resources is exactly how game companies go out of business.

A town builder is something I’ve personally wanted to do for a long time and it seemed like a good risk since it isn’t too expensive to develop and I am confident we’ll at least break-even, if not make a good profit. Since it doesn’t have a huge amount of content or art compared to an ARPG, it allowed us to keep half the team on Forgotten Gods and now those people are split between GD updates and new projects.

An RTS and / or bigger-scope RPG is something we might consider in the future if these current projects do well enough.

4 Likes

Then I’ll berate him firmly later Medierra. And thanks for the birthday wishes and the screenshots. :slightly_smiling_face: Hope to be hearing more about the new builder soon.

I’m surprised you didn’t use your Evil persona for the Pirate Logic thread reply. We miss him here on the forum too you know.

Good to have you back here big M. Don’t stay away too long please.