Any advices how to improve a witchblade

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23yXynZ

Can’t clear Morgoneth.
Usually take him to like 30% and then he apparently gets some buffs and starts to deal huge damage and kills me (the spirit he summons also likes to deal damage).

Or should I make non-melee build for that boss?

Hi Kool

A quick check, but other players might be better in place here with more accurate suggestions
Morgoneth is a DA shredder and with 2800 DA, you are going to get crit big time.

• Change augments on jewelry to get +210DA to Hammerfall Powder (or Steelbloom Powder if we manage to get more DA on other changes)
  • Change amulet component to Seal of Annihilation. DA shred, OA shred, attack speed
  • You’re RR is rather low . I’d swap the goliath ring for by example a bladetwister signet
  • Relic is more for Shield builds IMO . Deathstalker is a good option here as it also provides RR
  • Devotions: look OK-ish to me but I would change some things. I think Scales is not necessary here as you have flat RR from warcry already. Try to grab Oleron. Not sure about Maul as I havent tested it yet but think its a great addition as well. Would have to swap devo route tho
  • Take bloodied crystal in both rings. DA is too good to let go
  • Amulet: Rahzin is imo a better option due to extra phys RR and +1 for soldier

And play around with augments after these changes to fill the resistance gap

Hope it helps

EDIT: changes to skills and devo map:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EYL7P2

Take 3x Hammerfall Powder on jewelry, bloodied crystal on bladetwister signet, deathstalker relic, and rahzin ammy. Perhaps Aether Soul or Black Tallow on medal. You’ll have 2900+ DA, OA shred, increased blood of dreeg for more healing, Oleron proc, more dmg, and a LOT more RR. Change other augments to cap resist shouldnt be a problem. Add restless remains for more ADCTH. Get rid of mutated scales on shoulder. Take Mark of the traveler to cap slow resist. Prismatic diamond on helmet also will get damage absorb to improve survivability

I usually focus on the spirit first when it spawn, especially Senthris as the rock the throw from sky deal big damage, try to avoid staying in 1 place for long in dungeon as each boss usually have damaging pool or shotgun mechanic.

Your build looks powerful enough to deal with him. For melee characters Morgoneth is much easier than for casters, especially for builds with good armor and phys resist (which is your case). Try to:

1. Use pharma that protects from vitality and cold, adds hp and hpregen (drink right before the boss room).
  2. Kite when necessary, don’t facetank everything.
  3. Kill the summoned magi first.

I tried to kite that boss and he just teleports onto me with huge damage from other side of arena.
Also my vitality and cold resistances are 29% overcap, is that not enough for him?

The overcaps are OK, but the related potions also reduce frostburn and vitality decay duration. However, health and health regen boosts are even more important. Morgoneth has 85% life leech resist and receives 50% damage absorption when his health becomes lower than 50%. It looks like your damage and life leech become not enough for sustain. Try to softcap Blood of Dreeg - it will help by good hp regen, it also will give you OA and flat physics (thanks to your belt), so it worth softcapping anyway.

If you wanna use Cadence; check my Witchblade

If you wanna use Blade Arc

Seems like a lot of items to farm. Thank you.
I have one question, literally everyone who uses Cadence also uses Voldrak’s Crusher, is this item really good? Gutsmasher has same amount of phys damage and +2 to both Soldier and Occultist, and some AoE for clearing on it’s granted skill.

Thank you for advices, I’ll try it.

Gutsmasher is a great weapon for Blade Arc Witchblade but for Cadence, mods is better and a good rolled MI provides much more raw damage that multiplies even more with Cadence.

I kinda don’t understand, Voldrak’s Crusher on your link is 236-620, +125-170, 371% phys damage

Gutsmasher has 144-740, +80-120, 432% phys damage

Seems that they have the same damage, I don’t understand something?

Also where do I find Vordrak’s Crusher? I don’t think I saw it even once, dungeons and nemesis farm too?

Voldrak’s Crusher is a drop from Voldrak himself in Smuggler’s Pass.
https://www.grimtools.com/map/monsters/265

%50 WD to Cadence is huge;also higher base min damage is quite important with Cadence since it’s going to be multiplied %550 and don’t underestimate +3 more targets. You can farm Voldrak Crusher quite easily as @Sleeping_Sun mentioned.

Problem with Morgo is not da or res. Morgo got 50% dmg absorption below 50% health. Moreover, he spawns a thingy which gives you 60% dmg reduction which can in fact translate to even 80% less dmg because it also reduces your debuffs like rr, da shred, etc. So absorb and redux add up, you end up dealing very little damage and you lose your adcth heals.

This 60% dmg redux debuff lasts 5 seconds. If you can’t burst through it, you either wait it out on a healing pot, aether cluster or something or disengage.

2 Likes

Thanks for sorting that out!