B17 - Hotfix v0.2.3.4 (Changelog)

Perhaps your builds aren’t as strong as they could be then

So I didn’t really feel the need to make a whole other thread about this but ever since the latest hotfix Shadow Strike seems to be failing a lot for me. What I mean is the path gets really weird and if my character doesn’t make the shadow jump speed to the enemy in time then the attack just kind of gives up. Which usually gets me warped all the way up to a mob of enemies with no damage done to them haha you can see the dilemma.

It has always worked like that for me, if you can’t reach the target Shadow Strike will fail and go into cooldown. A cool change would be to automatically perform the strike when colliding with an enemy, even if that enemy wasn’t the target.

I see that squad tactic’s has been reduced? to 58% is this because it is to overpowered? just asking :slight_smile:

If you post your gear / build , I can probably try to help you. I play a Cadence / Blade Arc BM as my main and I haven’t died yet, after many hours of game play. On my first Blade Master though, (on B16, using force wave and phantasmal blades) I did die a few times and didn’t think it was that easy.

Just recovered from illness and found these awesome news :slight_smile: I have tried untargetable pets while recording my summoner videos - it’s awesome, thank you Crate :slight_smile:

And overall update is fantastic, thanks a lot for it.

Yes, I have played one soldier with Cadence + Blitz and one with Cadence + Blade Arc.

I tend to prefer Blade Arc, because I find the recharge time of Blitz kind of difficult ro handle when being surrounded by larger groups of enemies. But in the end there’s not much difference. Basically I have the feeling my chars just don’t do enough damage, but I have no idea how to change that. I have pumped all points in cunning, 40 skillpoints in the thermeter and the rest in the skills.

perhaps its your gear optimization, what stats do you aim for on your gear?

I’m sorry but I must disagree with you :slight_smile: I have loaded my experimental soldier which was built intentionally defensive (you can see - he has neither Blitz/Blade Arc nor Squad Tactics) and walked through Sunken Reliquary and Torments. It seems exactly the same after the latest part as it was before. I probably should make a full playthrough and I will do it soon but not with the build I listed :slight_smile: It is quite safe and probably even fun but damn slow :slight_smile: I must say though, this soldier is probably the most unlucky character of all I had - he still wears a yellow helmet and torso armor at his 35th (full self-found items, I got many useless duplicated uniques from one-shot chests and too few warrior’s gear). Yet, zero deaths. So I doubt the game became more difficult, it probably requires a bit more HP now though.

If you die maybe 10 times, you are not very careful. If you die 40 times, it is something you do that you should not be doing.

If you try to facetank everything, I can see that happening. If you get surrounded by mobs, you frequently still can make your way out though, kill one or two and use that opening.

If you get constantly surrounded, maybe you should be a little more careful.

The game is not overly difficult, even with self-found gear and a decent build you should have very few issues.

I completely agree.

The use of tactics, strategy, skills and the wisdom of how and when to use them is invaluable in this game. I was still using some really horrible equipment (and I mean really horrible) on my melee Explosive Strike/Canister Bomb/Vindictive Flame Demolitionist and did not have any problems. I finally noticed halfway through Act 2 that I had such bad equipment (still using Isaac’s shoulders, a yellow medal with only +20 Cunning, pants with +3% run speed, and a green Paladin’s chest piece with 50 Armor :eek:), but it was strategy and the right use of skills that got me through it.

Now it’s time to vendor farm some decent equipment! :cool:

I must add to my previous post that my soldier almost does not run from mobs, facetanks (without potions usually) pretty anything but bosses and most nasty monster packs of +7 and above monsters and does not fear to get surrounded. I admit I have created this character having a dedicated purpose to be able to do these things and his stats, skills and equipment are quite unusual for regular builds.

So the problem is definitely not in the game difficulty but mostly in the character setup. If the character is not suited well for facetanking then probably he just shouldn’t do that :slight_smile: If the character dies from 1-2 hits then he needs either resistances or life or DA or better armor rating (preferably all of them :)).

I was wondering whether bleed/internal trauma/piercing is scaling with cunning correctly yet? :open_mouth: If not, when will it? I want a physical dot character! hehe.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, or if I’m just interpreting the hotfix bullet point listed below incorrectly or something…

“Removed Offensive Ability affixes from Shield loot tables. With the exception of some uniques, shields will no longer generate Offensive Ability in their stats. This change is Not retroactive and only affects drops in B17 and beyond.”

Both of the below shields I got from either Warden’s Cellar or Underground Transit areas(don’t remember which area). My character is level 23.

Is this a bug with the offensive ability affixes? Or am I reading/interpreting the bullet point wrong.

This should really be posted in the Bug Forum. The devs are more likely to see it and respond. If it’s not a bug, they’ll say so then close the ticket.

Also, I don’t see the images you refer to in your post.

Fixed the pics, I’ll post to bug forums, thank you for heads up

Are you using Steam to get screen captures? Are you able to find the images to upload?

If so, then it maybe because the images are above the maximum file size. In the download window there’s a listing of image types and their allowed maximum size.

Yeah, I’m using Steam to screen capture. I’m using tinypic to upload to now, so it seems to be working.

I simply have the feeling that my char is massively underpowered. If I could kill enemies with 2-3 hits, as it should be, it would be perfectly smooth to play. With a normal weapon attack, I do only minimum damage, even with Cadence it takes about 5-8 hits for a yellow enemie.

I’ve added a picture of my build. The skill points are distributed like this:

40 in the thermometer

16 (+1) in Blade Arc --> 11 (+1) in Laceration

16 (+1) in Cadence --> 12 (+1) in Fighting Form --> 8 (+1) in Deadly Momentum

I’ve also played a soldier with Blitz instead of Blade Arc and a Fire Strik-Demilitionist and they both suffer from the same problem.

im a witch hunter and I literally facetank SoT lv 45 boss with just 2.3k hp lol. well except his big fire blast I have to move but still mostly face tank :slight_smile:

I hope for when act 3 is out and if we get lv 50cap. mobs are gonna get a boost at lv35-40 and up cause being only lv 35 and steam rollin lv 42+ mobs. If I was lv 42 it would just be a walk in the park by then.

One thing I find is Some heroes are really no different then the normal counterpart. like the giant skeleton guy. I faced his hero and he died in 5 seconds just like a normal one. I was like AWE YEAH… then Oh… that was underwhelming lol

I think large giant threatening mobs should have large hp or high defence so they can tank you and fighting them makes for a good challenge :slight_smile: