B31 Hotfix 1 (v0.3.8.1)

Did a long run up to Kiliran right now. Mobs still hit WAY too hard.

Kilrian - which I died maybe twice or three times throughout my characters life - killed me 10 times. When I killed him, he exploded in loot.

Well, in iron and potions.

whole run which took 40 minutes (no death, except Kilrian) gave 2 blues and 2 greens. On ultimate. While constantly struggeling with my life, even though I play a battlemage with sphere, war cry, Avatar of mercy as my amulett and all resistances up to 84.

No, I am out, I guess, until the game gets modded so it is enjoyable -.-

I think damage of some monsters is still way too high atm. For example Skeletal Monstrosities. They deal very huge damage. And Ilgorr, the Eternal in SoT almost oneshot me dealing 9k damage hit (i have 11k HP @lvl85) and i died. Besides those types of monsters have so much lightning resistances that lightning based builds (like i am running atm) struggle with them for too long to kill.

Great. At some point, in Elite and Ultimate, everything becomes melee :wink:

So far i realy like b31. Kilrian is cool, you can evade most of his attacks easy, the dart you need to be little faster. Same with the Monstrositis, good to avoid, you get punished if you dont. I like it that way.

Take your time with balancing, dont rush it and make it to easy in the end.

I love the new act 2 and the new arts in generel, it is so beautiful.

Hotfix sounds nice. Yesterday i tryed Cronley und Ultimate with my melee. huuuuhuhuu he had tons of hp. But i like it if it needs concentrations to take a boss down.

keep up the good work.

Don’t get me wrong : I would love challenging bossfights!

IF they were rewarding. But why should I do Kilrian, if he only drops potions and iron? Why not giving bosses a VISIBLE chance for epics / legendarys, if they are challenging?

Why should someone endure Ultimate with the goal to endure ultimate a bit better - when there is almost no visible reward.

On what grounds? People don’t just say things hit to hard. What were your resists like? Your phys resist? Your armor rating? Your total hp? You might just be undergeared. Even if you say you aren’t, the community and devs can’t tell unless you give us something to relate to. The more information provided, the more we can judge the feedback given. Spare as little detail as possible.

For example, I generally talk about lvl 85 fully geared builds I’ve made, so if something is hitting too hard, I can also talk about what damage type I think it’s coming from, or if it’s too much in general. I can provide the build so people know what classes i picked, and maybe if I made a real mistake in the build that just isn’t meant to be ultimate viable. Etc.

It lets us narrow the problem down to monsters, itemization, devotion, skill kits, the build itself, and combinations of all the above.

Buying potions in stacks hot fix? :smiley:

Did some Warden runs (lvl80 saboteur). It is much, much better after HF1. More fluid gameplay. Biggest issue with Warden was stun duration I reequipped some gear for that fight. I was able kill him with no big issues then.

Thanks for the hotfix and nice job with the skill/inventory UI overhaul :slight_smile:

[li]Added option to allow “Move To” to break destructible objects.[/li]
NICE! That’s something i really missed.

Thank you and wish a good launch for tomorrow :slight_smile:

Could you look into changing the dodge rate for ghosts? My trickster whiffs at air 30-40% of the time in ultimate. As it stands now I take longer to kill a pack of regular ghosts than the average hero.

So, game was cool for one day until silent drop nerf. I started farming Iron Maiden on Elite today and found out it drops absolute crap now. And guess what - i dont have gear to farm it on Ultimate (if its even possible). Another game with “to get good gear you have to farm 10000 hours” policy.

Drop rates were buffed in B31 and were not changed in the hotfix. Your sample size is simply insufficient.

1 - Nemesis drop rates were unchanged in B31.
2 - Iron Maiden has the worst legendary drop rate of the nemesis bosses. You’d be better off farming elsewhere.

Deploying fixes in Blizzard entertainment:

1. Programmer comes to work
  2. Community manager comes to work and finds emails from his subordinates that many players are submitting various bug and imbalance reports
  3. Community manager schedules a meeting with three departments in order to create an action plan for the burning issues
  4. Meeting is postponed because 3 people could not make it
  5. Community manager returns to desk to find 50 unread email with various relevant and irrelevant topics
  6. Re-schedules the meeting for next week because it is already Thursday and god only knows people hate meetings on a Friday right?
  7. Community manager continues to create communications for the new plushy Diablo doll that is to come out next Spring in order to maximize revenue and hit the targeted age group
  8. Community manager leaves until tomorrow
  9. Programmer finished correcting the code for the 5 pixels that were bugging out in an area visited by (according to logs) 1% of players and screams with joy! Success!
  10. Programmer leaves until tomorrow.

Meanwhile at Crate:

1. Programmer gets up from bed
  2. Drinks some (insert random beverage, most likely coffee) and sits to read the forums for bugs and things impacting player’s experience with the last patch
  3. Sees that various pretty important stuff is happening with the percentages and values, picks up a random character and starts testing
  4. Looks at values from the database and corrects them until he is satisfied
  5. Posts on the forums that the Hotfix is ready
  6. Job complete, and that is how shit gets done by a great bunch of people.

I hope for your as well as player’s sake you will never become a corporation :slight_smile: Stay as you are, pretty please and thanks for a great game.

Buuuuut, if you do become a corporation, Crate, hire me to sit in front of a computer and monitor the forums and troll the stupid people and occasionally guide the needy.

I can do that for you Crate and you have seen my skills. In what insane world would you not pay for that?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Why pay for it when you do it for free. :wink:

Like the changes to monster damage, yesterday it seemed like my characters where really struggling even brand new ones. Today after hot fix it felt a lot more balanced.

Bad news is that game still froze up but only when I used my Summoner character and summoned several pets, the pure melee builds where fine.

Damn… Didn’t think that far ahead.

I’ll be back with a 10 point backup proposal as I inititiate Plan B High alert mode.

It will contain fancy graphs that look fancy and possibly important but you won’t know for sure if it’s really important stuff at all or if I’m simply blowing smoke in your face. Any smoke actually involved will however be intoxicatingly pleasant.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Be careful! Zantai might have you paying Crate for your forum moderation skills! LOL!