Backer Rewards and DRM-Free Copy

Correct, I’ve played Deus Ex but I never fanboyed it. The name still sounds as I described and your manners of speech and overall snootiness fit that mental image rather well.

Glad you got that sorted out and good luck on getting that stick removed.

As for memories, its a knack. Tell your homies at the lodge powbam wishes them well.

Love,
Superfan all day, every day

I’d still like to know:

Are the DRM-free release, the STEAM release, and the GoG release mutually exclusive with a single key?

One key for all versions?

Nah pretty sure that’s a no. In my humble I have one for Steam and one for the drm-free.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah, me too.

But if I redeem the STEAM key, will the DRM-free key remain valid though?

In other words, can I play on STEAM and then switch to DRM-free later?

Yes… that’s what all of us with both keys have been doing all this time :wink:

I think that you should always have access to the drm-free to download regardless if you used your Steam key. Wouldn’t make sense to me to not allow it. The Steam key is there precisely to allow people to participate in early access.

Hmmm,… guess I’ll download it on STEAM then. I vehemently hate most forms of DRM, but STEAM is by far one of the least intrusive ones and a concept I can get behind.

This line on Humble bothers me though:

honestly i’m a little confused about it too. i have two versions in my Humble Store, the one i used in EA is considered as redeemed but not the other. but everybody here seem to be certain you can use the key on Steam and still get the DRM-free version if you bought it via this site (grimdawn.com) so they should be right.

Yea i admit it seems confusing to me 2 the way its worded but I was thinking it had to do with medierras mention of how the system was a little different when they first got with humble.

Perhaps Crate can shed some light about it.

No we complain about being treated as second class digital citizens because of steams market monopoly.

Our money is the same money as yours, we should be treated the same as we are paying it for the same product in the same amount.

I have no problem with companies being transparent about their claims and being honest about what an amount of cash buys any particular purchaser.

I cannot say the same when companies are not simply up front with the purchaser.

This is because Historically companies have abused such trust.

In fact I find it quite amusing to see people with steam versions wanting to ‘jump ship’ to a proposed GOG.com DRM free version.
If your service is so great why does a simple loss of a fairly transparent DRM service that you paid for act as such a boon.

Must be a GoG thing. The worlds getting crazy. It wasn’t happy with real live oppressed street gangs. Now we have real live oppressed digital citizens forming gangs.
(I am not shitting you by the way. I just came from a Steam thread that had some GoG roadies spouting almost identical rhetoric. Small world we live in)

Kinda looks like GoG may be ground zero here. What they feeding you guys? Is the buffet line that good over there?
(I hate to ask but what’s the hipster ratio at GoG? Alot of this 2nd class digital citizen stuff sounds like hipster dialogue. Are you guys based in Portland and Seattle? Maybe Denver?)

Do you guys have any brochures or pamphlets I could get my hands on? Some good info? I don’t have to become vegan to join do I? I live in Wisconsin and we like cheese so if I have to become vegan that may be pushing it too far. I want to see if this gang, this agenda fits my lifestyle. I’m open to change here.

It’s an extra copy. Do the math. You’re reading more into it than you need to. I’m certainly not jumping ship. Smart people cover their bases.
I’m happy to get my Humble version. I could care less if it came from either spot. They both do the same thing.

My STEAM key is left untouched, but HUMBLE says my other non-STEAM GD key has been redeemed, even though the non-STEAM version hasn’t even been made available yet. Pretty confusing indeed, would really like to hear medierras take on this.

I didn’t buy the game on this site by the way, but on KickStarter. Got the co-op bundle to further complicate things.

So wanted to be treated equally for spending money is like being in a street gang?

Let’s have a contest.

Which sounds more ridiculous to you?

Running around telling people you’re a second class oppressed digital citizen? Or,

running around telling people you’re a second class oppressed digital citizen and having buddies from GoG who also run around telling people they are second class oppressed digital citizens?

Or being the guy listening to you and your friends telling people they are second class oppressed digital citizens and noticing the ridiculousness of it all and being able to draw some hilarious and ironic comparisons to street gangs while simultaneously being amazed that you can tell people that you are a second class oppressed digital citizen with a straight face?

Don’t you ever wonder if you told somebody something like that face to face, do you ever wonder how many people might be confused about whether they should laugh at you or punch you?

I wonder about these things.

Can we please not spend any more time and words on this guy with the inferiority complex?

When I came on early this morning I had a few questions, most have been answered to a degree.

1. When do we get goodies?
  2. When do we get off Steam?
  3. Can I get a disc? (Have 3 computers in three different States.)
  4. Please fix hound so he quits wandering around like a lost soul.
  5. Being old and not up on up to date on all the latest. Have no idea what DRM and GOG are.
  6. Take your time and clean-up as many minor bugs as possible before putting on the street.
    You have until April 11 when I turn 86.
    Most of all thanks for a great game that I hope will keep me busy for years to come.

I’m just afraid that if we let them pass thru here unchallenged with this ideology they have without showing them how ridiculous it sounds, they’ll end up infecting other people.

Possibly our children.

That is what the generation of children are like today…

Gimme gimme gimme. Now now now.

No point in arguing with people like that who can’t understand reality of time.

The game selection is a small fraction of Steam’s, but the real boon is being able to download the full digital copy of any game. If I’m without internet, my Steam library is cut off from me (I mean if I needed to re-install). Conversely, you can back up all your GOG game installers and patches.

Steam does make things easier, but at the cost of surrendering a sense of control over your files. It feels more like a rental service when you first transition to it.

That being said, I’ll probably just stick with Steam for Grim Dawn since I’m fundamentally lazy. Not all GOG fans are that tribal, it’s just a fandom borne of being treated exceptionally well as customers.

You’re right. I became rather alarmed at the use of the term “digital citizens” in conjunction with “second class” with hints of “oppression”.

I’ve done all I can do.